Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1787737 times)

Shalamar

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14925 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:44 AM »
I mostly love getting pedicures, but the part when they're getting rid of dead skin drives me up the wall.  My feet are very ticklish, and I usually have to clench the arms of the chair while gritting my teeth.  An esthetician once told me that a client actually kicked her in the face during that procedure!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #14926 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
I mostly love getting pedicures, but the part when they're getting rid of dead skin drives me up the wall.  My feet are very ticklish, and I usually have to clench the arms of the chair while gritting my teeth.  An esthetician once told me that a client actually kicked her in the face during that procedure!

There is video evidence of me squirming uncontrollably, laughing, biting my knuckle, trying not to kick the lady...the foot she is working on is still, but the rest of my body is doing enough kicking for it.  It's always quite amusing for everyone around me.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Copper Horsewoman

« Reply #14927 on: February 18, 2014, 12:19:35 PM »
Bluetooth etiquette. Just yesterday, a woman behind me in the grocery store line was chatting away with herself Ė oh no she wasnít, she had on a BT and was chatting with a friend. I have no idea why she would choose to look like an idiot, or disrupt those around her, Iím sure that conversation could have waited until she was in private. And if youíre at a social event, then take your BT off! I just think thatís so rude to do. It totally makes it look like the BT and whomever is connected with it is way more important than the social event and the people youíre with.

I wish I could drill this concept into my FIL's head...wore the stupid thing at our wedding reception.   ::)  I know it was a control freak move on his part, though.

The first bluetooth my DH used had a little blue blinking LED on it. It made me nuts, it looked like he turned into an android or some such. It wasn't worth a divorce except that he wore it on his right ear, and drove (USA, not GB) at night with me in the passenger seat and that dumb thing blinked in my peripheral vision all the time.  I told him to take it off, turn it off, or I would wrench it out and throw it out the window.  He thought I was over-reacting until he had to carpool with someone else who had one.....problem solved.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14928 on: February 18, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »
The birds outside my window; i'm workign from home today, since surprise, surprise, it snowed again! The sun is out now, and there is somethign in the gutter just above my dining room window, where I'm sitting, and the birds are flying back and forth, to and fro, casting shadows over my laptop. I feel kind of like Tippi Hedron in The Birds!

BeagleMommy

« Reply #14929 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »
The fact that DH thinks he needs to tell me the same thing a million times to make sure I remember.  I don't forget things (usually).  I make notes on calendars all the time.  For the past week it was:

Thursday:  Don't forget, DS is dropping my car off at the garage on Tuesday so you have to drive me to work.
Me:  Yes, I know.  You told me yesterday.
Friday:  Don't forget, DS is dropping my car off at the garage on Tuesday so you have to drive me to work.
Me:  Yes, I know.  This is the third time you've told me.
Him:  I just want to make sure you know.
Me:   ::)
Saturday:  You know you have to drive me to work on Tuesday because DH is taking my car to the garage.
Me:  Yes, I know! ::)
Sunday:  Did I tell you you need to drive me to work Tuesday?
Me:   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And he wonders why I get aggravated.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #14930 on: February 18, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
I was getting a pedicure next to a lady that is an EMT. She told me to arch my foot whenever they were doing the pumice and it wouldn't tickle so much.

blueyzca01

« Reply #14931 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »
I am INCREDIBLY ticklish and squirm around like this at the nail salon....and at the dentist!

It's the craziest thing, but when I'm getting my teeth polished at the end of the cleaning, my gums are ticklish.  All the dental techs know this and they think it's cute.  But sometimes it's kind f annoying.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

lilfox

« Reply #14932 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
I am INCREDIBLY ticklish and squirm around like this at the nail salon....and at the dentist!

It's the craziest thing, but when I'm getting my teeth polished at the end of the cleaning, my gums are ticklish.  All the dental techs know this and they think it's cute.  But sometimes it's kind f annoying.

Not too crazy!  When my top teeth are getting cleaned, my nose itches, every time. Something about the vibration I guess, and it's definitely annoying.

lilfox

« Reply #14933 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:30 PM »
Also last night was a reminder. While I appreciate being served a burger with the toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle) on the side, I hate that the pickle always ends up in contact with either the tomato or the bun or the fries. Everything is thus tainted by pickle juice, which I really don't like.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14934 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
Also last night was a reminder. While I appreciate being served a burger with the toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle) on the side, I hate that the pickle always ends up in contact with either the tomato or the bun or the fries. Everything is thus tainted by pickle juice, which I really don't like.

So your order should be, "Burger, no pickle." I have never been in a place that doesn't understand, "Cheese Burger, no onion." I have found if I  say "please" as part of the ordering, it confuses them  :P and I so hate to feel rude.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #14935 on: February 18, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »
Had occasion to shop at Target yesterday.  I have the beginnings of a cold and all that encompasses, so I was already in a not very good mood.  Fortunately, I still had my goo ehellion hat on or things would have gone badly for me.

I hate when parents ignore a child who is asking them a question.  And I hate even more that the child thinks if he or she keeps asking the question, Mom and Dad will give him a direct answer.

Somehow I got stuck beside or behind the same people no matter what aisle I was in or how far I went to get away from them.  (Obviously, I didn't go looking for Nyquil in the men's pajama section, but I was considering it

The parents were discussing whether they should eat home or go out and the child, who was clearly exhausted kept repeating "Mom, are we done yet?"   "Mom, are we done yet?"  I was SO glad when I got to the checkout line because I want6ed to scream at them "For Crying Out Loud, answer the baby!"  I understand that this might have been one of those situations where a child was being ignored for bad behavior or to teach him to wait, but really, twenty five minutes of "Mom, are we done yet?"  Had me and other shoppers ready to ring around these yabbos and scream at them.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #14936 on: February 18, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »

I don't know what it is about reality TV in Britain but people seem to wear their stupidity like a badge of honour. I've been watching Coach Trip the past two weeks and there's a couple of Northern girls who are driving me mad!

What's the capital of Germany? "G?"
Where's Brussels? "it's a city in France"
They mixed up Iceland and Sardinia.
And other things I can't remember right now.

They're as proud as punch of themselves too!
The problem is reality TV - it is equally idiotic across nations.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14937 on: February 18, 2014, 08:14:02 PM »
Had occasion to shop at Target yesterday.  I have the beginnings of a cold and all that encompasses, so I was already in a not very good mood.  Fortunately, I still had my goo ehellion hat on or things would have gone badly for me.

I hate when parents ignore a child who is asking them a question.  And I hate even more that the child thinks if he or she keeps asking the question, Mom and Dad will give him a direct answer.

Somehow I got stuck beside or behind the same people no matter what aisle I was in or how far I went to get away from them.  (Obviously, I didn't go looking for Nyquil in the men's pajama section, but I was considering it

The parents were discussing whether they should eat home or go out and the child, who was clearly exhausted kept repeating "Mom, are we done yet?"   "Mom, are we done yet?"  I was SO glad when I got to the checkout line because I want6ed to scream at them "For Crying Out Loud, answer the baby!"  I understand that this might have been one of those situations where a child was being ignored for bad behavior or to teach him to wait, but really, twenty five minutes of "Mom, are we done yet?"  Had me and other shoppers ready to ring around these yabbos and scream at them.

I had a shrieker following me around Target yesterday. I could not get rid of them...

Alli8098

« Reply #14938 on: February 18, 2014, 08:27:04 PM »
People come into the gas station where I work and either whisper, or talk really low. Then when I ask them to repeat themselves they speak really loud and really slow.

On the opposite side I have very very slight hearing issues, mostly I just can't hear certain volumes and tones.  Again it is very minor but I've hated it when I'm in an eating establishment that is a little loud and people talk without facing me or far away from me.  And sometimes I can see they get annoyed when I ask them to repeat themselves but I just cannot hear certain volumes in a noisy environment the same way someone like my DH can.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14939 on: February 18, 2014, 09:33:54 PM »

I had a shrieker following me around Target yesterday. I could not get rid of them...

Experienced a shrieker in Walmart once. I will say I do have sympathy to a degree. If it were one parent who looked like they were trying to get things done and out quickly I'd figure they just had to get things done then and there wasn't much choice in the matter.

But no this was a couple with what appeared to be a 3-4 year old girl shrieking and screaming while they debated over something in the sports aisle.  Perhaps it was something needed right then but there were two of them, why couldn't one take the child out for a few moments?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata