Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1697223 times)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15360 on: March 21, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
Products designed to be used in the bath or shower which cannot be opened with wet hands.

I've had that problem with the tops to the little tubes/pouches of conditioner that come with hair coloring kits.

That's exactly what prompted me to write the post!

I'm glad i read this; i'm thinking about dyeing my hair tonight. There are four - count 'em, four! - boxes of hair color sitting on my shelf staring at me. A friend was supposed to come over and help, but she flaked. As usual.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15361 on: March 21, 2014, 08:10:56 PM »
This is just my experience, but when I've had friends help me dye my hair, the results turned out far worse than when I did it myself.  The first time I ever used a kit to color, I ended up with just patches of the new color.  Now this woman had done her own and it looked good so I'd thought she'd know what she was doing.

To be honest, since she had a thing for DH (then my bf) I suspect sabatoge.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

« Reply #15362 on: March 22, 2014, 10:05:04 PM »
When I see a Girl Scout cookie booth in front of a store and the adults are doing all the work. It's usually something like this: The kids are leaning against the building, looking bored. Or they're running around playing. Usually not wearing any pieces of the GS uniform, not even a sash. And it's mom or dad going "Hi, would you like to buy some GS cookies ?" Why yes, I would love to help 40 year old you earn a cookie selling badge, learn about confidence and hard work, etc  ::)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #15363 on: March 23, 2014, 03:55:18 AM »
When I see a Girl Scout cookie booth in front of a store and the adults are doing all the work. It's usually something like this: The kids are leaning against the building, looking bored. Or they're running around playing. Usually not wearing any pieces of the GS uniform, not even a sash. And it's mom or dad going "Hi, would you like to buy some GS cookies ?" Why yes, I would love to help 40 year old you earn a cookie selling badge, learn about confidence and hard work, etc  ::)

I remember selling GS cookies! It was a blast. We got to go stand in front of a store, and ask passing people if they wanted to buy a box of cookies. We were taught how to handle money, how to greet people properly, and our pleases and thank yous were reinforced. We also learned what teamwork meant, as the entire troop of seven girls worked together. And we all felt incredibly proud of ourselves afterwards, because we'd done it ourselves, with minimal help from the grown ups. Its a shame these girls will miss out on all that.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15364 on: March 23, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »
Ran into that yesterday as a matter of fact.  I was headed into Joanne Fabrics and there was a table set up there with the two adults sitting on the chairs and a few girls sitting on the floor in front of the table playing with each other's hair.  They were wearing their sashes but it was the adults doing the work.

When I was a scout, we had to be the ones asking, and were expected to do the work while the adults were there mostly for supervision and safety.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15365 on: March 23, 2014, 08:48:49 AM »
Ran into that yesterday as a matter of fact.  I was headed into Joanne Fabrics and there was a table set up there with the two adults sitting on the chairs and a few girls sitting on the floor in front of the table playing with each other's hair.  They were wearing their sashes but it was the adults doing the work.

When I was a scout, we had to be the ones asking, and were expected to do the work while the adults were there mostly for supervision and safety.
Never see the boy or girl scouts playing. In my area the parents sit back and let the kids handle it. The only time they have jumped in was when I gave a donation instead of buying popcorn. I don't do microwave popcorn - tastes like cleaning chemicals to me. The other stuff they have all has peanuts or may contain traces warnings. The kids were maybe K - 2nd and couldn't understand why they weren't giving me something back.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Adelaide

« Reply #15366 on: March 23, 2014, 11:15:23 AM »
I've always been confused by the "split the bill" thing and it seems to be a controversial topic around here. When I go out I usually eat and drink less than most people and it's rare for me to order alcohol or even a beverage besides water. I'm not going to pay extra money just because you don't want to ask the waiter/ess to separate the checks, which takes all of a couple of minutes. I guess I'm lucky that most of my friends are the same way.

audhs

« Reply #15367 on: March 23, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »

That would annoy me too.  My girls are in brownies right now, last weekend we sold cookies door to door.  The only thing I help with is making change.  It's kind of sad when parents do all the work and don't let the kids help (or make them help).  Selling cookies really brought my oldest out of herself and gave her confidence, we found out she has a real flair for door to door sales. ;)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15368 on: March 23, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »
I've always been confused by the "split the bill" thing and it seems to be a controversial topic around here. When I go out I usually eat and drink less than most people and it's rare for me to order alcohol or even a beverage besides water. I'm not going to pay extra money just because you don't want to ask the waiter/ess to separate the checks, which takes all of a couple of minutes. I guess I'm lucky that most of my friends are the same way.

Where I am, most places won't do separate checks. It's just the way things are done. They will, however, run multiple cards to pay one bill. So what normally happens is we either split the bill, if it's close, or figure who owes what, and pay accordingly. I guess it just deoends on how you do things in your group. But my friends and I have never had issues.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15369 on: March 23, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »
Going through ones closet, like I'm doing today, and finding things that used to fit, that now are too large. I know, minor problem, but frustrating. Esp if it's something you hardly wore! I did however, find some formerly too small items that now fit. But Goodwill is getting a bonanza thus week!!!!!

Adelaide

« Reply #15370 on: March 23, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »

Where I am, most places won't do separate checks. It's just the way things are done. They will, however, run multiple cards to pay one bill. So what normally happens is we either split the bill, if it's close, or figure who owes what, and pay accordingly. I guess it just deoends on how you do things in your group. But my friends and I have never had issues.

I didn't realize there were places that would actually refuse to split the bill, it makes more sense why this could be an issue now. Thanks for telling me, I've never been anywhere like that.

menley

« Reply #15371 on: March 23, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »

I didn't realize there were places that would actually refuse to split the bill, it makes more sense why this could be an issue now. Thanks for telling me, I've never been anywhere like that.

I've been a lot of places that claim they can't separate checks. It's more a problem in the US (where nearly all of my friends only use credit cards and never carry cash - so it ends up with one person saying, okay, if they can't split the bill, I'll put it on my card and you can pay me back another time) versus now that I'm in Hungary (where it's well known that many/most establishments don't take cards and you must always carry cash).

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15372 on: March 23, 2014, 03:09:06 PM »

It's funny, my mom lives in another state, and separate checks are the norm, if you ask, rather than the exception. Same with other ares I've traveled to. I'm in the NY/NJ metro area and it's definitely the opposite; one check per group or table

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #15373 on: March 23, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
I was brushing my teeth this morning, and my brother came to the doorway, probably to say something, but just stared at me instead.  I looked up, in mid-brush, and he said, "Whoa...look how much water you're using.  You should turn that off."

And then it was on.  I've told him before about policing my actions and trying to tell me how I should do something (He calls it 'helping'), and he just doesn't get it.  It was too early in the morning for that.  Plus, we have a well!  And the water from the sinks gets shunted to a small gully in the back yard.  It goes back into the bleeping water table, leave me alone!

Did I mention I'm not a morning person?

andi

« Reply #15374 on: March 23, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »
My neighbors who insist in parking in front of my house instead of thiers.  There is pleanty of room for 2-3 small to medium cars in front of each house, pulse we all have driveways in the back. So why foes my neighbor and all her company park directly in front of my house instead of hers - not even near the line??  And no inter car is there?

Drives me batty because I'm always careful not to park near either neighbor's house and stay in front of mine.