I have a coworker who is really nice, but his mannerisms drive me up the wall! Some things he does at his desk (while I'm seated right next to him):
*Instead of clearing his throat as most people do, he does a loud, sharp cough. Several times a minute.
*Talking to himself.
*Tapping his head multiple times
*Putting his hands to his lips and exhaling in little short bursts.
Nice guy, but sometimes I just want to say enough already!
I sit right next to his twin sister, so I feel your pain. :/
She has some fabulously annoying habits and to make matters worse, I've been blessed with a) very acute hearing and b) an aversion to unnecessary noise. She seems to be unable to perform any task without making two or three times the normal amount of noise.
Some highlights are:
* Instead of clearing her throat as most people do, she does a very loud, very deep hack that sounds like it's coming from a man who is 6'8" and weighs 350 pounds. At least she doesn't do it all that often.
* Talking to herself. This is constant - all day, every day. Sometimes it's in a normal conversational tone and sometimes in a very audible whisper.
* Snorting, frequently and loudly. And...moistly.
* Dragging her feet on the ground when she walks.
* Practically shouting when she's on the phone.
* Producing a very loud, dramatic intake of breath whenever she encounters something mildly surprising. This is an obvious attempt to get someone to ask her what's up. If no one does, she seeks someone out and tells them whether they want to hear it or not. Usually it's something along the lines of "OOOMMMGGG! These two people you've never heard of in your life and whom I barely know are getting a divorce!!"
* Swallowing so loudly that whenever she takes a drink you can hear her from across the room.
She's also very nosy and rather bossy.
OK. I think I'm finished. She's really not a bad person, believe it or not. Just annoying.