News:

• February 22, 2018, 09:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5020087 times)

Seven Ate Nine

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15300 on: March 18, 2014, 08:23:23 AM »
I have a near irrational hatred for baby toys that don't have off switches.  Especially because they tend to "time out" after 3 - 5 minutes and say stuff like "Let's play again soon" which tends to scare the crap out of me.

Also, one of LO's toys sings a little song (to the tune of the Barney "I love you" song) that goes:

Circle, Triangle, Diamond, Square
They all make a happy pair...

And while I know that it's written that way for the rhyme, I want to scream at it "No they don't, they never will!  That's not how pairs work!" 

nayberry

« Reply #15301 on: March 18, 2014, 08:37:54 AM »
I have a near irrational hatred for baby toys that don't have off switches.  Especially because they tend to "time out" after 3 - 5 minutes and say stuff like "Let's play again soon" which tends to scare the crap out of me.

Also, one of LO's toys sings a little song (to the tune of the Barney "I love you" song) that goes:

Circle, Triangle, Diamond, Square
They all make a happy pair...

And while I know that it's written that way for the rhyme, I want to scream at it "No they don't, they never will!  That's not how pairs work!"

oh childrens toys,  a friend of mines toddler loved a character from a tv show, so for her 2nd birthday she got a few different versions of it.  she loved the one we got her but buddy got one that danced and the second this toy started moving toddler was screaming and running for mummy or daddy.  mummy performed a "battery-ectomy" and all was well again.

baby berry arrived june 2016

Mental Magpie

« Reply #15302 on: March 18, 2014, 03:42:17 PM »
Hearing about how my FMIL was passive aggressive towards Six way after the fact.  There's nothing I can do about it and I don't know how to explain why grandma was angry at her.  I don't know why it has been happening more lately, but the frequency sure is driving me up the wall.

Luci

« Reply #15303 on: March 18, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
Hearing about how my FMIL was passive aggressive towards Six way after the fact.  There's nothing I can do about it and I don't know how to explain why grandma was angry at her.  I don't know why it has been happening more lately, but the frequency sure is driving me up the wall.

? Is there some vocabulary I am missing? Or a past post (I went back 3 pages to look)? A story I should remember? What is "Six way"?

Hillia

« Reply #15304 on: March 18, 2014, 05:21:35 PM »

? Is there some vocabulary I am missing? Or a past post (I went back 3 pages to look)? A story I should remember? What is "Six way"?

I believe Six is a six year old child.  FMIL was PA to a child referred to as Six, way after the fact.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #15305 on: March 18, 2014, 05:22:19 PM »
Yes, Six is the name of Mental Magpie's fiance's daughter.

Vita brevis, ars longa

Arila

« Reply #15306 on: March 18, 2014, 06:18:17 PM »

My husband is playing a dungeon keeper game (you design a dungeon a-la-dungeons and dragons, and other players send heros to raid your treasure). It has  push notifications, so he had his phone on the charger on the nightstand, and then in the middle of the night, this deep, creepy voice announces "Upgrade Complete." and then "Your imps require your attention."  I tend to be a bit forceful when unnecessarily awoken/startled from slumber...I told him THAT was never to happen again. He agreed. Heh.

kherbert05

• Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15307 on: March 18, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
A new neighbor filing complaints with the HOA about
1. My dogs barking day and night
2. My dogs running free in the neighborhood.

Because
1. It isn't Andi and Abby barking all day without end. That is Popcorn my backdoor neighbor's dog.
2. It isn't Abby running around the neighborhood. It is another sheltie with similar markings.

Thankfully the HOA president lives next to me and knows this. (He once brought Abby the clone home and was shocked when I answered the door with Abby the original right there.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

guihong

« Reply #15308 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:04 PM »
Using the wrong word.  I just read a sentence like this: "He was murdered in a grizzly manner".  Grizzly refers to a kind of bear.  The word the author wanted was grisly.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #15309 on: March 18, 2014, 08:50:48 PM »

I believe Six is a six year old child.  FMIL was PA to a child referred to as Six, way after the fact.

Yes, Six is a six year old. I should reword because of a misplaced modifier. I didn't find out about the PA comment until way after the fact, so I couldn't do anything about it when it happened.

Luci

« Reply #15310 on: March 18, 2014, 09:15:12 PM »

Yes, Six is a six year old. I should reword because of a misplaced modifier. I didn't find out about the PA comment until way after the fact, so I couldn't do anything about it when it happened.

Thanks. I still didn't get it after "Six" was explained because I didn't think of "way" as meaning "long". Just me and my experiences. I'm so glad I asked! I really sympathize with your trying to heal wounds that you didn't know about and don't have information about. Sad.

TinyVulgarUnicorn

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #15311 on: March 18, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
My DH....missplaces EVERYTHING!  I put my stuff in very specific spots each time I set them down so that I don't forget where I put them.

He takes my keys out of my purse and doesn't put them back.  Today I spent ten minutes looking for my keys because he took them out of my purse last night and placed them on the couch when he was done.  They fell in between some pillows so I couldn't find them.

He lose's everything...his car keys, his pants, his watch, etc. and it's usually my fault that he can't find them.   ::)

Dandelion

« Reply #15312 on: March 19, 2014, 12:36:31 AM »
Using the wrong word.  I just read a sentence like this: "He was murdered in a grizzly manner".  Grizzly refers to a kind of bear.  The word the author wanted was grisly.

Well, it *is* possible to be killed in a grizzly manner. So long as the person referred to was ripped apart, partially eaten, and strewn around a clearing in the woods.

...that might make a good mystery, in fact.

Alli8098

« Reply #15313 on: March 19, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
My DH....missplaces EVERYTHING!  I put my stuff in very specific spots each time I set them down so that I don't forget where I put them.

He takes my keys out of my purse and doesn't put them back.  Today I spent ten minutes looking for my keys because he took them out of my purse last night and placed them on the couch when he was done.  They fell in between some pillows so I couldn't find them.

He lose's everything...his car keys, his pants, his watch, etc. and it's usually my fault that he can't find them.   ::)

I have very specific places for keys, hats, and other things for everybody to use.  DH every day is losing something because he doesn't take advantage of what I've set up.  It drives me crazy especially when I have to then help him locate the lost item so he can get to work.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15314 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:48 PM »
itunes. they keep changing it, "upgrading" and while I admit I haven't been it in recently, it really shouldn't take me as long as it did to FIND all my music, FINE my playlists, create a new one, and burn to a CD. It just shouldn't. Its way too complicated for me. And I am very computer literate. Grrrr. Why can't they just leave it alone, and keep it simple?

I don't like that I can't remove music/videos loaded onto my iPad via the computer any other way than...via the computer. Our computer died three weeks ago, and while we have another one on order, it'd be nice to clear up some space on the iPad now.