Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1859180 times)

Carotte

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13740 on: November 08, 2013, 06:15:00 AM »
I got a temp retail job (that's the yea part! unemployed and looking since January, it's not my field at all but hey, it's job!) - so I have to provide a bunch of paperwork, normal, I log into my social security account, request the paper I need and it tells me I can't , information is missing, I need to contact them.
Now, I suspect information has been missing for a while (a month ago the pharmacy couldn't use my SS card and I had to mail in the documents later, but it got through and I got reimbursed) why can't they actually tell me that when they get aware of it? we have an account for that very purpose, with his own mail system, they also know where I live and deity knows how much our administrations love sending letters!
But nooo, let's do all we can to make it difficult! And my profile doesn't even tells me what info is missing.
Arg.

Betelnut

« Reply #13741 on: November 08, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
Panera Bread.  I love that place but there is one thing that I simply cannot understand about their menu.  They sell bread.  They have "bread" in the title of the company.  But if you want to buy butter for the bread, you are kind of SOL. 

The first time I bought a bunch of bread from them, I asked if they had any fancy butter flavors, like honey butter, that I could buy.  Nope.  Huh?  I ended up getting some butter from the store to take to the potluck I was going to.

Today, I asked for just some regular butter and they said, "Sure."  I was expecting a small tub of butter.  Nope, I got a lot of little butter tubs (individual size) thrown into the bag.  Not classy, folks.  And, actually, I'm looking at it right now--its not even butter.  It's margarine.  Really?  Margarine for your delicsious bread?

I'm seriously tempted to write corporate about the issue.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Hillia

« Reply #13742 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
People who write negative online reviews complaining about ridiculous things, and bashing the business for them.

There is a great diner in Denver which specializes in breakfast.  It's a diner.  It's been there a thousand years.  It's in an industrial area, and not a gentrified one, either - right by the train tracks with a bunch of warehouses up the block.  Its core clientele is truckers and blue collar workers, and the menu is features huge portions and lots of carbs.

I read an online review that griped because the pork breakfast burrito wasn't available  in a vegetarian version.  They could make it without pork, but it would just be a tortilla and salsa.  The horror! And the spread for the toast was margarine, not real butter!  ZOMG!  What a horrible place!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13743 on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
Panera Bread.  I love that place but there is one thing that I simply cannot understand about their menu.  They sell bread.  They have "bread" in the title of the company.  But if you want to buy butter for the bread, you are kind of SOL. 

The first time I bought a bunch of bread from them, I asked if they had any fancy butter flavors, like honey butter, that I could buy.  Nope.  Huh?  I ended up getting some butter from the store to take to the potluck I was going to.

Today, I asked for just some regular butter and they said, "Sure."  I was expecting a small tub of butter.  Nope, I got a lot of little butter tubs (individual size) thrown into the bag.  Not classy, folks.  And, actually, I'm looking at it right now--its not even butter.  It's margarine.  Really?  Margarine for your delicsious bread?

They actually have both. They may have just grabbed the wrong one by mistake.  I got there all the time as its right next to my PT job, and great for a quick dinner. And honeslty, I've never seen any other place like that selling bread that also sells butter to go with it. I'd be surprised if they did.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13744 on: November 08, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »

They actually have both. They may have just grabbed the wrong one by mistake.  I got there all the time as its right next to my PT job, and great for a quick dinner. And honeslty, I've never seen any other place like that selling bread that also sells butter to go with it. I'd be surprised if they did.

Seriously?  So just... dry bread?  I can't think of anything less appetizing.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #13745 on: November 08, 2013, 11:15:40 AM »

I hate that they don't automatically give it to you when you order bread. I usually go through the drive-thru, but when I want a cheese bagel or a loaf of bread I go in, so I can grab it myself.

I'm kind of surprised they don't have a bread plate or a bread and cheese thing, with olive oil/balsamic dipping sauce. Seems like it'd be an easy moneymaker.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #13746 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:50 AM »

I've had many a roll without butter in the past few weeks, because of my family's change in diet. A good roll is good, with or without butter, imho.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

mmswm

« Reply #13747 on: November 08, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
My health insurance company right now.  Apparently my epipens aren't medically necessary.  Ummmm.  The last time I had a reaction I required two injections just to keep me breathing long enough for rescue to get to me.  Then I wound up on a vent for a couple hours before I stabilized.  I'm on the phone (or on hold, to be more specific) to protest.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13748 on: November 08, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »

I've had many a roll without butter in the past few weeks, because of my family's change in diet. A good roll is good, with or without butter, imho.

ITA. There is a bakery about an hour away from me. It is world class, it is simply amazing! You can buy bread that just came out of the oven. It melts in your mouth. I have eaten it without butter many times. If bread is that good, you don't need the butter.

magicdomino

« Reply #13749 on: November 08, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »

I don't think I've ever noticed butter for sale in a bakery.  Granted, I seldom go into bakeries, and when I do, it's for sweet things.  Back when bagel bakeries were all over the place, they often had butter and maybe a honey butter in the case with the cream cheeses.  So bagels, yes, regular bread bakeries, no.

Carotte

« Reply #13750 on: November 08, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
My health insurance company right now.  Apparently my epipens aren't medically necessary.  Ummmm.  The last time I had a reaction I required two injections just to keep me breathing long enough for rescue to get to me.  Then I wound up on a vent for a couple hours before I stabilized.  I'm on the phone (or on hold, to be more specific) to protest.

I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else that someone had a problem with the insurance claming that her husband's pregnancy was a pre-existing condition (and thus wouldn't be covered or something.).
Yeah, pregnancy being a pre-existing condition, in a male non the less, makes it pretty certain that someone made a mistake somewhere or in a lot of places  ::)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13751 on: November 08, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »

I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else that someone had a problem with the insurance claming that her husband's pregnancy was a pre-existing condition (and thus wouldn't be covered or something.).
Yeah, pregnancy being a pre-existing condition, in a male non the less, makes it pretty certain that someone made a mistake somewhere or in a lot of places  ::)
Must have been here, Carrote, because I remember that story too. And as for the epipen, mmswm?  If you have another reaction and die, then the insurance company no longer has to cover you, so THEY have saved money!  See how it all works out?   :P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

hjaye

« Reply #13752 on: November 08, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »

I'm wondering if it's United Health Care.  I swear, I've never had to jump through so many hoops just do things like get a refill on a prescription (they said I needed a pre-authorization from my Dr.  Then why did you fill it the first time????)
Get an MRI for my wife - she had been on all sorts of medications that are specifically for back and spinal disc problems, they didn't help so an MRI was scheduled, they originally denied coverage
denied coverage for prescription meds that my wife had been on for almost ten years
It just seems they make it harder and harder to get medications, or Dr approved procedures.  I wish my company would change insurance providers, but I have a feeling it's not just them.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13753 on: November 08, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
It's all companies right now. We are seeing it, too.

mmswm

« Reply #13754 on: November 08, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

Must have been here, Carrote, because I remember that story too. And as for the epipen, mmswm?  If you have another reaction and die, then the insurance company no longer has to cover you, so THEY have saved money!  See how it all works out?   :P

Is that how it works?  :-\
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)