Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1695921 times)

CakeEater

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15465 on: March 31, 2014, 06:18:16 AM »
The humble brag. A young lady I know has just got back from some kind of trip around part of Africa where she visited some orphanages. I have my own thoughts about that.

But she posted on FB today something to the effect of, 'Oh, I felt like going for a jog today (which never happens lol), and then remembered that I gave my joggers away when I was in Africa. D'oh!'

How many levels of humble brag is that?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15466 on: March 31, 2014, 06:36:05 AM »
Sounds like it to me.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15467 on: March 31, 2014, 06:51:51 AM »
Buying a pattern and finding out that there is no real pattern, just instructions on how to make a pattern and instructions on how to do the sewing. I think that if there is not a pattern in the envelope, you should have to call it an instruction pamphlet! I am going to ask from now on, since it has happened to me twice and my disability makes it difficult to actually make the pattern.
(sorry for bringing up an old post, but I save this thread for my "guilty reading" pleasure when i'm bored ;D)

This reminds me of this case on judge judy, where some wacko was selling a phone on ebay (i thin it was ebay), and she sent the buyer an envelope with... a photo of the phone. and she is arguing that that is what was in the description or something like that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #15468 on: March 31, 2014, 08:00:39 AM »
One of my co-workers.

If she wasn't retiring in two weeks, this would probably be going in the Professional Darwinism thread, but she is, so! Here I am.

She's always pretty much ignored the way we're 'supposed' to do things, and made up her own procedures. If you think of our process as going 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - all the way up to 9, with step 4 only being necessary if the results of step 3 require it, about half the time she decides (for no apparent reason) to go 1 - 6 - 7 - 2 - 3 - (there is no 4) - 5 - 8 - 9. Sometimes that results in her going 1 - 6 - 7 - 2 - 3 - oh darn, 4 is necessary this time, which means that she has to undo bits of 6 and 7, do 4, fix 6 and 7, then finish.

Today she apparently decided to go all out and just do whatever the heck she felt like! So I got to watch her do 1, then 7 (wrong, because she hadn't done 6), 2, 3, oops 4 is necessary, undo a bit of 7, do 4, oops undo a bit more of 7, do 6, redo 7...

Her work doesn't often have any effect on mine, and I'm certainly not in a supervisory position over her, so it's really none of my business, but sweet mother of Murgatroyd it feels like nails on a chalkboard sometimes. ::) :o
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15469 on: March 31, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »
This is me right about now: (video of Madeline Kahn in "Clue") https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IkddsjtAA

Friday I tried calling the support # for the Maryland health exchange website and just got a busy signal.  Today I called and kept getting a message from my own wireless carrier saying the number couldn't be completed as dialed. So I called the support for the wireless.  The lady very helpfully offered to try the number herself, put me on hold and came back to say she couldn't get through either and that it seems like an error on their side.

Of all days to not be able to get through and they sent me a password which doesn't even work.  ::)

...And another thing: To my older 2: Putting things away means putting them where they BELONG! Not to the first horizontal surface available so that you can say you cleared a certain spot!!!! I have been trying to keep this one counter clear in our house and part of that involved taking an empty box and putting all the hardware/fix it stuff that I'd found stashed there into this box.  Hardware HAS a home, it's in the basement. Yet I have found it in the office, in the kitchen, back on this counter, on a bookshelf, etc.  ::)

Dishes: They need to be put away DRY!!!!!!! I got so fed up yesterday after telling them this several times that I carried the still wet plate from the cupboard I'd found it in and shook the water off the dish onto each of them.  They said they get the point but I'm skeptical.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:41:31 AM by Piratelvr1121 »
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #15470 on: March 31, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
Related to the humblebrag: fishing for compliments.  BIL is the worst.  About every 2 weeks, he'll post something on FB about how he'll never find true love, he's destined to be alone, he guesses he's just not what women want (a 500 lb racist, xenophobic misogynist?  Who could pass up such a prize?), he knows he'll never get what he wants in life, blah blah...so of course various women on his friends list will reply with 'oh, some woman will be lucky to have you!  you're one of a kind [I hope so], you're so special!' etc.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15471 on: March 31, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »
Related to the humblebrag: fishing for compliments.  BIL is the worst.  About every 2 weeks, he'll post something on FB about how he'll never find true love, he's destined to be alone, he guesses he's just not what women want (a 500 lb racist, xenophobic misogynist?  Who could pass up such a prize?), he knows he'll never get what he wants in life, blah blah...so of course various women on his friends list will reply with 'oh, some woman will be lucky to have you!  you're one of a kind [I hope so], you're so special!' etc.

Oh yeah, the "Nice Guy" boast.  ::)  I've known one of those personally. "I'm such a gentleman, I'm so chivalrous, I'm so good in bed, how could a girl not want to date meeeeeeeee?" He was even worse about boasting about his bedroom prowess once he had a girlfriend. I've said to him "Dude, if you're that good, you shouldn't feel the need to boast about it yourself." Then he'd turn to his gf, then wife, now stbx wife and say "Go on, tell her". 

Now this is a very quiet woman who is very private so even if she had something to boast about it, she wouldn't and she'd just give him a look like "what are you on and why aren't you sharing?"

TeamBhakta

« Reply #15472 on: March 31, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »
how he'll never find true love, he's destined to be alone, he guesses he's just not what women want (a 500 lb racist, xenophobic misogynist?  Who could pass up such a prize?)

I'm picturing the heavy redheaded racist from the SVU episode "Raw", the one who was making kissy faces at Casey.

"What does your client have to offer?"
"Just my undying love and affection.We'd make pretty white babies together, don't you think?"

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15473 on: March 31, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »
Allergies. Due to the polar vortex, supposedly its going to be one of the worst allergy seasons. UGH. and i cleaned yesterday, and stirred up a ton of dust, which I'm very allergic to. and forgot my meds. So I'm sitting at my desk with burning, itchy eyes, a stuffed up head, major sinus headache since yesterday, and completely exhausted. I know i'm whining, but darn it, its ONLY just begun!

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #15474 on: March 31, 2014, 03:28:06 PM »
I read a good line the other day:

"This allergy season is so bad that the dealers are turning their meth back into Sudafed."
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult);  Balrog, Rooney, Rascal, Rocket (M)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15475 on: March 31, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »

"This allergy season is so bad that the dealers are turning their meth back into Sudafed."

Ha!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15476 on: March 31, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »
LOL!! That's pretty good!

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15477 on: March 31, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »

And I just laughed so hard I materialized in a nest of T-rex eggs. :P Just kidding.

Latest reasons for being propelled up a wall at light speed:

Patients who need assistance with a bedpan or getting to the bathroom who say "no" when I ask them if they need it while I'm in the room to give meds or take vitals----and proceed to hit their call bell five minutes after I leave and say they have to go!*

Family members who cannot accept when their loved one is terminal and there is nothing the hospital can do. It's worse when the patient is ready to go and the family keeps telling them "stop it, we'll get you better."

Someone keeps popping their gum and I am about ready to hurl my clipboard at them.

*These are patients whose bowel and bladders are normal. People with abnormalities like urinary tract infections or loose stool get a pass as those urges come on very suddenly.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #15478 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:41 PM »

LOLOL!

My allergies are horrid this season and this time around, they include a special bonus: sudden, unannounced nosebleeds. Those are especially entertaining at work and while commuting (I've got a two-hour round-trip commute). It took forever the get the bloodstains out of my white (of course!) blouse the last time.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15479 on: March 31, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
Feeling like the adults in the Peanuts cartoons.