Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1731894 times)

GreenHall

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14670 on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »
Tank tops with that built in shelf bra thing.  Completely useless if you are over an A-B cup.  Extra annoying is that when you are larger, it hits you mid boob so you have this big visible line straight across.  It's difficult to find a woman's tank top without one too <sigh>...I'm not sure that they are even made without the shelf bra garbage in them anymore.

If you are under an A cup, and have no reason to ever where a bra, they are annoying too.  I have no idea how they fit people who are blessed, but Old Navy ususally has some sort of cami/tank that does not have the shelf during the summer. 

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #14671 on: January 31, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
Tank tops with that built in shelf bra thing.  Completely useless if you are over an A-B cup.  Extra annoying is that when you are larger, it hits you mid boob so you have this big visible line straight across.  It's difficult to find a woman's tank top without one too <sigh>...I'm not sure that they are even made without the shelf bra garbage in them anymore.

If you are under an A cup, and have no reason to ever where a bra, they are annoying too.  I have no idea how they fit people who are blessed, but Old Navy ususally has some sort of cami/tank that does not have the shelf during the summer. 

If you are under an A cup: they fit better on backwards. *sigh* A joke I once heard but sadly it is at least true for me with one of them that I got for myself. Luckily it looks fine either way.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #14672 on: January 31, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
My sister is very thin... but has really broad shoulders and ribcage... and teeny 'girls'. She has immense trouble finding bras!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14673 on: January 31, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
Pacifiers, or more specifically my youngest and his.  He's now 2 months past his second birthday, almost 3 months past and DH and I were already talking about weaning him off them by only allowing him to have them when he's going down for a nap or at night time. 

Well then he started using them to teethe which meant they'd get torn up and we'd have to throw them away to avoid a choking hazard so we were down to 4 and will not be buying replacements. He's cut that number down even further by just randomly refusing certain ones for no apparent reason. 

For example, he'll go down for a nap with one and it will serve him just fine for the 1-1/2, 2 hours he's asleep.  Then he gets up and puts it down so he can get a drink or a bite to eat.  Once he's done he sometimes will ask "Want a bink? Where da bink go?" I hand him the bink he had during his nap and he might take it but then he pulls it out of his mouth and says "Ew, not dat one. Bink?" I will wash it but he still refuses it and sometimes he's even taken to throwing away the ones he doesn't want anymore.  So now we're down to two and last night he was extremely cranky and whiny and asking for a bink, crying and refusing the one he was perfectly fine with earlier that day.   ???

It would be much easier if it were just a matter of him deciding on his own that he was finished, like his brothers did. Actually they stopped wanting a pacifier as soon as they were weaned off bmilk so at 3 and 6 months respectively it just wasn't an issue.  The babe was never b-fed so it's a whole nother kettle o' fish this time.

Once he rejects the one he's using now that's it. He's done.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14674 on: January 31, 2014, 10:14:34 AM »

I hate this too. I don't wear them as clothing, but to sleep in. Old Navy used to have an awesome line of camis, not much to them, but NO shelf bra, and cheap. I bought them in multiples, thankfully, since you can't get them anymore, so I sitll have quite a few.  Alhtough I did see some online there, with no bra, so I might have to break down and order some online. I also found some at Kohls, again, for sleeping in.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #14675 on: January 31, 2014, 10:14:49 AM »
High beams!!!! *giggles* sorry. I couldnt help it.  :P

While we are discussing bras, I am a big girl. What I hate is the fact that its difficult to find bras for big girls in anything under a C cup. So when I get bras I could house a family of kittens in each cup.
I have the opposite problem.  I have a small band size and huge cup size. Most manufacturers seem to thing the smallest band size for my cup size is a 40 or larger,
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14676 on: January 31, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
Ah, yes, the dreaded quadriboobs.  I second the seam ripper.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

nuit93

« Reply #14677 on: January 31, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »

I thought they weren't designed for support but rather to provide extra, um, coverage should things get obvious on a chillier day?

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14678 on: January 31, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »

They're pretty useless for us women with pebbles instead of boulders, too. ;) The elastic tends to ride up and chafe the underboob, and yeah...you get a SERIOUS case of "high beams" if you don't have the flattest, well, beams in history! I've taken to wearing a strapless bra under any tanks like that, because I really don't want the world staring at my headlights...
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

stkatie00

« Reply #14679 on: January 31, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »

I hate this too. I don't wear them as clothing, but to sleep in. Old Navy used to have an awesome line of camis, not much to them, but NO shelf bra, and cheap. I bought them in multiples, thankfully, since you can't get them anymore, so I sitll have quite a few.  Alhtough I did see some online there, with no bra, so I might have to break down and order some online. I also found some at Kohls, again, for sleeping in.

Actually, last time I was in there they had several versions of tank tops with no shelf bra. Here's everything they have online, but I think at least 3 of the styles were in the store: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=72091#style=99087

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #14680 on: January 31, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »
Old Navy, H&M, and Target all sell tank tops with no built in bra

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #14681 on: January 31, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »

I'm convinced whoever designed this shelf "bra" not only does not have breasts, but has never even seen breasts! Seriously, this is not a bra for anyone who actually would need/use a bra!

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #14682 on: January 31, 2014, 05:34:02 PM »
I have the opposite problem.  I have a small band size and huge cup size. Most manufacturers seem to thing the smallest band size for my cup size is a 40 or larger,
[/quote]

I have the same problem! Also, when I manage to find a bra my size, it's all about minimizing and "full coverage". Look, I like my boobs. They're nice, I get along with them, I don't want to minimize them, people pay for this these things and I got 'em for free, I'm all about showing off a bargain! And those "full coverage" bras don't stay hidden under my v-necks, because yes, girls with big boobs do actually like showing them off a bit from time to time.

Meanwhile my small chested friends complain about however everything is super padded and push ups. Apparently if you have big ones, you want small ones, if you have small ones, you want big ones, and designers have decided no woman is happy with her body. Lovely of them to make that decision for us.

Carotte

« Reply #14683 on: January 31, 2014, 06:03:57 PM »
I have the same problem! Also, when I manage to find a bra my size, it's all about minimizing and "full coverage". Look, I like my boobs. They're nice, I get along with them, I don't want to minimize them, people pay for this these things and I got 'em for free, I'm all about showing off a bargain! And those "full coverage" bras don't stay hidden under my v-necks, because yes, girls with big boobs do actually like showing them off a bit from time to time.

Meanwhile my small chested friends complain about however everything is super padded and push ups. Apparently if you have big ones, you want small ones, if you have small ones, you want big ones, and designers have decided no woman is happy with her body. Lovely of them to make that decision for us.

Yep, the retailers seems to think that I should be ashamed of my A/B cup. There's a fairly nice brand that is not too expensive and ok quality that has a line called Glam, that line has 10 different bra models, only 2 are non padded. The rest is either "push-up" "double push-up", "magic up", "plonging magic up", "the maxi(mizer)", ...  :o (and I'm not making those name up)
And both the non-padded ones are made with lace, I don't know how they do for headlights (not a problem for me tho), and start with B cup  >:(.
I usualy go for non-padded but still a somewhat rigid cloth cup, not in this brand anymore.
And you usually either get very basic/ plain color ones, or the cutesy ones with Hello Kitty or Winnie the Poo  ::).
And they're adult bra, you can get a heavily padded hello kitty if that's what you want, but seldom a sexy/grown-up non-padded one.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #14684 on: January 31, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »

[/quote]

I prefer v-necks as they are the most flattering shape for, well, my shape.  I've told people this before and they always think I'm insane when I tell them this...I look absolutely obscene in  "modest tops". The more modest the cut, the more obscene my boobs look.  I look like some 1950's pin-up girl if you stick me in a turtleneck, high crew necked T-shirt, or high necked sweater.  It is rather opposite of what you would think.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah