News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 21, 2018, 02:33:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5486677 times)

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13935 on: December 14, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »
this is why I carry foam earplugs with me at all times

Mrs.k2002 has a very robust snore. I buy foam earplugs in bulk. Makes for a happy marriage.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #13936 on: December 14, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
From the USPS tracking site:

Scheduled delivery date: December 12, 2013

Tracking:
 December 9, 2013 , 8:53 pm     Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility AURORA, CO 80011 
 December 9, 2013                     Depart USPS Sort Facility                     AURORA, CO 80011 
 December 11, 2013 , 11:30 am Arrival at Post Office                            LOS ANGELES, CA 90028 
 December 11, 2013 , 2:55 pm   Processed through USPS Sort Facility  LOS ANGELES, CA 90093 
 December 13, 2013 , 1:03 pm   Processed through USPS Sort Facility  LOS ANGELES, CA 90052 
 December 14, 2013                   Depart USPS Sort Facility                     LOS ANGELES, CA 90052 
 December 14, 2013 , 5:06 am   Processed through USPS Sort Facility  LOS ANGELES, CA 90052 

90028 and 90093 are in downtown Los Angeles. 90052 is several miles south of that. I live on the west side, about 30 minutes to the west of either of those. Even in the worst Los Angeles traffic it doesn't take 3 days to go from downtown to where I live. And this is a first class package. I doubt very much that it's going to arrive today. Why it departed 90052 and then got processed through there again, I don't know. Mrs.k2002 speculated that it's mis-addressed but I've ordered from this company before and they have my correct address in their system (and they print their labels, not hand write them.)

If it's going to be wandering around downtown LA, I hope that it picks up some dim sum from Chinatown or a couple of french dip sandwiches from Philippe on the way.

Update: EHell must be magic because this package just got delivered (12:11PM) by the post man. No dim sum or sandwich, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:12:41 PM by artk2002 »
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Sirius

« Reply #13937 on: December 14, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »
I remember tracking a badly-needed switch box that a vendor had sent me up and down the west coast before finally arriving back at the vendor's office.  Turned out the vendor had put my office's address but his own zip code.  Once he got the address right I had the switch box within two days.

mmswm

« Reply #13938 on: December 14, 2013, 02:18:34 PM »
The only package I've ever tracked that closely was when I had to overnight my son's passport to my sister.  Of course that was the package that got misdirected.  It took two days for her to get the passport, but I did get my money back.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lynnv

« Reply #13939 on: December 14, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »
I am in a hotel this weekend (doing a special project for work).   Housekeeping just came-but the gal said they aren't allowed to clean while I am in the room so she can't service my room since I don't know when I will leave today. 

I don't know if she was just lying thinking I wouldn't know the difference or if this hotel has a ridiculous policy, but it irritates me.   Part of what I am paying for in a hotel is them making the bed and cleaning the place up a bit.  I often end up working all or part of the day in my room.   And it is never a problem for them to clean around me.  So now I have to complain to the front desk.   Grrrrrr.   I won't stay at this particular hotel again anyway because of a few other things I don't care for, but this really seals the deal. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Hillia

« Reply #13940 on: December 14, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »
I am in a hotel this weekend (doing a special project for work).   Housekeeping just came-but the gal said they aren't allowed to clean while I am in the room so she can't service my room since I don't know when I will leave today. 

I don't know if she was just lying thinking I wouldn't know the difference or if this hotel has a ridiculous policy, but it irritates me.   Part of what I am paying for in a hotel is them making the bed and cleaning the place up a bit.  I often end up working all or part of the day in my room.   And it is never a problem for them to clean around me.  So now I have to complain to the front desk.   Grrrrrr.   I won't stay at this particular hotel again anyway because of a few other things I don't care for, but this really seals the deal.

Female housekeeping staff are assaulted with depressing regularity.  The rule is in place for her protection.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #13941 on: December 14, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
this is why I carry foam earplugs with me at all times

Mrs.k2002 has a very robust snore. I buy foam earplugs in bulk. Makes for a happy marriage.

I get ear infections at the drop of an... earplug. :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13942 on: December 14, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »

Female housekeeping staff are assaulted with depressing regularity.  The rule is in place for her protection.

I live in a very tourist driven place. I can tell you there is not one hotel/motel in the area that allows staff to clean while you are in the room.  None, nada, zilch.  It's a safety policy.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #13943 on: December 14, 2013, 05:04:25 PM »
Tumblr has been down for hours.  I was in the middle of something.  Not happy.

Lynnv

« Reply #13944 on: December 14, 2013, 06:56:50 PM »

I live in a very tourist driven place. I can tell you there is not one hotel/motel in the area that allows staff to clean while you are in the room.  None, nada, zilch.  It's a safety policy.

I stay a this hotel chain 40-50 nights a year-and have done so for the past several years.  I stay in these hotels often enough that, even as my second choice hotel chain, I still have the highest status level in their "stay here too often" program. 

Depending on my assignment, I can be working in my hotel room from 1 and up to 4 times a week.  I have never had anyone refuse to clean while I was in the room.  The explanation you are giving, however, makes sense-and I would have certainly accepted it without being cranky if they had actually given that explanation.

The housekeeper didn't explain the reason at all-just told me she couldn't do it.  The front desk guy tried to tell me it is for better customer service, which doesn't make any sense.  So, given your explanation, I am now annoyed that I was annoyed with them because they wouldn't explain their policy to me and instead brushed me off (the housekeeper-who I will forgive as I am not sure how much language we have in common) and the front desk guy (who tried to give me an explanation of how not cleaning my room was for my benefit).   I suppose it is an improvement-I am annoyed with them for a better reason.  :>
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Adelaide

« Reply #13945 on: December 14, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »
There's a great sushi/hot food buffet in my hometown, but they've had a problem with people getting heaps of sushi and only eating the fish off of it. The restaurant can't stay in business if they allow people to do that and they've had to post signs about it all over the place. I REALLY hope they don't close, it's the best deal around for sushi.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #13946 on: December 15, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »
Christmas shopping without a list and clear idea of what everyone is getting. I simply cannot meander around, trying to figure out what everyone might like. It makes me twitchy and irritable. Which is also why I won't do it with anyone else.

And in the holiday vein, and I know it's puddly, but when people don't take the price tag off gift bags.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #13947 on: December 15, 2013, 12:49:44 PM »
When the plow goes by shortly after you've blown out the driveway.  I'll have to shovel out the plow pile before I head to the grocery store.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #13948 on: December 15, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »
Illness that hangs around long after its welcome is exhausted. Not that gastro is ever really welcome, but when it's nearly a week since it first kicked in and you're still experiencing… problems… and off work, it's a bit beyond a joke!

(Blaaaargh. My stomach just will not SHUT UP.)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

CuriousParty

« Reply #13949 on: December 15, 2013, 05:16:48 PM »
Illness that hangs around long after its welcome is exhausted. Not that gastro is ever really welcome, but when it's nearly a week since it first kicked in and you're still experiencing… problems… and off work, it's a bit beyond a joke!

(Blaaaargh. My stomach just will not SHUT UP.)
Right there with you, Mel. I'm sick AND bored!