Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1558526 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14475 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »
when I just can't quite seem to get it together. I had all day yesterday and got a lot done, but it was the small, piddly things I had trouble with. I felt very disorganized, and whenver I'd finish one thing, I'd remember 3 more that had to be done.  Nothing major, but stuff like wrapping chicken I'd bought a couple days before to freeze, and finding mailing labels for a package to send ot my mom for her birthday, and so on.  I get anxious and stressed when I ahve too much going on, and not enough time to get it all done. But I'm working on that.

KimberlyM

« Reply #14476 on: January 13, 2014, 01:17:03 PM »
My husbands refusal to double check things are closed/locked/put away etc.

I got up this morning and wandered to the kitchen for coffee and found the freezer door had been left open all night, because apparently my husband decided he needed a hamburger at 11pm and then he forgot to close the door!  Everything was melted and had to be tossed. 

Then the boss got here 3 hours early today.  He's always cranky when he has to come in early and yet people still keep scheduling stuff for the early morning for him.  The rest of the day will be a nightmare while he grumbles and snaps.

This is not a good start to the week!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14477 on: January 13, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »
Refraining from buying salty snacks at the grocery store, and opting for healthy snacks like fruit instead, *with some sweet snacks like chocolate* and then finding myself craving the salty stuff.  ::)

There is a little eatery across the street and I could run over there easily and grab a bag of chips while the munchkin naps so it's not an unsolvable issue just annoying.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14478 on: January 13, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
Refraining from buying salty snacks at the grocery store, and opting for healthy snacks like fruit instead, *with some sweet snacks like chocolate* and then finding myself craving the salty stuff.  ::)

There is a little eatery across the street and I could run over there easily and grab a bag of chips while the munchkin naps so it's not an unsolvable issue just annoying.

I have that too! What I found works for me, although I live alone, without 3 boys :) is buying the packs of chips like for lunches. I love Fritos, which are sooo very bad for you. But...one of the teeny bags has 6 WW points, so while a bit higher than other stuff, its not too bad, and I can curb my salty cravings. Maybe buy them and hide them somewhere, jsut for you?

alkira6

« Reply #14479 on: January 13, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
When we have 40 gagillion things that need to be done and my husband "helps" me with the task I'm doing instead of doing one of the other 40 gagillion -1 things that are waiting to be done. If I say this he just gets huffy and pulls the "you hurt my feelings and I was just trying to help" face.

Sorry, no.  I can handle cleaning the bathroom. Go wash dishes or mop or sweep or wash the big dog or vacuum or SOMETHING THAT"S NOT WHAT I'M ALREADY DOING.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14480 on: January 13, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
When we have 40 gagillion things that need to be done and my husband "helps" me with the task I'm doing instead of doing one of the other 40 gagillion -1 things that are waiting to be done. If I say this he just gets huffy and pulls the "you hurt my feelings and I was just trying to help" face.

Sorry, no.  I can handle cleaning the bathroom. Go wash dishes or mop or sweep or wash the big dog or vacuum or SOMETHING THAT"S NOT WHAT I'M ALREADY DOING.
You could always hand him the utensils that you were employing to do your task, and go on to the next thing on the list. Since he wants to help and all...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

alkira6

« Reply #14481 on: January 13, 2014, 02:26:30 PM »

You could always hand him the utensils that you were employing to do your task, and go on to the next thing on the list. Since he wants to help and all...

That's what I do and 15 minutes later he's "helping" with the new task. he chooses weird and/or inconvenient times to be clingy.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14482 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »

I see we are married to the same man  ::).  Bonus points if he begins any sentence with "Wouldn't it be easier if you did it THIS way?"

Carotte

« Reply #14483 on: January 13, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »
My SO and I don't see eye to eye about clothes drying methods.
It drives him up the wall when I hang as much as I can on hangers and hang those hangers wherever I can.
No, I admit, it's not the most "pretty" sight, or even easy to live with, since wherever I can only include the doorknobs of the built it closets in the bedroom, and the traction bar inside the bedroom/main room door frame.
But, and it's a big but, it cuts down on drying time by at least half, if not more. And since it's cold, that it's humid, and that we already have a humidity/mold problem, I like my clothes not to take two days to dry.
Plus that means I can fold up the wire drying rack sooner and not have it take it a good portion of the bedroom.
Urg, I'll welcome summer with open arms just for the drying time!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #14484 on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:42 AM »
I hate.  HATE.  HATE having to pick up the slack when my brother agrees to do something but comes down with an illness.  I acknowledge that I'm being very selfish here.  But I still hate it, because I've had to step in many times during 'the babysitting fiasco' when he was 'sick' (in actuality, he had stayed up all night and was too tiiiiiiiired), and I told him when he and I agreed to help out with our grandfather a couple days a week that I would NOT be going through that again, just because he can't keep himself to a daytime schedule.  I can't either, but I still do the things I said I'd do!

My day was yesterday.  My brother's day was supposed to be today, and I got drunk last night thinking that I had no plans for today.  Um, nope.  He's got a fever and is coughing like mad.  And I'm angry (unreasonably, I know!) because I have a hangover and I don't feel well, either! 

Gripe gripe, moan moan, grumble, complain...okay.  I think I'm done.  No need to tell me I'm selfish, I already know.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14485 on: January 14, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »
Flies!!!!!! They're buzzing all around me and despite the traps I set out (one with red wine vinegar, the other with some karo syrup and sugar which has claimed at least one curious fly) they're STILL landing on me and buzzing around my head. 

I'm not like Pigpen here, I'm clean, and the perfume I wore yesterday has faded so I just don't know what could be distracting them from the jars o' bait.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #14486 on: January 14, 2014, 08:08:45 AM »
Flies!!!!!! They're buzzing all around me and despite the traps I set out (one with red wine vinegar, the other with some karo syrup and sugar which has claimed at least one curious fly) they're STILL landing on me and buzzing around my head. 

I'm not like Pigpen here, I'm clean, and the perfume I wore yesterday has faded so I just don't know what could be distracting them from the jars o' bait.

The summer before last, we had a veritable biblical plague of flies.  Sadly, the only thing that worked for us is fly strips... they just look so tacky, y'know?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14487 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »

The summer before last, we had a veritable biblical plague of flies.  Sadly, the only thing that worked for us is fly strips... they just look so tacky, y'know?

Tell me about it! We had them up over the summer as well and someone did not place them high enough (my middle son, if memory serves) and my toddler walked into one, which meant giving him a bath.  He is fine with baths until his hair has to be washed and that's when the screams start so you can imagine how it was trying to get that stuff out of his hair. Blech.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14488 on: January 14, 2014, 09:19:24 AM »
Flies are very annoying.  The baby ones are cute for a little while with their pretty wings but they grow quickly.

Fly strips are extremely effective and you don't have to leave them up for long.

If they're still bothering you I have to ask if you are wearing any yellow clothing.  Flying insects -- including the ones that sting -- love yellow.  I learned this at a company picnic many years ago when I was wearing a yellow T-shirt that had a magazine logo on it.  Fortunately I had a white T-shirt in the gym bag I was carrying.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14489 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:51 AM »
If they're still bothering you I have to ask if you are wearing any yellow clothing.  Flying insects -- including the ones that sting -- love yellow.  I learned this at a company picnic many years ago when I was wearing a yellow T-shirt that had a magazine logo on it.  Fortunately I had a white T-shirt in the gym bag I was carrying.

It could also partly be due to body chemistry. For the same reasons that mosquitoes love feasting on some people but avoid others like the plague, insects are more attracted to certain people than others. I'm one of those people. I can never go anywhere in the summer without bugs deciding I must smell fun. :(
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!