Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1650014 times)

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13920 on: November 26, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
When people boast things that are absolutely untrue. The other night middle child boasted "I don't like watching movies more than once cause I've already seen them!" I said something about catching things I missed the first time around.

"Well, I don't miss anything the first time around!"

Just now we're watching HP: Order of the Phoenix, and the child asks "What are those little paper airplanes for that are zooming around?" right after Arthur Weasley explains what they are.

Yeah kid, remember EVERY detail do you?

My nieces do that.

"Oh, yuck I NEVER eat THAT! I haaaaaate THAT."
"Oh good, more for Aunt Seraphia then."
"...." [nomnomnom] "I loooooooove THAT!"

x3 over the course of Thanksgiving dinner. Apparently all it takes to get them to eat ham and green bean casserole is somebody else not caring if they do or not.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13921 on: November 26, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »
People who put their carry basket on the conveyer belt at the grocery store. This store always has plenty of separator bars next to the checkout, so that is not the reason. There is a place at the head of the checkout line to put the baskets, but no.

Why is that a problem? I honestly don't get it.

~hobish has a raging case of the stupids today

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13922 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
Because it is just as easy to take the items out of the basket and put the basket where it should go at the end of the line. There are several very petite cashiers that can't reach into the basket on the conveyer belt, so they have to pick it up, then remove the items so they can scan then. It is just a pet peeve of mine.

People who walk into the path of cars/bicycles/skateboards/other people and never even look. So glad I only go on campus 4 more times this semester!

andi

« Reply #13923 on: November 26, 2013, 10:10:33 PM »
People who slowly amble through the smack dab of the middle  the parking lot totally oblivious of any cars trying to get around the corner and to a parking spot. Only to then have someone else pop out of nowhere in the opposite direction and steel said parking spot

Also, people who drive the wrong way down well marked lanes in the parking lot and then block traffic going the correct direction trying to get out!!  Double points if they won't move and make the line back up so they can try to park o e spot closer then if they'd gone down the correct lane!

Adelaide

« Reply #13924 on: November 26, 2013, 11:16:47 PM »
Those "What Would Do?" segments are starting to be pretty annoying. I really resent the idea that if you don't insert yourself into those situations you don't have a heart or that there's something abnormal about it. Personally, I think that it's odd for them to anticipate that strangers will just throw their two cents into public arguments that 99% of the time should be private.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #13925 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
Because it is just as easy to take the items out of the basket and put the basket where it should go at the end of the line. There are several very petite cashiers that can't reach into the basket on the conveyer belt, so they have to pick it up, then remove the items so they can scan then. It is just a pet peeve of mine.

People who walk into the path of cars/bicycles/skateboards/other people and never even look. So glad I only go on campus 4 more times this semester!

Gotcha, thanks. Believe me, I know from pet peeves, LOL. 

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13926 on: November 27, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
That my DH frequently cleans out his wallet, and forgets to put his debit cards back in!

He just called me while out to pay bills and can't.  ::)

mmswm

« Reply #13927 on: November 28, 2013, 03:37:34 PM »
Pain meds.  I like the fact that they take away the pain, but I hate the way they make my brain feel.  Morphine, in particular makes me act like a hyperactive-way-too-giggly 7 year old girl.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Pen^2

« Reply #13928 on: November 28, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
I hate that either things look terribly messy but I know where everything is and I'm actually very organised and efficient, or, I clean up and it looks great but I have no idea where anything is until it gets messy again. 1st world problem, I know.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #13929 on: November 28, 2013, 09:54:56 PM »
Guys who think I couldn't possibly know anything about football because I'm female (or a fan of the opposing team.) I went to the Packers/Vikings game last Sunday--I'm a Packers fan in the middle of Vikings territory. We spent Thanksgiving with DH's family, who are Vikings fans. I was showing my nephew a picture of Adrian Peterson I took during the game; my camera zoom was quite good and I was able to take very close-up pics of the players. He scoffed and said, "That ain't AP," and got up and left. Ruuude.

BarensMom

« Reply #13930 on: November 28, 2013, 10:01:07 PM »
When I got to my SIL's house and unpacked the store's pre-cooked turkey dinner and found everything frozen rock hard solid.  Uhhh...we were planning to eat at 12:30 p.m.  Instead we got burgers for lunch.  The dinner was finally defrosted, heated and served 4 hours later.

No where on the flyer did it mention that the pre-cooked dinner was frozen.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13931 on: November 28, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
When someone regales you with a monologue about a particular topic you have never shown an interest in, know nothing about and doesn't take hints.

Finally, I asked DH what time it was and excused myself so we could drive an hour home.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #13932 on: November 30, 2013, 02:59:18 AM »
Right now, a couple of my co-workers. We're in high speed mode, trying to get orders finished and out the door before Christmas, working extra hours including Saturdays, yadda yadda. Our boss has… er… possibly a slightly exaggerated opinion of the workroom staff's ability to make ALL THE THINGS in the time remaining before we shut down for the holiday, but it's not completely out of reach.

So it really annoys me when two of my co-workers get together and have a nice whiny chat about how Boss is stupid, unrealistic, fooling himself, etc etc blah blah blah, for a minimum of twenty minutes every time he leaves after talking to us about the workload. EVERY TIME! Multiple times a day, sometimes! Look, I know it's annoying that he kind of brushes off every worry we have about the number of orders we need to fill, but we'd be quite a bit further along towards filling them if you two would SHUT UP AND DO YOUR JOBS!!!!!

AAAARGH!  >:(
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Snooks

« Reply #13933 on: November 30, 2013, 11:56:31 AM »
DH thinking he's super hard done by because he's had to do a tiny fraction of what I do.  All I needed him to do was buy some wrapping paper for a birthday present, he chose the "awesome" paper which is designed for a six year old boy not a thirty year old man.  I wouldn't mind if it in any way tied to the present but it doesn't.  He's now huffing because he's been so busy all day (ignoring the fact that I was out doing something I didn't want to be doing and was unable to do the things I asked him to do).  Gah, this is why I dig my heels in over things that make my mother claim I'm being unfair to him.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13934 on: December 01, 2013, 09:57:04 AM »
Android.  Or some of the developers for said OS.

We bought a tablet earlier this year, and the thing had an incident recently.  That is, it had to do a factory reset.  This is always annoying, of course.  But the problem is, one of the games I had was not only wiped, but apparently there's no way to back it up, and it doesn't back itself up.  So, all the XP I gained?  Gone.  All the premium currency I'd earned (you can buy it or earn it, and I played several dozen hours to earn it)?  Gone.  The $5 perk I went and purchased to make the game a little less grindy?  Gone.  It's not the developer's fault, as it's my tablet that borked and not the game itself, but I've never had a Windows game that can't have its progress backed up in some fashion.

I mean, I know the solution... leave that game alone from now on.  But I wouldn't have spent real-world time and money on it if it weren't fun, dangit.