Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1643195 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15450 on: March 28, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
DH again.  He was agitating about me going to get milk for tomorrow "before it gets too late" and I told him that I'd go later.  He says, "It's already 7pm! Where could you possibly go to get milk after 8pm?"

Well, there's the Giant, the Shoppers, Walmart, the 7-11, Luckie's (convenience store), CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreen's, the wholesale club, the commissary, the Shopettes on base...

The Rite-Aid and Walmart are open 24 hours, and I think at least one of the grocery stores is also, as well as both convenience stores.

For some odd reason he thinks that most stores close at 5, with a few select things open until 7:30 or 8.  ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

starry diadem

• διάδημα: The Glass Hat
« Reply #15451 on: March 29, 2014, 02:56:23 AM »
DH again.  He was agitating about me going to get milk for tomorrow "before it gets too late" and I told him that I'd go later.  He says, "It's already 7pm! Where could you possibly go to get milk after 8pm?"

(quote snipped)

I'd have been very tempted to suggest that if it bothered him so much, he knew where the store was.
Mysterious ravens go after local farmer's potatoes

Alli8098

« Reply #15452 on: March 29, 2014, 12:29:13 PM »

(quote snipped)

I'd have been very tempted to suggest that if it bothered him so much, he knew where the store was.

This is how I felt when my ex would ask me every night what was for dinner when I worked as long and hard as he did during the day.  I didn't mind the meal planning and cooking my fair share, but is it too much to ask that he do it from time to time?  That's why DH now is my keeper, he's not perfect but if I make it clear he needs to step up he does.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15453 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:40 PM »
How about when people forget or ignore something you've said?

I saw my cousin yesterday at a concert of her son's school orchestra.  Because she wasn't entirely aware of my camera phobia she took a picture of me, her husband, and sister-in-law in our seats.  Over lunch later we talked about a party I'm helping to plan and she said "You gotta post a photo of that on FB."  I told her I don't post photos of myself and she asked me to e-mail her one instead.

What do I find when I get home?  Two "likes" from friends on the photo she took in the concert hall and a notification that I was tagged in the photo.  One comment "You posted a photo?  [Exclamation we probably can't type here]!"  I replied with "I didn't.  You should know me better than that." and untagged the photo.  My cousin had posted the photo from her cell phone.

She's not a malicious person so I'm still trying to figure out how she failed to realize this wasn't the right thing to do.

It seems there was a clash of communication styles.  You said you never post pictures of yourself; you didn't say she couldn't post pictures of you, only that you personally don't do it.  Hopefully this will help keep you from being driven up a wall in the future; it can be so frustrating when we think we're being clear and the other person doesn't get it.  My FMIL and I have this issue...and it is what is currently driving me up the wall.

I thought I was clear in telling her that I had a hairdresser lined up to do Six's hair for the wedding.  I know I mentioned it more than once.  She told Six that she was going to do her hair, and now Six is disappointed that grandma won't be doing it.  Of course she'll forget by the time of the wedding, but for now, I have to deal with an upset six year old who thinks I am excluding her grandmother.

Totally off topic, however your post made me laugh because all I can picture is him petulantly having his hair done...

Back on topic. There was a moderate(5.1 on the Richter scale) earthquake in my area last night, and it bothers me how so many people do not know the proper duck and cover procedure. I was in a restaurant when the shaking started and nearly everyone bolted for the exit while I ducked under the table and waited for the ground to stop moving before I reclaimed my seat. Guess what? A little girl tripped and fell being dragged outside by her mother. She wasn't hurt, however she could have been if she had fallen and been trampled or struck by debris.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #15454 on: March 29, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »
Back on topic. There was a moderate(5.1 on the Richter scale) earthquake in my area last night, and it bothers me how so many people do not know the proper duck and cover procedure. I was in a restaurant when the shaking started and nearly everyone bolted for the exit while I ducked under the table and waited for the ground to stop moving before I reclaimed my seat. Guess what? A little girl tripped and fell being dragged outside by her mother. She wasn't hurt, however she could have been if she had fallen and been trampled or struck by debris.

Aaaaarrrggghhhh! Running outside is not what you're supposed to do.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #15455 on: March 29, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »
I've always been more of a night owl than a day person, but I've been trying to turn my sleep schedule around (again).  Despite getting plenty of sleep last night, I've been yawning like crazy all day, and I could fall asleep if I laid down.  I think my brain must be hardwired for me to be awake at night.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15456 on: March 29, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
DS has spent the week at the beach with his grandmother. He has a big party to attend tonight and we had to get his suit picked up, tried on and then pick up a gift.

MIL decided that this morning was the opportune time to go sight-seeing. In the rain. And they ended up being delayed 2 hours due to traffic (with the rain and all). It really put us all behind schedule. Grr.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15457 on: March 29, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
Catching a cold now that our temps are finally starting to warm up, and not being able to talk very loud.  I'm not totally without my voice, just cannot raise it at all. Blech.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Betelnut

« Reply #15458 on: March 30, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »
When it's raining just enough that you need your wipers but not enough that the wipers swish easily on the windshield--instead they make a horrible noise as they swish back and forth.  It drives me nuts!

Plus, stop raining already!
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15459 on: March 30, 2014, 01:13:29 PM »
When it's raining just enough that you need your wipers but not enough that the wipers swish easily on the windshield--instead they make a horrible noise as they swish back and forth.  It drives me nuts!

Oh I hate that too! It goes from not swishing enough to making that noise with just one click.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15460 on: March 30, 2014, 02:24:08 PM »

Oh I hate that too! It goes from not swishing enough to making that noise with just one click.

Yes! And bonus points if it rains, you turn them on, it slows up or stops, so you turn them off, or to intermittent and then picks up again. I always get that driving to my moms. Just when you think it's done raining back up it starts again

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15461 on: March 30, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »

Yes! And bonus points if it rains, you turn them on, it slows up or stops, so you turn them off, or to intermittent and then picks up again. I always get that driving to my moms. Just when you think it's done raining back up it starts again
It rains just enough to rain dust/mud all over the windshield and then you run out out of wiperfluid.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15462 on: March 30, 2014, 06:20:26 PM »
I would like to recommend RainX as a alternative.

People who can't be bothered to follow traffic rules and signage. Several times today, at 4-way stops, someone came up last and didn't stop! Then ignored the horns of the people who were already starting to go.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15463 on: March 30, 2014, 06:32:40 PM »
I would like to recommend RainX as a alternative.

People who can't be bothered to follow traffic rules and signage. Several times today, at 4-way stops, someone came up last and didn't stop! Then ignored the horns of the people who were already starting to go.

This is such a pet peeve.  A local 4 way stop just got stop signs after several nasty crashes (including one I was in).  People who used to have the right of way still don't like to stop and will just roll through the sign like it's no big deal.  It's especially worrying because there is an elementary school and church on opposite corners and lots of kids live in the area. 

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15464 on: March 30, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Places that put you on hold, play music and constantly interrupt it by stopping the music and saying "Thank you for holding. A representative will be with you shortly" or the like. It always makes me think I'm finally going to get a human being. Once, it happened six times, so by the time an actual human answered I almost tuned it out.

Worse is if there is no music, thus the voice makes you think you have a person...but nope!

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."