Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1787052 times)

KimberlyM

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15525 on: April 04, 2014, 11:13:39 AM »
Wrong number text messages...or rather when they refuse to believe they're the wrong number.  No, I'm not "so silly" I really have no clue who you are, it's 6:30 am and I'm trying to get ready for work, I do not have time to repeatedly argue with you that I do not know you, or "Jim" and certainly you didn't see my husband on the news last night. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15526 on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
Products that make you wonder "Just WHO did you test this on, anyway?" Like the training toilet we got from a neighbor. (not knocking her, at all as it was nice of her to even give us anything).

I looked up the toilet on Amazon today (it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1St-Comfy-Cushy-Potty/dp/B000LRGQ0A/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t) and there are more bad reviews than good, and many of them are like me, wondering just how small the child was that they had in mind when this was designed!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15527 on: April 04, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »
Products that make you wonder "Just WHO did you test this on, anyway?" Like the training toilet we got from a neighbor. (not knocking her, at all as it was nice of her to even give us anything).

I looked up the toilet on Amazon today (it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1St-Comfy-Cushy-Potty/dp/B000LRGQ0A/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t) and there are more bad reviews than good, and many of them are like me, wondering just how small the child was that they had in mind when this was designed!

I think that's the one my sister has for her son. It's gross.

Lynnv

« Reply #15528 on: April 04, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »
Curiosity that is destined never to be satisfied.

DH and I were on vacation last week when we got a call from the gal who was house-sitting and kitty-sitting for us.  She called right after 5 US Marshalls and 2 local police officers came to the house looking for someone who they had a tip was staying with us.  DH and I (and friend) have no idea who this is-never heard of him. 

She let them search the house (I know we might not have HAD to do so with no warrant, but I was okay with them looking around).  Answered a bunch of questions.  DH followed up in case they needed any information from us, since we were 5 states away when they came by.  He heard back from the lead Marshall yesterday.  Whatever brought them to our house has been cleared up.

I realize that they CAN'T tell us what is going on.  But I am curious as all get out as to what brought 7 uniformed officers to our house.  The Marshalls had something like "violent fugitive unit" (probably not exact, this is from the friend who isn't good about details like what exactly the wording was) on their jackets.   I would just love to know who they were looking for exactly and how they got a tip to come to our house.   

PS-Harry thought they all came to visit him.  Especially the poor officer who had a severe cat allergy and basically sneezed and hacked his way through our house-Harry thought that was his new best friend.   He also tried to sneak past them into my glassroom when they opened the door to search there. 

Artie watched from a distance, but also tried to make friends with poor allergic guy.   ::)
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15529 on: April 04, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »

PS-Harry thought they all came to visit him.  Especially the poor officer who had a severe cat allergy and basically sneezed and hacked his way through our house-Harry thought that was his new best friend.   He also tried to sneak past them into my glassroom when they opened the door to search there. 

Artie watched from a distance, but also tried to make friends with poor allergic guy.   ::)

This made me giggle. what IS it about cats that they immediately make a beeline for those who are either afraid of them, or very allergic. I can only imagine a big, tough federal marshall, hacking his way through your house. Poor guy.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15530 on: April 04, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »

I saw this one and about died laughing. WHich sent me into an allergy induced coughing fit!

Boy torture chair

This thing is just awful. My wife bought it for our son, and whenever i try to get him to use it, i have to push him back on it so he'll fit on the chair. The top of the cup cuts right into the middle of his wang, so he has to sit back just to fit in it. When i try to push him back on ht, it slides into the wall and the lid swings up and stabs him on the back with its hard edges. This thing has the absolute worst design ever. Maybe if your kid has a newborn-sized butt and a microscopic wang he'll fit, but otherwise this thing is totally useless. If anything it's taught my son to be afraid of the toilet.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15531 on: April 04, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
A friend requested that friends and family loan tea party items for her teenage daughters upcoming party. I mentioned that I have a silver tea set and I would be willing to lend it for the event.

Friend: Would you be okay with not getting it back?
Me: No. It would be a loan and it was a wedding gift, so it has sentimental value.
Friend: Oh, then we won't take it from you. (Me:  ??? ) We are going to glue tea pots, trays, etc together for decor.
Me: Okay then.  ???

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15532 on: April 04, 2014, 01:55:04 PM »
A friend requested that friends and family loan tea party items for her teenage daughters upcoming party. I mentioned that I have a silver tea set and I would be willing to lend it for the event.

Friend: Would you be okay with not getting it back?
Me: No. It would be a loan and it was a wedding gift, so it has sentimental value.
Friend: Oh, then we won't take it from you. (Me:  ??? ) We are going to glue tea pots, trays, etc together for decor.
Me: Okay then.  ???

:o :o :o

Yeah, that's not a loan. Friend needs to be hitting up Goodwill.

audhs

« Reply #15533 on: April 04, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »

I was looking at potty's at Walmart today, thinking man there a lot more options then we had when my oldest was training.   It looks like I now can cross one option off the list.  :) I can't believe the cushy seat isn't water proof. Yuck :P

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15534 on: April 04, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »

I was looking at potty's at Walmart today, thinking man there a lot more options then we had when my oldest was training.   It looks like I now can cross one option off the list.  :) I can't believe the cushy seat isn't water proof. Yuck :P

I thought about getting a new thing to use but then thought "Aw heck with it, he lets me hold him on the regular toilet, isn't afraid of falling in, and does just fine so why waste money on something else that will likely need to be cleaned and stored when not in use?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

audhs

« Reply #15535 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:50 PM »

I thought about getting a new thing to use but then thought "Aw heck with it, he lets me hold him on the regular toilet, isn't afraid of falling in, and does just fine so why waste money on something else that will likely need to be cleaned and stored when not in use?

I've been debating just getting the seat adapter with this one and a stool so that I don't have to clean out a potty.  But she's really tiny for her age, so I'm not sure if it'll work.  Oh well we're a few months away from starting anyway.

As for things driving me up the wall it would be my 7 and 9 year olds laughing when the little one does something she's not supposed. She is now under the impression it's funny to yell noooo and curl up in a ball on the floor when I try and get her dressed. (And then giggle hysterically) it seams the terrible twos maybe starting about 7 months early.  ;)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15536 on: April 04, 2014, 03:07:02 PM »
Ads that won't be silenced.  Noah banner, I'm looking at you...

I second that emotion.  I also can't stand when ads blare at you just as you land on the page and it takes more than a nanosecond to find the source.  This really shouldn't be allowed.
I had the History channel give me a massive migraine once.  They had a banner top bar that was flashing from black letters on white to white letters on black, blackwhiteblackwhiteblackwhite, about as fast as you can say those words.  I tried to scroll past it very quickly, and by the time I realized that I couldn't, I'd gotten whacked. :(  Instant migraine. 

DH contacted them and complained on my behalf, since I was curled up in a dark room with my head splitting, hoping that the Vicodin and Imitrex would work quickly.  They were very apologetic, but things like that happen over and over.  I can't watch NCIS, since they do that flashflashflash just before the ad breaks.  I like the show, but the only thing I can do is listen, with my back to the screen. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15537 on: April 04, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »
I left work early and went to pickup my DS from an after school meeting. After picking him up, we stopped at a local bakery café to get him lunch (starving teenager). I went into the restroom and saw both doors were closed, but was able to tell there was no one in the small stall, so I went in.

About 15 seconds later, two young girls came in and would take turn going into the disabled access stall, slamming the door shut (which shook the partitions) and screaming at each other. After a minute of this, I said in my best teacher voice "this is not a place to play". After that, they stood in the disabled access stall and whispered to each other until I washed my hands and left.  ::)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15538 on: April 04, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
It drives me up the wall when patients call and try to guilt trip us into reducing their bill.  "I'll just go blind.  What does it matter?  You don't care!  You just want my money!".  I ran into it when I did short term disability as well - people would try to guilt trip me into approving them for more time off by saying things like "Fine, I'll just go back to work and fall off the tower then.  Will that make you happy?" or "Well, I'm still depressed, so I'll just commit suicide and then you won't have to worry about me anymore."

I understand they're unhappy, but the way to work around the problem is not to try and make the person you're yelling at cry due to feeling like a jerk because I have to follow procedures!

Lynnv

« Reply #15539 on: April 05, 2014, 12:54:31 AM »

This made me giggle. what IS it about cats that they immediately make a beeline for those who are either afraid of them, or very allergic. I can only imagine a big, tough federal marshall, hacking his way through your house. Poor guy.

My understanding is that, for cats, the body language of a person trying to avoid them is basically saying, "I'm not a threat.  Let's be friends."   Not that Harry didn't bug all 7 of them.   Because Harry loves everybody.   ;D

But I am with you in imagining some big macho Marshall being harassed by a big fluffy kitty cat.  My friend said it would have been funny if the poor guy wasn't so darned miserable. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein