Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1791364 times)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15420 on: March 25, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
My friend and I were just chatting this morning about little mannerisms we have that annoy others.  Years ago when I went to visit her, we (meaning she, her sister and a mutual friend of theirs) went to see Public Enemies when I was visiting.  I have ADD and while it's not the hyperactive kind, I do have a tendency to fidget and need to do something with my hands, and so friend placed herself between myself and her sister.   

Her sister's a nice person but she said my fidgeting would drive her sister nuts, though it didn't bother friend much.  Then she admitted that her sister's knee shaking and constant rustling of the popcorn bag would make her nuts and distract her from the movie which was not acceptable when it was our dear Johnny's face up there. ;)

Per the bolded: that was one thing that my X-DH did that drove me crazy. He would take forever to get the popcorn out of the bag (how difficult can it be?!), so there would be a rustle, rustle, rustle, rustle of the bag, then he managed to eat it loudly. It was really embarrassing (people looked at him funny) and annoying.  :P

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15421 on: March 25, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »
I walked into the bathroom (6 stalls, all female) and noticed a woman coming out of the stall with her cell phone in her hand, texting. She then washed her hands, then picked it back up and left.

Cross contamination all the way.

I was in a public bathroom last month and there was a girl in there using Snapchat. What the...  ???
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

magicdomino

« Reply #15422 on: March 25, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
The plants that I ordered in January have arrived.  The problem is that these are elephant ears and a canna, the general instructions say "Plant as soon as possible," the specific instructions say to plant after the frost date (Makes sense; these are fairly tropical plants), and the frost date in this area is April 15th.  Plus, their bed is infested with mint and bermuda grass.  Thanks to a cold, snowy winter, I've barely started on it. 

The hardy hellebores and monkshood that will be going into a bed that's ready to go?  They aren't shipping until mid-April.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15423 on: March 25, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
My friend and I were just chatting this morning about little mannerisms we have that annoy others.  Years ago when I went to visit her, we (meaning she, her sister and a mutual friend of theirs) went to see Public Enemies when I was visiting.  I have ADD and while it's not the hyperactive kind, I do have a tendency to fidget and need to do something with my hands, and so friend placed herself between myself and her sister.   

Her sister's a nice person but she said my fidgeting would drive her sister nuts, though it didn't bother friend much.  Then she admitted that her sister's knee shaking and constant rustling of the popcorn bag would make her nuts and distract her from the movie which was not acceptable when it was our dear Johnny's face up there. ;)

I much prefer the buckets, quieter.

Per the bolded: that was one thing that my X-DH did that drove me crazy. He would take forever to get the popcorn out of the bag (how difficult can it be?!), so there would be a rustle, rustle, rustle, rustle of the bag, then he managed to eat it loudly. It was really embarrassing (people looked at him funny) and annoying.  :P

Bellantara

• Normal is a setting on the washing machine.
« Reply #15424 on: March 25, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »
People who meander slowly, or worse, stop in the middle of the walkway on the subway in rush hour. If you don't know where you're going, have mercy on those of us who do and move to the side!

Alli8098

« Reply #15425 on: March 25, 2014, 08:19:18 PM »
People going in through the exit and out through the entrance at the big box store.  Happened yet again this afternoon when I had a huge cart full of stuff and had to try to pull off to a non-existent side so the person could go in as I was trying to go out.  I'm afraid I should be cast into e-hell because I rolled my eyes and I'm sure she saw.  It was a knee-jerk reaction but still doesn't excuse me.  But I will forever be annoyed by people who can't use entrances and exits properly.

andi

« Reply #15426 on: March 25, 2014, 08:35:40 PM »
My child and his showe habits. He's either in and out so quickly I don't think he even gets wet or else in so long I start thinking he's drowned.  He's 9 with a buzz cut - how long can it take?

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15427 on: March 25, 2014, 09:00:27 PM »
My child and his showe habits. He's either in and out so quickly I don't think he even gets wet or else in so long I start thinking he's drowned.  He's 9 with a buzz cut - how long can it take?

One of my exes was bald.  I swear to diety it took him 45 min in the shower every morning.  Me, I was in and out in 10 maybe 15 min and I LIKE showers

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15428 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
My brother has had to roust my oldest nephew in the shower.  The guy falls asleep, standing up, in the shower. 
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15429 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:35 AM »
When I actually GO to all the trouble to make something for lunch, get it all ready, put the bag with it NEXT to my purse and bag, and then leave it sitting in my living room. Grrrr.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15430 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:48 AM »
My DH is bald and takes the longest showers of anyone I have ever lived with, around 25-30 minutes. He shaves his head and face in the shower and also uses the steam to loosen his eternal chest congestion.

I made dinner last night and it was great. I took a picture of it and posted it to facebook. Someone I barely know commented on it. What did she comment? "Yuck"

I hid her comment, but who does that?

Drivers who go past the long line in the turn lane to turn from the marked straight only lane. Yeah. Jerks.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #15431 on: March 26, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »
My latest Yves Rocher box was handed to someone else, opened, and all items stolen.  The empty box was left under the stairs. 

The company is voiding the invoice and resending me the items, but FedEx Smartpost is going to hear from me.

Adelaide

« Reply #15432 on: March 26, 2014, 09:14:36 AM »
My mother constantly gripes about things that she doesn't like about herself, like her hair and her weight. She'll complain, for instance, that she hates how her hair won't lie down and always gets wavy when it's humid. When I ask her what product she's putting into her hair, she says "None, I just run a flat iron over it." At which point I'll say "Well, you're going to have to put product in it for it to stay the way you want." At which point she always either a) dismisses my claim as false, by basically saying her special hair can't be tamed like that or b) admits that I'm right, but that it's too much "work". Well, if you put the time into your hair that you did complaining you'd probably get things under control. She also likes to gripe about how she can't lose any more weight. I told her that she needs to ratchet up the intensity on her exercise or eat fewer calories. That she needs to change something. But of course I'm her daughter, so I can't be right about anything, never mind that I've been working out with the military for a year and have dropped a ton of weight.  ::)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15433 on: March 26, 2014, 09:16:02 AM »
My DH is bald and takes the longest showers of anyone I have ever lived with, around 25-30 minutes. He shaves his head and face in the shower and also uses the steam to loosen his eternal chest congestion.

I made dinner last night and it was great. I took a picture of it and posted it to facebook. Someone I barely know commented on it. What did she comment? "Yuck"

I hid her comment, but who does that?

Drivers who go past the long line in the turn lane to turn from the marked straight only lane. Yeah. Jerks.

I once made a batch of apple butter and canned it, my first time ever making it or canning it and I was just so proud of my success since no one had taught me how to can, I just read the directions and figured it out. 

Well, I shared a photo of the canned apple butter on fbook and one girl said "Aww, I'm allergic to apples!"  (not a direct quote but pretty close) I didn't really know how to reply to that.  I mean...it wasn't like I was saying "Hey who wants some apple butter?" Though I made so much that I did give away a few jars to people who I did have contact with. I hadn't seen this person since she was an aide in middle son's daycare about 6 years ago.

I said "Sorry to hear it" cause I couldn't really think of anything else to say and resisted the urge to channel Dr. Frankenfurter by saying "I didn't make it for you!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15434 on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:27 AM »
I was reminded of the old saying: If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.