Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1566486 times)

BarensMom

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15120 on: February 27, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
When I confide in someone, making it clear that it is to be kept confidential, between us, not to be shared, and then find out that the person betrayed my confidence, not only to hurt me, but also an uninvolved third party.

I'm past being up the wall, I'm sitting on top pounding my chest and swatting planes.   >:(

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15121 on: February 27, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »
The right button on the mouse has quit working!  Talk about a first-world annoyance -- I'm having to use the keyboard instead of right-clicking for copy and paste!  :'(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15122 on: February 27, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
Myself, when I forget I stuffed an empty pizza box into the oven temporarily until I could take it to the dumpster.  Bonus points if some syrup containers and plastic cutlery from McDonald's found their way in there, too.  Burning cardboard stinks and smokes, and melted plastic is hard to clean up.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15123 on: February 27, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
One of the "You're lucky you're so darned cute" toddler things.  My two year old has reached the age of clinging to ankles. And he's about 35lbs. It's sometimes cute and funny but really makes it hard to get things done, too.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #15124 on: February 28, 2014, 12:10:47 AM »
Address problems.
1. Businesses that don't have a street number displayed, or have it so small/inconspicuous that you can't read it from the road
2. Businesses that don't have their actual name on the building or somewhere nearby
3. Businesses that have an address of 123 Main Street, but the (unmarked) entrance is actually around the corner on Broadway.  OK, this one is probably out of the control of most businesses, they don't get to establish their own address, but it would be helpful to have a sign that says, 'Harry's House o' Bacon' with an arrow.

I spent 20 minutes tonight trying to find DS's workplace so I could pick him up.  I had the street address, I had a navigator app that got me to the correct business park, and i had been there that afternoon.  None of that helped me find his building after dark in a large business park that had no street lights, no numbers on the buildings, and no signs on the buildings.  I finally had to park in a parking lot and flash my headlights so he could walk over to the car.  I hate being lost anyway, but if I can see I can try to get my bearings.  But it was just black, with big black buildings, and I couldn't even read the street signs because there are no street lights in the park.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tea Drinker

« Reply #15125 on: February 28, 2014, 12:15:59 AM »
When I confide in someone, making it clear that it is to be kept confidential, between us, not to be shared, and then find out that the person betrayed my confidence, not only to hurt me, but also an uninvolved third party.

I'm past being up the wall, I'm sitting on top pounding my chest and swatting planes.   >:(

I wouldn't call that a little thing. There are some confidences that if they were accidentally let slip I would call minor--but that's stuff like what I'm getting someone for his birthday. Not deliberately sharing something confidential in a way that would hurt you and another person.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15126 on: February 28, 2014, 08:15:20 AM »
Winter. Snow.  Bundling up.  Static-y hair.  Realizing how few shirts I have that are warm and long sleeved. 

Last weekend we had a day that was almost 60 degrees and I wore short sleeves. I was a bit chilly yes, but oh man I was desperate, too!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BarensMom

« Reply #15127 on: February 28, 2014, 09:05:15 AM »

I wouldn't call that a little thing. There are some confidences that if they were accidentally let slip I would call minor--but that's stuff like what I'm getting someone for his birthday. Not deliberately sharing something confidential in a way that would hurt you and another person.

To this particular person, it'll be "just a little thing, aren't you over that by now?"  To me, it's a deal breaker.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15128 on: February 28, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
I love candles; scented, unscented, I always have seasonal candles on display. What bugs me is how difficult it is to find tapers. Even candle stores, like Yankee, often have none, or if they do they have very few and nothing neutral like ivory. I always seem to have to resort to ordering them online. First-world problem, yes, but annoying nonetheless.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15129 on: February 28, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
Then librarian scolded me for using the book drop

I used to take the same fitness class as an employee of the local library, and oh my, the complaints she had about people using the book drop.  "People use it even when the library is open!  It's such a pain!"  I sympathize, really - the books end up all over the floor instead of nicely stacked on a desk, but the book drop is there to be used, right?

In our case, the library was already closed, so he couldn't have returned them at the desk.  And yes, I always thought they existed for the convenience of those who were unable to go wait in line.

It also depends on the library. I worked in one for a few months and the staff definitely preferred people to use the book drop even if they were open. The reason was that the circ desk was really cramped, and especially during busy periods, could get jam-packed with books really quickly as the staff frantically tried to make headway against the rising tide of books while also checking items out as patrons got ready to leave. In the book drop, the returned books stayed out of the way until the employees had a free moment to check them in.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #15130 on: February 28, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
I love candles; scented, unscented, I always have seasonal candles on display. What bugs me is how difficult it is to find tapers. Even candle stores, like Yankee, often have none, or if they do they have very few and nothing neutral like ivory. I always seem to have to resort to ordering them online. First-world problem, yes, but annoying nonetheless.

The dollar stores in my area always have a ton! Pretty much plain white, unscented, but they are there!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15131 on: February 28, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
Craft stores carry tapers in all colors and that is where I get mine.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #15132 on: February 28, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »
When an important website -- like EHell -- is down for the count.

Meetup's site has been offline for a day and was having issues two days ago.  I have an event this afternoon that I'm hosting and one tonight that I can't attend because of the cold.  And one tomorrow that I have no idea if there is an update on.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15133 on: February 28, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »
When an important website -- like EHell -- is down for the count.

Meetup's site has been offline for a day and was having issues two days ago.  I have an event this afternoon that I'm hosting and one tonight that I can't attend because of the cold.  And one tomorrow that I have no idea if there is an update on.

Yes!  I have several administrative tasks I need to do on Meetup and they are up and down today.  Stupid DDoS attacks

andi

« Reply #15134 on: February 28, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »
Why must someone in the family get deathly ill before every trip we take?  Frustrating!!