Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1845217 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14010 on: December 06, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
I hate it when guys try to be "armchair coaches" for my martial arts class. I've heard every unsolicited opinion from "Women aren't as strong as men" to "Oh I'd never fight a woman" to "I'd just hit so much harder and it wouldn't be fair." Which might be valid opinions if they were coming from athletes, but from the looks of most of these guys offering opinions they can't even run a mile or do a pull-up without being totally exhausted.  ???

Knew a guy like that, had a beer gut but he just loved to talk about how he knew akido and could best DH who at the time had just gotten out of Marine Corps boot camp.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14011 on: December 06, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »
When an Amazon order is described as "undeliverable" and needs to be reshipped.  No explanation, you wait 3 days longer, and one of the items is out of stock.

cwm

« Reply #14012 on: December 06, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
I was writing an exam.  The guy in front of me kept clearing his throat; it was very high pitched.  Then he had a great, hacking, coughing fit.  I thought, 'Oh, thank [diety].  Now he'll stop clearing his throat!'  Nope, right back to a little 'ahem' every couple of minutes.  I thought I was going to go mad.  And I made sure never to sit anywhere near that guy again.

I had a recent proctored professional exam. It's VERY regulated, they even do a metal detector wand before you're allowed into the testing room. There was a girl who kept clearing her throat every few seconds. It was very distracting.

To be fair, I had to clear my throat a few times, but I tried to save it for when it was unbearable. And I talk to myself at work sometimes too, but at the test I put my hand over my mouth and am afraid to breathe when I'm moving my lips, I do not want to be that person who bothers everyone else. And if someone said something to me about talking at work, I'd try to stop. Usually it's muttering under my breath, so it's hard to hear.

There's a guy I work with, sits diagonally from me in the cubes. We sit facing opposite directions. I'm facing NE, he's facing SW, for example. So he turns around and starts asking me a question, but I can't tell if he's actually asking me a question, asking the girl across from me (also next to him), asking in general at someone walking by, or just talking on the hands-free headset on his phone. Girl and I had to explain to him today that if you want to ask us a question, start by saying our names until you get our attention, then continue with the question. Otherwise we're just not going to hear a thing.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14013 on: December 06, 2013, 04:46:44 PM »
When an Amazon order is described as "undeliverable" and needs to be reshipped.  No explanation, you wait 3 days longer, and one of the items is out of stock.
Or when you've ordered gifts anywhere online, your credit card is charged, and a week later you get an email saying "We're sorry, these items are out of stock and we don't have any idea when they'll be available again.  We've credited your card for the full amount."  So you order a replacement from someone else, and two days later get the full order from the ORIGINAL company.  No credit on the card, of course, which is OK since you got what you ordered, but now it's too late to cancel the replacement order because it's already shipped.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Betelnut

« Reply #14014 on: December 06, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
When I have a weird name for the "Kids' names, are you serious?" thread but I just can't find the thread!  And the search function simply doesn't work on this forum!  Drives me nuts...
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #14015 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
Microsoft Office Mail Merge.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14016 on: December 06, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
Microsoft Office Mail Merge.

Aurgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I don't have to use it now.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14017 on: December 06, 2013, 07:05:53 PM »
When I have a weird name for the "Kids' names, are you serious?" thread but I just can't find the thread!  And the search function simply doesn't work on this forum!  Drives me nuts...

That's because it's "Baby Names - You're kidding Right???" :)

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=6313.0
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

Betelnut

« Reply #14018 on: December 06, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »

Thanks--but my searches never work.  The message says I'm not allowed to search.  Weird.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14019 on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:49 PM »

Thanks--but my searches never work.  The message says I'm not allowed to search.  Weird.

Huh. Weird indeed, it works just fine for me. I wonder why?

(That's going to drive ME up the wall now! ;))
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

squeakers

« Reply #14020 on: December 06, 2013, 09:20:37 PM »

Huh. Weird indeed, it works just fine for me. I wonder why?

(That's going to drive ME up the wall now! ;))

Forum Search is broken right now.. but scanning the first 3 pages or so of the individual forums will always bring up popular threads. (Depending on how many threads you have your settings at.) If you don't see it after 150 -200 posts/threads.. it probably could be made as a whole new thread.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #14021 on: December 07, 2013, 12:15:33 AM »
People who will not move to the back of the bus, even when the driver or the recorded announcements remind them to.

If it's one or two, maybe they have specific reasons. But when it's every person standing, stretched out over the entire front half of the bus so it's harder to board, it feels like "I'm too special to move another ten feet, even if it makes it harder for you to get on the bus."

The weird thing is, sometimes they are so busy being Special Snowflakes who Don't Have to Move Back that they don't bother to notice that there are available seats in the back half of the bus. So I got a seat on a crowded bus in the evening rush hour. I wasn't expecting a seat, just being a good citizen and guessing that there'd be more standing room further back.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

Desdemona

« Reply #14022 on: December 07, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
Technological problems at bad times drive me up the wall.

My law school lets us take exams on computers which is great because I have awful handwriting. So today my computer ran some system check and my hard drive is apparently going to fail at anytime. The computer is under warranty so I'll be getting a free replacement hard drive but did this really have to happen two days before my exams? Now I'm just going to be hoping with every fiber of my being this imminent failure doesn't happen after my last exam on Tuesday.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #14023 on: December 09, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
Catching colds at bad times. I thought I'd get one Christmas without a headache, sniffles, hoarseness or coughing. HAHA, I suppose not. My throat is terribly sore. I just got over my last cold a week ago, too! I must be inhaling the viruses, because I'm meticulous about washing my hands and not touching any part of my face while out of my own home. I hope this bugger leaves before Christmas, and I hope I don't contract something else when I do get well.

I usually don't mind colds and see them as part of life, but I have one every blasted Christmas and I hate not being able to smell all the delicious foods, mints, cookies and the crisp outside air that I associate with the holiday!
Who is the Doctor?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14024 on: December 09, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »
You have my sympathy, as I've had a cold for the past few days myself.  For the most part it's not been too bad, except for first thing in the morning and in the evenings, though actually now I'm feeling pretty good, albeit a bit congested.  Yesterday and Saturday evening though I could swear I had figured out JK Rowling's inspiration for wrackspurts.  (For those unfamiliar, wrackspurts will fly in your ears and make your brain go all fuzzy)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata