Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1749330 times)

cwm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14280 on: December 30, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »
DH drove us to brunch yesterday, a Sunday afternoon during the holiday break, and was astounded that there were other people out! The parking lots were nearly full!  ::)

He also needs a new pillow, so I directed him to the pillow section, but he didn't like any of the 15 or so models available. Too flat, too thin, etc. I left him in the pillow aisle and got the rest of my items.

This one is whited out for possible triggers.

<snipped>

Yeah, Ladyknight, I don't put up with that either. I've known too many people in real life, it's just not something to threaten idly or joke about. I actually reported someone like that, and then they tried to come back and attack me about it, because it was obvious they were joking. Sorry, tone doesn't come across online, and to me there is absolutely ZERO reason to joke about that ever.

About your DS and the pillows, I'm picky with my pillows too. That's why when I need to buy a new one, I go on my own and usually try to go in the middle of the day on a weekday so I'm not inconveniencing anyone else by taking so much time. Much easier for everyone involved.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #14281 on: December 30, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »
It is DH. He doesn't want to spend the money to get an approximation of what he had. Drives me batty.

squeakers

« Reply #14282 on: December 30, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »
It is DH. He doesn't want to spend the money to get an approximation of what he had. Drives me batty.

"Too flat, too thin" .. which is why my pillow of choice right now is actually a couch pillow.  It's rectangular, firm enough and I can fluff it if I need more lift.  It's half the size of a regular bed pillow but works great. 

Regular bed pillows are just too soft.  I use one to keep my pillow from falling off the top of the bed (no headboard since DH is so tall he prefers those few inches of space for his elbows/hands) and sometimes when I have a bad cold/URI I put my couch pillow on top of the bed pillow to give me even more elevation (I sit up sleeping, basically).
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #14283 on: December 30, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »

"Too flat, too thin" .. which is why my pillow of choice right now is actually a couch pillow.  It's rectangular, firm enough and I can fluff it if I need more lift.  It's half the size of a regular bed pillow but works great. 

Regular bed pillows are just too soft.  I use one to keep my pillow from falling off the top of the bed (no headboard since DH is so tall he prefers those few inches of space for his elbows/hands) and sometimes when I have a bad cold/URI I put my couch pillow on top of the bed pillow to give me even more elevation (I sit up sleeping, basically).
I have this great pillow I bought from Sams. It is  memory foam, but not solid. It is little chunks of memory foam torn up and shoved in  a pillow.  It is perfect. I can contort it however I like, the support is great, and it wasn't overly expensive for its type (maybe $20).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14284 on: December 30, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »

I have this great pillow I bought from Sams. It is  memory foam, but not solid. It is little chunks of memory foam torn up and shoved in  a pillow.  It is perfect. I can contort it however I like, the support is great, and it wasn't overly expensive for its type (maybe $20).

I have these too! Mine came from Costco. They are slightly smaller than normal but as I detest squishy pillows and need really firm, I like them I got 2 for $10. I figured if I hated them, I wasn't out much $$$. But I don't.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14285 on: December 30, 2013, 11:50:53 PM »

I have these too! Mine came from Costco. They are slightly smaller than normal but as I detest squishy pillows and need really firm, I like them I got 2 for $10. I figured if I hated them, I wasn't out much $$$. But I don't.

I've got memory "fiber" pillows. I'm not sure what's in them, but I hate squishy pillows, and these are so nice and firm without actually being foam. (I can't stand the way foam feels.) I got them at Shopko.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #14286 on: December 31, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
Too many acronyms confuse and irritate me. I've read various stories where the poster uses DF and i have no idea if she means Dear Father or Dear Fiance or Dear Friend or Dear Fink.   :)

And then there are the stories about an entire family - DF, DS, DSM, GMIL, DSM, FIL, GM, SS, SB, DT, DGF.....  By the time i get to the end of the post, I have no idea who did what to whom.

Yes! Especially iF the OP doesnt clarify on the first go round, or there are two people with the same relationship initials, dear sister and dear son were both possibilities in a recent thread.  Later conversation made it clear it all nuclear family, so son, but I wasn't 100% certain to start with.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear other people have this problem. Is it really that hard to type out "Mom," "Dad," "Sis," "Son," etc?

Also, why is everybody "dear?"

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14287 on: December 31, 2013, 01:16:40 AM »
Too many acronyms confuse and irritate me. I've read various stories where the poster uses DF and i have no idea if she means Dear Father or Dear Fiance or Dear Friend or Dear Fink.   :)

And then there are the stories about an entire family - DF, DS, DSM, GMIL, DSM, FIL, GM, SS, SB, DT, DGF.....  By the time i get to the end of the post, I have no idea who did what to whom.

Yes! Especially iF the OP doesnt clarify on the first go round, or there are two people with the same relationship initials, dear sister and dear son were both possibilities in a recent thread.  Later conversation made it clear it all nuclear family, so son, but I wasn't 100% certain to start with.

Oh, I'm so glad to hear other people have this problem. Is it really that hard to type out "Mom," "Dad," "Sis," "Son," etc?

Also, why is everybody "dear?"
Yeah.  When posters are talking about how toxic their aunt is, why is she referred to as DA?  And while we're on that subject, instead of telling your story about A who said so-and-so to K, and then K told her sister B and their cousin C, PLEASE give them names!  I know that you don't want to use real names, so use another name for them.  Maybe one that begins with the first letter.  It's a lot easier to read about Anne and Kathy and Babs and Cory.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14288 on: December 31, 2013, 07:10:29 AM »
Especially as DS could either mean "Dear son" or "Dear sister".
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #14289 on: December 31, 2013, 08:38:19 AM »
Dear Panera (DP, lol):

Whoever it is in your store who is training employees to cap coffee drinks with the mouth opening RIGHT at the seam of the cup, tell them to knock it the fark off!! If I forget to check, then I end up with a wet chest. And it happens far too frequently to be a random alignment.

Sincerely,
The person who is going to fill out a Panera survey right this second.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Adelaide

« Reply #14290 on: December 31, 2013, 09:34:14 PM »
I hate when I ask a question and get a completely unrelated response, or a series of unnecessary, tangentially-related follow-up questions, or a person's opinion about whatever I'm doing instead of an answer. I tend to editorialize as well sometimes, but it's always after I answer the question being presented. So when I ask my mother if a sentence makes sense grammatically, I'm not looking for her opinion on how I should have finished my essay a week ago or questions on how long I have left to finish it.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #14291 on: January 01, 2014, 06:35:35 AM »
When someone  asks for help in dealing with a problem, or some hugs, and someone else responds "you shouldn't have done [whatever] in the first place".  That doesn't help, it's just shaming!

WishUponAStar

« Reply #14292 on: January 01, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
When your neighbor decides to be noisy...only on nights when you have to get up early the next day. When you can sleep in, she's as quiet as a mouse.  >:( I'm sitting here at 3 a.m. and not pleased but at least she quieted down that bass when I asked.

andi

« Reply #14293 on: January 01, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »
When someone  asks for help in dealing with a problem, or some hugs, and someone else responds "you shouldn't have done [whatever] in the first place".  That doesn't help, it's just shaming!

Have you been talking to my stepmom?  She does that all the time

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #14294 on: January 01, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »

Yes, and especially when what I'm asking for is hugs or a chance to vent a little. Even if it's problem-solving help, I'd want to say "I know I shouldn't have cut that wire, but I don't have a time machine, and the real world doesn't have an undo button. Do you know how to fix it, or should I keep looking?"
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.