Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1559426 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15195 on: March 06, 2014, 02:28:30 PM »
When the higher ups at work make comments, when they have NO clue how things work. I know I shouldn't let it get ot me, but I can't help it sometimes.  I had several today; one from my bosses' boss,  asking me where something was (took longer today since my boss was out, and the amount of material was greater than normal)

and a second from the VP lady, who sent something to my director, who then forwarded it to me, wondering why it wasn't on the daily pub. Because these things aren't posted until after the pub is done, for the current day, and as no one had given me a head's up, I dind't know to look for it. VP lady's comment, to my director, which I saw was "shouldn't this have been picked up?" again, if I had known, yes, but if I don't, the NORMAL process is to gather the remainder of the prior day first thing, and put the current day on the next days' pub.

Grrrr.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #15196 on: March 06, 2014, 09:19:12 PM »
Having to turn off a house hunting show because the buyers wanted to be The Funniest People Ever. Seriously, shut up for five seconds and let the agent talk.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15197 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:16 PM »
People driving, at night, with zero lights. I saw three in 10 minutes!

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #15198 on: March 06, 2014, 11:52:37 PM »
Obsessing over something I can't change.

I was rude to a gas station clerk two weeks ago.  I went back in, after pumping my gas, to apologize.  I apologized, acknowledging that I was in the wrong, and she seemed like she accepted it.  I am still obsessing over it and the fact that I don't think apologizing was enough.  The obsessing is driving me crazy.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #15199 on: March 07, 2014, 01:37:24 AM »

I was rude to a gas station clerk two weeks ago.  I went back in, after pumping my gas, to apologize.  I apologized, acknowledging that I was in the wrong, and she seemed like she accepted it.  I am still obsessing over it and the fact that I don't think apologizing was enough.  The obsessing is driving me crazy.

Stop obsessing. We're bomb-proof. Trust me, she's already forgotten and moved on.

Chalk it up to one of those things.
Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #15200 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »

Stop obsessing. We're bomb-proof. Trust me, she's already forgotten and moved on.

Chalk it up to one of those things.

If anything, she probably remembers you fondly for actually apologising. :)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #15201 on: March 07, 2014, 04:04:20 AM »
The Daily Express front page news.

It is usually:

The weather*
Missing girl Madalaine McCann**
Princess Diana***

* The weather - for the past four months we've been warned of horrific storms bringing rain, hailstones the size of footballs and snow.  We've had pictures of 20ft high waves (exaggeration) and more warnings of worse to come.  And now this week we're being "warned" that "SOME parts of the UK may experience 20 degree weather". So? It's 20 degrees not 30.  yes, it's considerably warm for the time of year but that still does not warrant sensationalist headlines.

**In no way am I downplaying whatever has happened to this poor little girl.  But really, two or three times weekly to basically relay the same story with few new facts? What is the point?!

***She's dead.  Leave her alone.

Points taken; but in comparison with the sheer nastiness of a couple of this journal's British-daily competitors, I tend to find rather soothing, the very inanity of the things that the "Express" tends to obsess about.

There comes to mind, in a kind-of-related way, a feature a long time ago in the British comical magazine Punch, titled "a newspaper for newspaper addicts" -- basically a mock-up of the front page of a tabloid newspaper which was fixated on itself and its own doings, rather at the expense of actual news.  The front page was all about the paper's triumph with its highest-ever sales figure for a day, plus assorted oddments all about the paper itself.  In a small box at the bottom of the page, was "Other News" -- in brief "bytes", as follows.  "World War III has broken out between the two superpowers."  "The Queen of England has abdicated in favour of the Stuart claimant to the throne."  And something else pretty earth-shaking, which I forget.  And, "[the -- for that time -- British equivalent of Justin Bieber] is to marry."

To be fair, I don't read newspapers.  Ever.  I haven't bought a newspaper for years! I simply walk past and see the front page and think "Oh they're at it again!"  ;D

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #15202 on: March 07, 2014, 06:48:19 AM »

As a gas station clerk, I'd just like to thank you for apologizing.  :)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15203 on: March 07, 2014, 06:56:34 AM »
When I'm running errands and the little guy nods off enough that he'll be asleep or sleepy until his backside hits the mattress.  Then his eyes open and it takes forever to get him to go back to sleep.   And he's only been asleep for maybe 5-10 minutes at the most, so couldn't have gotten as much rest as he needed.

He did that yesterday and it truly drove me up the wall.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15204 on: March 07, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
Having to turn off a house hunting show because the buyers wanted to be The Funniest People Ever. Seriously, shut up for five seconds and let the agent talk.

I started watching an HGTV house-hunting show last night. The husband thought it was funny to make cutting, sarcastic comments to the realtor. After 5 minutes of that, I changed the channel.  :P

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15205 on: March 07, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »
Same reason I don't watch Restaurant Takeover. I tried. Didn't make it through one episode. Especially when the "designer" destroyed a historic artwork that was beautiful and fit with the new concept.

Also, instead of making things for low budget, they beg and plead vendors to cut their prices. No.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #15206 on: March 07, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »
When someone brings every single conversation around to their children/grandchildren . I know people are proud, and that's great, but even work conversations get turned around!

Alli8098

« Reply #15207 on: March 07, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »
When potential employers promise they will call within a certain period of time after a phone interview and they don't.  I know people get busy but even just calling to give a rejection would be fine.  Good thing I don't hinge all my hopes on one job I've applied for.  :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15208 on: March 07, 2014, 01:52:29 PM »

I hear you!  I had a fabulous foot in mouth moment this morning that I hope I can laugh at later.

I was skiing this morning and ended up seeing my boss on the hill, with his daughter and a male friend of hers.  I thought he was her boyfriend.  Then, coming up the lift, boss saw his other daughter and went over to talk to her.  We headed down the hill.  Boss passed me then another boarder passed me and cut right in front of me, which resulted in spraying me right in the face.  He couldn't have given me more of a face wash if he'd pushed me face first into a snow bank.  So when I got to the bottom of the hill, I skied over to him and chewed him out.  He did apologize but I was pretty steamed.  Then my boss says, 'Outdoor Girl, this is [daughter]'s boyfriend, [name].'  And since I was confused about the other guy, I wasn't very gracious at that point.

He was laughing and he completely understands me being ticked off but oh, how embarrassing.  I departed from their group at that point and went back to skiing on my own.

Hopefully, we'll all be laughing at the office on Monday.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15209 on: March 07, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »
Trying to break a bad habit.  I don't bite my nails but I've had the bad habit of picking at them for...well at least since I was a teenager, maybe earlier.  I've taken to filing and buffing them to keep them nice, partly so that I won't want to pick at them, but also because so long as I don't feel rough edges and they're nice and short and rounded, I won't be tempted to pick.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata