Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1564279 times)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13980 on: December 04, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »
My friend has 2 cats and a dog and she had me laughing hysterically the other night describing the antics of her biggest cat.  The smaller of the two, if his food bowl is empty, is not proud and will just eat the dog's kibble.  But the gray one is hilarious.  He tried to open up the door of the closet where friend keeps the wet food and when that didn't work, he hopped up onto the counter where she keeps the empty bowls between feedings.

He lay beside the bowl and did this whole "Oh woe is me, pity me" thing of lying down like he was starving to death with his head in the bowl as he pitifully licked the empty bowl.  This is not even a thin kitty, H is a big furry boy!

As for my annoyance: DH and the boys are fans of this one anime, Clannad, in which one character likes these big round plushies called Dangos and there's even a cute little song to it.  DH found some Dangos on Etsy and ordered one as a big surprise for oldest DS as he'd said he'd like a Dango for Christmas.

It arrived today, with no warning, just was left on the porch and I didn't even realize anything had been delivered until DS comes home and says "Well I know one thing I'm getting for Christmas."  The person who'd sent this thing wrote on the side "Dango" with a PICTURE of the thing drawn on the side. 

Really? Even when it's NOT near Christmas, it really doesn't seem like the greatest of ideas to label the outside of a box with what's inside.  ::)

I told DS "Forget you ever saw this and don't say anything about it to anyone." Yeah, not the best idea, perhaps but DH loves gift giving and I hate to spoil it for him when he was especially excited that he was able to find this and was really looking forward to surprising DS with it on Christmas morning.
When I was little at Christmas time our postal carrier would not leave packages from Canada on the doorstep. She would ring the bell and only  give the package to Mom or Dad - because the customs form on the outside listed the contents.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13981 on: December 04, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
See, that would make sense! I think it was possibly UPS though not USPS delivering it, as I usually can hear when the postal carrier delivers since our mailbox sits on our porch and I can hear them open and close it.  And UPS usually will knock on the door, but I guess they've been busy.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #13982 on: December 04, 2013, 10:14:10 PM »
When the phone rings during Scrabble with my boyfriend! I'm beginning to think someone has a Scrabble sensor on our bed and it signals them to call when the headboard moves. Grrr!

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

nuit93

« Reply #13983 on: December 04, 2013, 11:40:34 PM »
When the phone rings during Scrabble with my boyfriend! I'm beginning to think someone has a Scrabble sensor on our bed and it signals them to call when the headboard moves. Grrr!

There are ways to test that theory :)

Snooks

« Reply #13984 on: December 05, 2013, 03:05:54 AM »
I was all set to write about something that drove me up the wall, but someone gave me the solution today!

If I wear a skirt in the winter I like to wear tights with them. I was having an awful time keeping them from sliding down. For some reason, no matter what size or brand I bought they would slide down. I never had this problem in past seasons, not sure if it's me or the way they make tights now.

I was losing my mind one day, hoisting them up when someone told me to just wear a pair of underwear over them. Couldn't be that easy, could it?

Oh yes, it could. I can NOT believe what a difference it makes. It's a silly little thing, but boy has it made a difference in my disposition!

I was given that hint a few years ago and it really does make a difference.

Melle

« Reply #13985 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:18 AM »
I was losing my mind one day, hoisting them up when someone told me to just wear a pair of underwear over them. Couldn't be that easy, could it?

Oh yes, it could. I can NOT believe what a difference it makes. It's a silly little thing, but boy has it made a difference in my disposition!

Plus, you can officially say you dress like a superhero!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:11:51 AM by Melle »

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13986 on: December 05, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »

[/quote]

Coffee, meet monitor.

emwithme

« Reply #13987 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »

Coffee, meet monitor.
[/quote]

I have a pair of Superman branded boy-style undies that are slightly too big for me when I wear them "properly" but as the over-a-pair-of-tights pair fit perfectly.  And they're so apt.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #13988 on: December 05, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »

Of course - standing beside the bed at odd hours, and shaking the headboard.

That's what you mean, right?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

nuit93

« Reply #13989 on: December 05, 2013, 11:36:16 AM »

Of course - standing beside the bed at odd hours, and shaking the headboard.

That's what you mean, right?

But of course! 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13990 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:54 AM »
Well, I obviously have a very dirty mind because I thought she meant moving the board to a different location.   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Snooks

« Reply #13991 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »
Trying to sort out my TV service.  They want to put the price up so I contacted them for a better deal.  Everything was going well until I asked about the huge amount of TV I have stored but not watched on my existing box, oh no they'd take that box away.  Can't/won't transfer the programs to the new box or let me keep the box to hook up to my (only) TV to watch at my leisure.

cwm

« Reply #13992 on: December 05, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
My sister and her willful obliviousness to fiscal reality.

Actually, any person's willful obliviousness to fiscal reality. Especially when it impacts my interactions with them. (Asking for money, always needing rides, they're loudly complaining that they can't eat out or have nice things, trying to make me feel guilty for what I have. etc.)

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13993 on: December 05, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
The restaurant I mentioned here:

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=75495.13605

I am never going back there again. I was there for lunch today. Right when my salad arrived, an episode of Dirty Jobs came on. Try eating a salad sprinkled with white cheese when Mike is on the tv blathering about "We're gonna learn about maggots today...Here's the maggots feeding on salmon guts...Guess how maggots eat...." I wanted to ask the waitresses to change the channel, but they were standing around the table of another customer who was gushing "I love this show! It's my favorite!" And they were enthusiastically agreeing "Oh, I know! It's so awesome!" "Oh, did you ever see xyz episode ?" "I did! Remember that one scene..." I don't think I should have to ask every time I go into a restaurant "Please don't play tv shows that kill my appetite or make me uncomfortable."  Since they lack that common sense, well, my money is going elsewhere instead
 :P And yes, I've been in other restaurants where the staff realized (without any customer comment) "Whoa, this tv show will be offputting to customers. Let me grab the remote real quick..."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:21:00 PM by TeamBhakta »

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13994 on: December 05, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
My sister and her willful obliviousness to fiscal reality.

Actually, any person's willful obliviousness to fiscal reality. Especially when it impacts my interactions with them. (Asking for money, always needing rides, they're loudly complaining that they can't eat out or have nice things, trying to make me feel guilty for what I have. etc.)

I have a friend like that.  Today I actually speculated that if she won the Powerball she'd give all the money away.