Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1734573 times)

GlitterIsMyDrug

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14685 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
I prefer v-necks as they are the most flattering shape for, well, my shape.  I've told people this before and they always think I'm insane when I tell them this...I look absolutely obscene in  "modest tops". The more modest the cut, the more obscene my boobs look.  I look like some 1950's pin-up girl if you stick me in a turtleneck, high crew necked T-shirt, or high necked sweater.  It is rather opposite of what you would think.

I get the same thing. I've seen pictures of me in turtle necks (I really hate anything up around my neck so I've only worn a few), and it's quiet, BAM boobs! I mean, there's no hiding them anyways, but it's like if you try to hide them, they're going to rebel harder and really show up. Where as if you let them peek out just a bit, they're calmer and will behave normally.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #14686 on: January 31, 2014, 06:25:18 PM »
I usualy go for non-padded but still a somewhat rigid cloth cup, not in this brand anymore.
And you usually either get very basic/ plain color ones, or the cutesy ones with Hello Kitty or Winnie the Poo  ::).
And they're adult bra, you can get a heavily padded hello kitty if that's what you want, but seldom a sexy/grown-up non-padded one.

I like ones that are...molded is the word I think, so similar to what you're describing with minimal padding.

I think there's this "magic bra size", where you don't have to be amped up or strapped down. Where you don't have to pick between grandma bras (though my grandma doesn't own bras that look like that...) or Hello Kitty. And where you're size doesn't take an hour of flipping through flimsy hangers to find one version of. I've determined that size is about C cup and 34-38 band size. I say this, because that is where Partner falls and she just stares at me when I whine about my bra woes, because she can find stylish bras that fit that don't force her to amp up or strap down and aren't hidden in the very back of the rack at the very bottom (are they trying to hide them?). I love her, I do. But Ms. Magic Bra Size just doesn't get it. My grandma is the same size and also doesn't get on my bra makers are evil bandwagon. My mom is a larger band size, smaller cup size and happily hops aboard my bandwagon.

Snooks

« Reply #14687 on: January 31, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
Bra makers where I am are convinced no matter what size you are you need a padded bra. I'm not huge but I certainlyddon't need padding.  One of my bras is almost dead so I have to start the dreaded search for a replacement.

snowfire

« Reply #14688 on: January 31, 2014, 07:24:16 PM »
A former coworker one time came in raving about her new WonderBra.  It was so magnificent that every woman should wear one, no other bras ever needed to be sold.  It gave her clevage, etc.......

I looked from her 32A's to my 38D's and said: "If I wore one, I'd suffocate."  >:D

She had truly never considered that some of us have had a few extra whacks from the b00b fairy & don't want or need pushup, padded make the most of what you have bras.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #14689 on: January 31, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »
Victoria's Secret makes a nice full coverage bra that fits me well, and is in 40DD.  Unfortunately they just switched from back hooks to front...which alter it juuust enough to make it annoying.

They also make a very nice lace-trimmed cami that fits everywhere very nicely, and can be layered. I b ought like every color  ;)

CuriousParty

« Reply #14690 on: January 31, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »
Fellow small-band, large cup ladies, I sing unto you the gospel of Freya (also, Fantasie, Cleo by Panache, and Elomi, among others, but Freya was my first discovery and still is a favorite).  Before finding Freya at a local independent lingerie shop, I was entirely unconvinced that the center panel REALLY ever sat against your chest, that anyone made anything over a D cup in a non-minimizing style and/or a fabric that could be described in any way other than "utilitarian", and that I would ever join the ranks of "cute" bra wearers.  Freya altered my existence.  Yes,they are expensive, but once you know your correct size, and if you are not picky about being "on trend" you can find last season's styles for half off or more on a variety of websites, including eBay (new with tags, not used) and retailers like Nordstrom Rack.

Join me, my sisters, in the land of the properly supported, non-minimizing and non-exposed in v necks.  There is joy here.

Also, I recommend Old Navy for shelf-bra-less tanks and Lily Padz for "headlights"

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14691 on: January 31, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
I have always had a nice band and cup ratio, like 34b when in high school, 38b now, but hung low. Even my jr high 32a had too short straps. I am average height, like 5'5", so that shouldn't be a factor.

Sigh.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #14692 on: January 31, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
My Kingdom for a nice bra in my size with no wires.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #14693 on: January 31, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »
You may have to look a little to the left and go for maternity bras.
Because having underwires in your bra when feeding can cause damage to and block milk ducts, most maternity bras have no wires. There are a lot of manufacturers who are making gorgeous ones, too. HotMilk (I don't know if they sell outside of Australia or not) make some lovely maternity bras without wires and they fit great. I've stuck to maternity bras after having BabyDrifter and that's even though I wasn't able to breastfeed - they're just so comfy!
They also come in a LOT of sizes, because apparently maternity manufacturers recognise that even an A cup can feed a baby.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14694 on: January 31, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
Maybe I should look into maternity bras, too!  They'd probably have a little extra padding for the headlight issue, too.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #14695 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:19 AM »

I say to you, Bali.

They make some bras with wires, yes, but they also make wire-free bras in my size, which this year is apparently 38D. (For a while before that it was 40C.) At least some of the ones I bought recently come in sizes up to 42DD, based on what I saw flipping through the displays at the two stores near me that carry Bali.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #14696 on: February 01, 2014, 02:42:57 AM »
Hot flashes in the middle of the night to the point I can't sleep, three nights in a row.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

123sandy

« Reply #14697 on: February 01, 2014, 06:33:57 AM »
I loathe underwire bras! The wire dig into my armpits (painfully so) and I spend all day dragging at them. I'm not sure if this is a busty girl problem or a short girl problem.

And a personal...foible? I hate it if someone else reads the paper before me. They always leave the pages messed up and uneven, it does my head in.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14698 on: February 01, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »
http://www.geniebra.com/?gclid=CNTQnP3yqrwCFQHNOgodiVoAHg

Anyone ever try that one?  I'm curious.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #14699 on: February 01, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »
http://www.geniebra.com/?gclid=CNTQnP3yqrwCFQHNOgodiVoAHg

Anyone ever try that one?  I'm curious.

I'm wearing an Ah Bra right now.  They work great for sleeping in and lounging around the house.  I have to double them up to work out in or wear a regular bra with an Ah bra over it.  I actually prefer the specialty high impact zip front underwire sports bras for working out in, but they are extremely difficult for me to find.  I would NEVER wear the Ah Bra in public though.  There just isn't enough support for me, but I'm bigger than a DDD/F cup.

Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah