Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1638438 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14640 on: January 27, 2014, 01:07:03 PM »
I recently switched from a pre-paid account for my and DS' cellular phones to a contract account. I received a discount because of my employer and have the ability to buy any phone they carry with no money down and interest free financing. DH has been talking for months about getting a new phone, as he currently carries one provided by his employer that doesn't have a data plan.

I told DH to look at the website and check reviews then we would go to the store so he could see the phones and pick one out.

Yesterday DH tells me that he checked and he doesn't really like any phones they carry (???) but he found X phone at Y place.  ::) I told him fine, then he buys that phone and I won't worry about it. They carry phones from all major manufacturers and have the newest and latest phones. He couldn't find one he liked?  :(

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #14641 on: January 29, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »
I have the opposite problem with the weather ones, in that I am almost always cold so I bundle up and don't like to sit outside in the cold and damp.  I am sick of people laughing at me and saying, "It's not cold!".

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #14642 on: January 29, 2014, 08:50:24 AM »
I have the opposite problem with the weather ones, in that I am almost always cold so I bundle up and don't like to sit outside in the cold and damp.  I am sick of people laughing at me and saying, "It's not cold!".

I feel you.  I hate hot weather... when it gets above 70 or so, I need A/C.  It infuriates me when people say "just open a window!"  That does NOT work when the humidity is high, you live in a very urban area (google "Heat Island'), and you have computers right next to you!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #14643 on: January 29, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »

I feel you.  I hate hot weather... when it gets above 70 or so, I need A/C.  It infuriates me when people say "just open a window!"  That does NOT work when the humidity is high, you live in a very urban area (google "Heat Island'), and you have computers right next to you!

Swap ya!

Generally I get comfortable at the point where everyone else is too hot :)

It does mean that I own a lot of beautiful sweaters, wraps, shawls, blankets etc.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14644 on: January 29, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »

Swap ya!

Generally I get comfortable at the point where everyone else is too hot :)

It does mean that I own a lot of beautiful sweaters, wraps, shawls, blankets etc.

I run hot and one of the girls at work runs cold.  We always joke that the office temperature must be perfect for everyone else if I'm hot and she's cold.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

andi

« Reply #14645 on: January 29, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »
My child's inability to just sit and get his homework done without getting up an down ten times, telling totally unrelated stories, asking 5 million unrelated questions, messing with the dog and dragging behind through the whole process

No, he does not have ADD or any other learning disability, he just hates homework.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #14646 on: January 29, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »
When comic series I'm following do multi-part crossovers with series I have no interest in following.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #14647 on: January 29, 2014, 10:12:45 PM »
When comic series I'm following do multi-part crossovers with series I have no interest in following.

But the Secret House of Civil Itself was awesome!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #14648 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:52 PM »
Back in November, I received word that the first phase of a long term project was finally complete. It had involved a group of people surveying documents and organization of a website and deciding what needs to stay, be updated, be deleted or moved. I am responsible for the next phase of the project, but I have had other tasks to accomplish.

I realized today that there are pages of updates to be done. I simply do not have time to update 100+ documents with the rest of my schedule.

I did get my boss to the same page as me and she will be sending them out for other staff to update. Phew!

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #14649 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:46 AM »
Getting angry at the drop of a hat/taking anything and everything personally due to PMS.  I can't wait to be sane again.

snoopygirl

• everybody loves an irish girl
« Reply #14650 on: January 30, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »
Getting angry at the drop of a hat/taking anything and everything personally due to PMS.  I can't wait to be sane again.

That's me right  now. Add my anxiety and I am super fun to be around. Today I got frustrated as my internet connection was not working the way I wanted it to. Yesterday it was trying to set up to two shows to record on the sky box. I was getting angry at the thing and my hubby told me to calm down. I seriously think telling a woman with PMS to calm down is the worst thing you can do.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14651 on: January 30, 2014, 10:09:37 AM »

You and me both! I am very sensitive to humidity, and if its particularly humid, and maybe raining, even in the 60's, I've been known to put the A/C on. Bonus points to those (my downstairs neighbor I'm looking at you) who tell me its "wasteful" to run myA/C 24/7.

Right. When you start paying my electric bill, YOU can then tell me what I can and can't do. And for the record, I turn it way down during the day (two thru-the-wall units) to keep the humidity down, adn back up again when I'm home. The last thing I want, after coming home from both my jobs at 10 pm is to have to wait 3 hours for it to cool down to my liking! And by doing that, my bill is never really al lthat much.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14652 on: January 30, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
My coffee mug.  I don't like my coffee boiling hot but I don't like it ice cold either. 

I love my 'Grumpy' mug but, after 20 minutes of the stuff being too hot to drink, it goes almost immediately to too cold.  I only have about a two minute window when the drink is a comfortable temperature. 

Shalamar

« Reply #14653 on: January 30, 2014, 11:26:46 AM »
The system we have at work for recording our timesheets.  It automatically logs you off after a fairly short period of inactivity, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.  I like to sign in at the start of the day, record any overtime from the night before, and then update it at the end of the day.  Nope!  Gotta sign in again!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14654 on: January 30, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
When you're on hold and every 30 seconds or so, the hold muzak stops and you think it's an actual human about to talk to you.  Only to hear "Your call is very important to us..."  >:(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~