Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1314947 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13680 on: November 04, 2013, 01:12:57 AM »
^ I suppose refusing because "you said you were going to quit" will result in more whinging?

Yes it did. Ugh... I told her, that if she wanted to smoke then she could go get them herself. "But it's cold."

No... really? Ya think?
Time for spine polish.  Tell her "No.  You want cigarettes, YOU go out in the cold and get them yourself."  Repeat as needed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nikko-chan

« Reply #13681 on: November 04, 2013, 02:34:14 AM »
^ I suppose refusing because "you said you were going to quit" will result in more whinging?

Yes it did. Ugh... I told her, that if she wanted to smoke then she could go get them herself. "But it's cold."

No... really? Ya think?
Time for spine polish.  Tell her "No.  You want cigarettes, YOU go out in the cold and get them yourself."  Repeat as needed.

I wish. But I live with her. And she'd yell at me forever about it. Thus making sure I would get nothing done.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13682 on: November 04, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »
People I know IRL who are unhappy with circumstances in their lives, will whine about it every time I hear from them, but they refuse to do a single thing to actually improve their situation.  On top of that, they want people to tell them what they ought to do but then they won't do what everyone tells them to do.

Or you give them advice over and over, they say "Oh that sounds like a good idea!" but never do anything and then when someone else gives them the same advice they act like they've never heard it before.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13683 on: November 04, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »
I actually cringe when I hear someone use the term "gentle giant".  It seems rude  to refer to someone as a giant, in the first place.  Why would anyone call attention to someone's size?   And the assumption that anyone of large size would be aggressive or violent or just plain not gentle, doesn't make sense.
On top of that, it is overused and sounds cornball, to me.

Sometimes when I know where someone's conversation if going when they are talking about someone of a larger size, I brace myself and think, "Don't say it...don't say it...please, don't sa...Darn!  You said it!" 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:56:47 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

mmswm

« Reply #13684 on: November 04, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »
Bijou, I agree with you when the term is applied to humans.  However, I do use the term for my dog.  Most people do think very large dogs are aggressive, and Baxter can be quite aggressive if the thinks one of my kids are in danger, but otherwise he's the gentlest dog on the planet.  He's also a 140 pound mastiff, and most people are leery of him simply on account of his size.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13685 on: November 04, 2013, 07:59:18 AM »
Bijou, I agree with you when the term is applied to humans.  However, I do use the term for my dog.  Most people do think very large dogs are aggressive, and Baxter can be quite aggressive if the thinks one of my kids are in danger, but otherwise he's the gentlest dog on the planet.  He's also a 140 pound mastiff, and most people are leery of him simply on account of his size.
I guess I just really dislike the term all the more because it is usually applied to human beings and just seems so off to me, in that regard.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13686 on: November 04, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »
When you have to create a login/password and no guidelines are given, but the system keeps rejecting your choices because you didn't do something according to its parameters.  I can't get it right if I don't know what I have to work within! 

poundcake

« Reply #13687 on: November 04, 2013, 10:10:14 AM »
I am so sick and tired of the undead.

Between vampires and zombies, there is just no escape, and hasn't been for over five years. And I appreciate the pop culture element of "We can't deal with what's really going on in our country, that's too scary. I know, let's plan for a zombie apocalypse that will never happen instead!" But it seems like everything is zombie-this and zombie-that, from YA books to tv and movies to, of course, Halloween costumes. (I guess having zombie versions of Halloween costumes was better than the sexy versions of them, but then there was all the "sexy zombie ___" stuff.)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13688 on: November 04, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »
Bring on the vampires but zombies and cannibals ick me out.  I can always eat more garlic.   >:D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13689 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:14 AM »
I am so sick and tired of the undead.

Between vampires and zombies, there is just no escape, and hasn't been for over five years. And I appreciate the pop culture element of "We can't deal with what's really going on in our country, that's too scary. I know, let's plan for a zombie apocalypse that will never happen instead!" But it seems like everything is zombie-this and zombie-that, from YA books to tv and movies to, of course, Halloween costumes. (I guess having zombie versions of Halloween costumes was better than the sexy versions of them, but then there was all the "sexy zombie ___" stuff.)

I have neighbors who believe in the zombie apocolypse thing, it seems. I don't really know these people but my next door neighbor was asking me what I knew of all this because it was all very new to her, the idea that the government was formulating a virus to turn us into zombies. I told her it sounds like someone's been watching too many zombie movies.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13690 on: November 04, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »
I agree that zombies have been utterly played out.  I like a good zombie story or game, but people, come ON.  There are other genres!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13691 on: November 04, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »
People I know IRL who are unhappy with circumstances in their lives, will whine about it every time I hear from them, but they refuse to do a single thing to actually improve their situation.  On top of that, they want people to tell them what they ought to do but then they won't do what everyone tells them to do.

Or you give them advice over and over, they say "Oh that sounds like a good idea!" but never do anything and then when someone else gives them the same advice they act like they've never heard it before.  ::)

I just dealt with this the other night. I was out, with a friend from my PT job, and another we used to work with. We all, including the former CW, did this as our second job, so sometimes it got a bit tiring not having much time to yourself.

I was told when hired, i needed to work ONE full weekend a month, which somehow morphed into every full weekend. After 2 years I put my foot down, and said enough. I will work every sat, but not Sundays (i hate sundays as they are all or nothing, and we are open until 6). Well, guess what, for the last however many years, I've only worked a rare sunday when they've been in a bind.

My current CW, has every sat off, but works sundays, and for the last couple of years, has complained how much she hates each and every week. Now our manager is reasonable, and if she simply said "can i please work only every other sunday" she would do it for her. But she has yet to do so. I finally told her, as long as you keep doing it, and not saying anything, mgr thinks you're ok with it. If you want things to change, you need to tell her and ask for only every other. But she won't. So you know what, your problem, not mine.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13692 on: November 04, 2013, 10:58:33 AM »
I agree that zombies have been utterly played out.  I like a good zombie story or game, but people, come ON.  There are other genres!

If I'm going to be chased, caught, and devoured, it could at least be by a werewolf.  They are at least warm blooded and smarter than a zombie. ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:00:13 AM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

BeagleMommy

« Reply #13693 on: November 04, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
Right now the fact that Annoying Coworker walks like a cow wearing army boots.  She has to pass my office to get to just about everything in the office so all I hear is a loud "clomp, clomp, clomp" all day long.  Sigh.  At least I can tell when she's approaching, I guess.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13694 on: November 04, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »

Not me! I had one growing up. They are such big smooshes! I was visiting my mom last month, and saw the most beautiful mastiff, who was a service dog! i commented how handsome he was, and the mans' son told me he was a "balance" dog. I could totally see that.