Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1856982 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14655 on: January 30, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »
When you're on hold and every 30 seconds or so, the hold muzak stops and you think it's an actual human about to talk to you.  Only to hear "Your call is very important to us..."  >:(

I hate this too. Esp is I'm calling our catalog from the store, for a customer. During certain times, usually sales or promotions, the wait time can be long. And it doens't help that the customer sometimes fidgits, walks away, or comments as to what could they possibly be doing, and why on earth is it taking so very long for a human to come on???? 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #14656 on: January 30, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »
I had to call my state's DMV line because I had a question not addressed by their website FAQs.

I called, and heard the message saying they had a high call volume and to call back later. No other options.  >:(

BeagleMommy

« Reply #14657 on: January 30, 2014, 04:05:28 PM »
I have the opposite problem of the people who get criticized for wearing Crocs.  I love my heels.  Love them.  I'm very particular about the kind I will buy.

At least once a day I get "How can you wear those ALL DAY?!" or "Don't your feet hurt?" or "I bet your doctors don't like you wearing those".

First of all, my orthopaedic problems are with my shoulder not my feet.  Secondly, mind your own cotton picking business!  I'm not asking you to wear them.

Shalamar

« Reply #14658 on: January 30, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
I live in Canada, and I hate it when I get on hold and here "Thank you for calling Blah, (extremely long spiel in English), followed by the same very long spiel in French, and THEN followed by "For service in English, please press 1."  Couldn't they save the very long spiel until AFTER I've select English or French?

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14659 on: January 30, 2014, 04:54:11 PM »
When the online version of a restaurant's menu has no prices on it.  I can understand that for a national chain whose prices have regional variations, but there is no good reason for a single-location restaurant to not list their prices.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #14660 on: January 30, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
Ear infections.

My arthritis medications include fairly large doses of steroids, which reduce inflammation and pain. They also suppress my immune system, and I was already prone to get upper respiratory and ear infections, so I tend to have a minor sinus snuffle or cough going almost constantly. It's usually not too much of a bother since the 'reduced inflammation and pain' bit means I barely notice. Until I get an ear infection.

I still barely notice! Instead of "AUGH I AM BEING STABBED IN THE EAR WITH AN ICEPICK," I get "Huh. Slight twinge. Did I sleep on my ear funny? La la la..." Sounds good, right? Er, no. The icepick-in-the-ear used to be my signal to go to the doctor and get antibiotics. Now the first obvious sign of a bad ear infection is when I wake up with blood and gunk on my pillow because my eardrum ruptured in the night. :o

This is not a particularly good thing, as I'm sure you agree! I do not like it, and nor does my doctor, so I have standing orders to be paranoid about every little twinge and go in for a check if it's accompanied by swollen glands or a cough, etc. Usually I go in, he takes a look, yup here we go again, antibiotics. It's become almost routine, if annoying. This time? This time I went in about two weeks ago, saw a different doc because mine was away, and got "Hmm. No fever, mucus in your throat but no pus, and your eardrum is dull but not actually swollen... it looks like you have fluid in there but no actual bacterial infection... yet. Given your history, I totally agree with the way this is being managed, but taking antibiotics when you don't need to is Bad, so here's a prescription in case things develop. Don't fill it unless you get more symptoms." Since taking antibiotics unnecessarily is indeed Bad, I have spent the last week and a bit occasionally poking my ear, checking my glands on that side, staring down my own throat in the mirror, and otherwise analysing every twinge to see if I can work out if something is going on in there. My ear seemed to be settling down.

This morning? POP.

*mutter grumble razzin frazzin* At least I hadn't thrown away the prescription. *spit grumble swear*
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14661 on: January 30, 2014, 06:32:39 PM »
Getting angry at the drop of a hat/taking anything and everything personally due to PMS.  I can't wait to be sane again.

That's me right  now. Add my anxiety and I am super fun to be around. Today I got frustrated as my internet connection was not working the way I wanted it to. Yesterday it was trying to set up to two shows to record on the sky box. I was getting angry at the thing and my hubby told me to calm down. I seriously think telling a woman with PMS to calm down is the worst thing you can do.

Like baptizing a cat.

You know what drives me up the wall at times, but especially at that time? How easily manipulated my emotions can be.   Seriously, I could be perfectly happy but if someone even says "cry" I choke up.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #14662 on: January 30, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
When you box up restaurant leftovers that look like it'll be a whole 'nother meal...only to realize when you heat it up that it's like five bites.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #14663 on: January 31, 2014, 06:27:01 AM »
I called, and heard the message saying they had a high call volume and to call back later. No other options.  >:(

I get that when I call my doctor.  I was shrieking in pain from an infection in both ears and that was enough to make me cry.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #14664 on: January 31, 2014, 06:45:14 AM »
Tank tops with that built in shelf bra thing.  Completely useless if you are over an A-B cup.  Extra annoying is that when you are larger, it hits you mid boob so you have this big visible line straight across.  It's difficult to find a woman's tank top without one too <sigh>...I'm not sure that they are even made without the shelf bra garbage in them anymore.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #14665 on: January 31, 2014, 07:11:50 AM »
Tank tops with that built in shelf bra thing.  Completely useless if you are over an A-B cup.  Extra annoying is that when you are larger, it hits you mid boob so you have this big visible line straight across.  It's difficult to find a woman's tank top without one too <sigh>...I'm not sure that they are even made without the shelf bra garbage in them anymore.

If the elastic doesn't hit you mid boob, you pull it down and wind up with barely enough material to cover yourself.  I bought a seam ripper.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14666 on: January 31, 2014, 07:16:41 AM »

If the elastic doesn't hit you mid boob, you pull it down and wind up with barely enough material to cover yourself.  I bought a seam ripper.

How about garments pieced so that seams occur in places like that so that it looks like it was made by or for a child?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14667 on: January 31, 2014, 07:45:46 AM »

While I am a B cup, one thing I hate about some of those is that the shelf bra is really just there for the support.  It does nothing to hide any reactions to cold, if ya get my drift.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

diesel_darlin

« Reply #14668 on: January 31, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »
High beams!!!! *giggles* sorry. I couldnt help it.  :P

While we are discussing bras, I am a big girl. What I hate is the fact that its difficult to find bras for big girls in anything under a C cup. So when I get bras I could house a family of kittens in each cup.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14669 on: January 31, 2014, 08:10:35 AM »
I guess they assume that if a woman's bigger, her chest will be too. 

My bff and I are built differently, she's tall and strongly built whereas I'm petite and not really very curvy at all yet we wear the same size bra, which we both found quite funny when we discovered this.