Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1679274 times)

alkira6

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15555 on: April 07, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »
People who can't let you have your happy no matter what.  I posted on facebook that I've lost a full clothing size since January and celebrated by ordering 3 new dresses. When they came they fit and were actually a little loose, so yay! weight loss.

I get some sincere congrats from people who know how hard this has been on me for the past few years, and then I get the a**hole who 1. does the snarky "about time", 2. down plays how hard it is to lose weight and I just haven't been trying, and 3. told me that I would just gain it all back.

Yeah, thanks.  ::)  Blocked and blocked! Also, e-mailed a screen cap to your mother.  Doesn't pay to be mean to a relative that your mom likes.   >:D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15556 on: April 07, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
Wow! I thought the woman who posted "yuck" on my dinner picture was bad.

Congrats on your achievement of one of your goals!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #15557 on: April 07, 2014, 11:50:15 AM »

PS-Harry thought they all came to visit him.  Especially the poor officer who had a severe cat allergy and basically sneezed and hacked his way through our house-Harry thought that was his new best friend.   He also tried to sneak past them into my glassroom when they opened the door to search there. 

Artie watched from a distance, but also tried to make friends with poor allergic guy.   ::)

This made me giggle. what IS it about cats that they immediately make a beeline for those who are either afraid of them, or very allergic. I can only imagine a big, tough federal marshall, hacking his way through your house. Poor guy.

Our cat does this too! He'll have been sleeping in our closet and pretty much ignoring us all day (unless his food bowl was no longer completely full) but the minute my highly allergic SIL shows up, he's all over her like a duck on a june bug.  So we need to shut him up in a room and listen to him complain about it the whole time. 

Shalamar

« Reply #15558 on: April 07, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »
"about time"

WOW.  What a nasty piece of work!  You're well rid of him.

That reminds me of when my husband told his mother that we'd replaced our dinnerware (dinner plates, lunch plates, and bowls).  Her response was the same:  "It's about time."  Not "Nice, what do they look like?".   ???

And she wonders why we don't visit or call her very often.

Lynnv

« Reply #15559 on: April 07, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »

PS-Harry thought they all came to visit him.  Especially the poor officer who had a severe cat allergy and basically sneezed and hacked his way through our house-Harry thought that was his new best friend.   He also tried to sneak past them into my glassroom when they opened the door to search there. 

Artie watched from a distance, but also tried to make friends with poor allergic guy.   ::)

This made me giggle. what IS it about cats that they immediately make a beeline for those who are either afraid of them, or very allergic. I can only imagine a big, tough federal marshall, hacking his way through your house. Poor guy.

Our cat does this too! He'll have been sleeping in our closet and pretty much ignoring us all day (unless his food bowl was no longer completely full) but the minute my highly allergic SIL shows up, he's all over her like a duck on a june bug.  So we need to shut him up in a room and listen to him complain about it the whole time.

Harry loves everybody.  But he really loved that poor marshall.  I talked to the friend who was housesitting when I was home  for the weekend, and she said Harry was being a nuisance with everyone, but he really LOVED the poor allergic guy.  And with Harry being a big fluffy boy (we think he is a Maine Coon mix) he is particularly bad for folks who are allergic.  Friend said that the allergic marshall was the first one out the door to wait on the porch when they were done searching the house and were just asking questions.   ;D

And I am still just burning up with curiosity about exactly what that was all about, even though I know I will never find out.   :'(
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15560 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
Our Bailey and Sherly are particularly friendly, whereas people could come to our house several times in 6 months and not know we had a third kitty. Brandy's sweet but painfully shy due to being a feral kitty at one point.  She's fine with us but still prefers to keep to herself more times than not.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

alkira6

« Reply #15561 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:48 PM »

Thank you! I have about 200 pounds to go. I have to lose the equivalent of another person.  :(   Upside- I have been free of steroids for about 8 months, so the bloating and weight retention from that is not an issue any longer.   ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15562 on: April 07, 2014, 02:51:48 PM »
I have another 100 lbs to go. I decided that people who harp on others about personal issues are people I don't need in my life. It is a liberating thought.

alkira6

« Reply #15563 on: April 07, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
I have another 100 lbs to go. I decided that people who harp on others about personal issues are people I don't need in my life. It is a liberating thought.

I have been trying to put more e-hell responses into play.  Sometimes it doesn't work.  I've defriended a few relatives on FB for various nastiness.  Since these are the same people who I don't spend time with in real life, no big loss.  I friended for harmony with my grandmother but you only have 1 chance to be an idiot.

Also, good luck with your weight loss.  It is hard.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15564 on: April 07, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »

Thank you! I have about 200 pounds to go. I have to lose the equivalent of another person.  :(   Upside- I have been free of steroids for about 8 months, so the bloating and weight retention from that is not an issue any longer.   ;D

Great job! I've lost 15 and am slowly working my way to my goal weight. I recently bought some dresses for my cruise this summer and was thrilled I fit into the next smaller size. Such a great feeling!

lilfox

« Reply #15565 on: April 07, 2014, 05:26:54 PM »
A manager just forwarded an article that he recommended, as it shows how our leaders are thinking and what we should be focusing on.  It is yet another in a long series of buzzword-heavy, content-free collections of empty soundbites but yet they're always presented as these groundbreaking, drop-everything-and-read announcements.

Let's optimize flow by applying best practices!
Streamline our processes by eliminating wasteful steps!
Differentiate our products from our competitors!

I just don't get it. Am I supposed to feel inspired?  I find absolutely nothing of value in an executive's ability to recite the latest business concept crazes.  It's up there with creating a task force that takes 6 months (not to mention $$$) to come up with a mission statement, or worse, to update an existing mission statement because that usually involves changing like 3 words. To synonyms.

Go team.    ::)

alkira6

« Reply #15566 on: April 07, 2014, 07:21:34 PM »

Great job! I've lost 15 and am slowly working my way to my goal weight. I recently bought some dresses for my cruise this summer and was thrilled I fit into the next smaller size. Such a great feeling!

Thank you1  ;D  I have really made an entire life change for health reasons but I am really enjoying the weight loss.  My husband was laughing ate me the other day because I've had to buy new bras in a smaller size, but because of the weight that I've lost my chest looks bigger  :o

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15567 on: April 07, 2014, 07:40:15 PM »
A manager just forwarded an article that he recommended, as it shows how our leaders are thinking and what we should be focusing on.  It is yet another in a long series of buzzword-heavy, content-free collections of empty soundbites but yet they're always presented as these groundbreaking, drop-everything-and-read announcements.

Let's optimize flow by applying best practices!
Streamline our processes by eliminating wasteful steps!
Differentiate our products from our competitors!

I just don't get it. Am I supposed to feel inspired?  I find absolutely nothing of value in an executive's ability to recite the latest business concept crazes.  It's up there with creating a task force that takes 6 months (not to mention $$$) to come up with a mission statement, or worse, to update an existing mission statement because that usually involves changing like 3 words. To synonyms.

Go team.    ::)

A company I used to work for took a year to come up with a redesigned logo, vision, motto, the whole works.  The logo used to be a stylized tree, white with a green background.  After a new, the new logo was a person as the trunk of a tree, with green leaves all around.  And the new motto was "Go You".  The thoughts of the company employees could be summed up as "What the...?".  It became a joke around my specific office - any time you did anything at all, especially if it failed, about six people could be counted upon to laugh and say, "Go YOU!". 

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #15568 on: April 07, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »
I still remember when my former company decided that "I meet expectations" was the perfect thing to put on employee t-shirts. I am positive they never got the joke.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15569 on: April 07, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
I am suddenly getting calls on my mobile phone (have had the number for a decade) for other people. One is for a Ms. Rose about a needy student and the other is for Dan about his skin care order.

???