Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1687409 times)

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14055 on: December 11, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »
There is a series of commercials for a car company that DH absolutely detests.  He makes this known every.single.time.the.commercials.run.

Not only that, he has an argument with the commercials as if the actors can hear him.  Of course, if I tell him to just change the channel or, heaven forbid, use the mute button I get accused of not understanding why the commercials bother him.  ::)

Sometimes I'm really glad I have a book.

I didn't know you were also married to my husband.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #14056 on: December 11, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »
Or the companion - if it's dramatic, we must shoot it at night, or in a darkened warehouse, or underground - anything so that the audience can't actually see what's happening except for occasional flashes.  I blame the X Files for starting this trend.

Hostages is terrible with that -- after one episode I told my husband that if the lighting got any worse, I'd need night vision goggles just to see the show.

Movies that were 3D in the theaters, once on DVD, end up looking very dark.  There are parts of the last Harry Potter movie where I really can't see what's going on.

This doesn't hold true for all movies, however... Avengers was in 3D, and the DVD looks fine.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14057 on: December 11, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
People who don't know what idiom (...that is the word I want, right? My brain is toast) they're using so they keep repeatedly screwing it up.

Within five minutes of each other, from the same person, I've seen "batter down the hatches" and "button down the hatches". Nnnnnoooo, not quite... >:(
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #14058 on: December 11, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »
[...] Within five minutes of each other, from the same person, I've seen "batter down the hatches" [...]

Were the hatches deep fried?

mmswm

« Reply #14059 on: December 11, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
[...] Within five minutes of each other, from the same person, I've seen "batter down the hatches" [...]

Beet batter?  Cake batter?  Waffles? 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14060 on: December 11, 2013, 08:59:33 PM »

Beet batter?

I'm going to go for waffle batter, myself.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Betelnut

« Reply #14061 on: December 11, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »
Or the companion - if it's dramatic, we must shoot it at night, or in a darkened warehouse, or underground - anything so that the audience can't actually see what's happening except for occasional flashes.  I blame the X Files for starting this trend.

Hostages is terrible with that -- after one episode I told my husband that if the lighting got any worse, I'd need night vision goggles just to see the show.

Absolutely!!!  I prefer the shows that maintain the fiction that dark is really only about as dark as twilight.    I hate shows and movies that are so dark that I can't see what is happening.

Gray's Anatomy is terrible for this.  The hospitals I've been in have all been well lit, if not overly lit.  GA is so dark.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14062 on: December 11, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »

Beet batter?

;D ;D ;D

I think I'd prefer a good beer batter.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

TeamBhakta

« Reply #14063 on: December 12, 2013, 12:14:17 AM »
Writing cover letters to go with resumes. I think employers should stop asking for that and instead go along with "See, I have a nice smile, I've never punched anyone or gone to jail and I brought you a box of candy."  It would make my life so much easier :P

mmswm

« Reply #14064 on: December 12, 2013, 02:45:14 AM »

Beet batter?

;D ;D ;D

I think I'd prefer a good beer batter.

And this is why I normally avoid posting from my iPad.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #14065 on: December 12, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
Writing cover letters to go with resumes. I think employers should stop asking for that and instead go along with "See, I have a nice smile, I've never punched anyone or gone to jail and I brought you a box of candy."  It would make my life so much easier :P

Agreed! 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14066 on: December 12, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »
What is driving me crazy right now is my neighbour using my driveway to turn to back into his.  Seems kinda petty, right?

Except he's doing it before I've cleared the snow!  I wouldn't care so much if my driveway was asphalt and it would melt off with any kind of sun but I've got an interlock driveway.  When the snow gets mashed down onto it, it doesn't melt until the temperature is above freezing.  And it makes it slippery, both for me pulling in and for walking.

I'm seriously considering asking him to stop doing that.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14067 on: December 13, 2013, 07:56:07 AM »
When you find a product only partially on sale in the supermarket. 

Yesterday I went into one and saw Progresso soup at half price.... but only a short list of flavors.  This has happened before with other products.  Either put them all on sale or not; don't confuse or embarrass the customer.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #14068 on: December 13, 2013, 08:42:03 AM »
Same with only putting the Campbell's Condensed Soups on sale, but not the other kinds.

If you bring an item for a bring a dish dinner and it requires bowls, shouldn't you bring bowls? I always have. No, Mr. special dessert raised a stink about there not being bowls, so DH went and bought some. It was a cake, didn't even need a bowl!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14069 on: December 13, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
Being congested and having a hard time hearing.  This seems to be a common thing with me when I get a cold, it's just harder to hear and I hate having to ask for people to repeat things.

But man it would help if they didn't mumble in the first place!! MOVE them lips, folks, they're there for a reason.  DH and my oldest seem to be the most guilty of this, and then they get annoyed when they have to repeat themselves. Yes, I know it's no fun to repeat yourself but dangit, if you'd enunciate in the first place, and speak a bit louder, you'd be heard the first time!

Actually DS doesn't get annoyed but DH does. But really man, take the hand away from the mouth at least so I can see if you're lips are moving in a general "yes" direction!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata