Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1734417 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15585 on: April 11, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »
That would bug me too.  I had one man do that to me when he was asking about LP. It wasn't someone I knew well so I gave up, waved and walked away.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

random numbers

« Reply #15586 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »
Some ... person is letting their dog pee on my grill. Repeatedly. I plan to get camera evidence and post large signs in front of the grill identifying them.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15587 on: April 11, 2014, 12:36:03 PM »
That reminds me of when my elderly female cat was very ill and didn't have long to live.  I took her to the vet, and a vet's assistant kept referring to my cat as "he" - even after I politely corrected her several times.  "Okay, we're going to take him into the room in a minute."  "Um, my cat's a female, actually."  "He'll get an exam -"  "She.  She will get an exam." 

I didn't want to be rude, but I was already distraught because my poor cat was dying, and that girl just WASN'T LISTENING.

For me, the main problem with people who can't keep a simple fact - with only 2 possibilities, yet! - straight is that I question the reliability of anything else said.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #15588 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »
Short version: bureaucracy and lack of communication in large companies.

Long version: I work for Medium Company, which was bought by Giant Corp. We are still known by the name Medium Company. Although Giant Corp. has a variety of businesses of different types, they are most well known for producing Super Widgets, which are used by loads of large and small businesses worldwide.

Medium Company has nothing to do with producing Super Widgets, but we do use a couple of them. One broke a while back. Getting it replaced should be a piece of cake, right, since we're part of Giant Corp.? Think again. Medium Company employees repeatedly called and e-mailed Giant Corp. people asking for a new Super Widget, only to be redirected to other people or have the calls and e-mails not returned. This went on for a full year.

One day, a sales person for Giant Corp. came to our location selling Super Widgets, completely unaware that we are also part of Giant Corp. In this way, after a year of fruitless struggling, we were finally able to obtain a replacement Super Widget.  ::)
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Dr. F.

« Reply #15589 on: April 11, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »
I get twitchy when handling ceramics and my fingernails scrape against the piece. That's little, and also weird. I don't handle ceramics for this reason, though. A more normal thing is that it makes me crazy when people on television use words incorrectly.

I have the first, too! Ceramics, and most car finishes. The best I can describe it is that it makes the skin under my fingernails itch. I've never heard of anyone else having the same issue. Avoiding that issue is one of the reasons I keep my fingernails short.

ETA: I am currently irritated by the fact that, at my age, I STILL cannot fold fitted sheets neatly. I know how it's supposed to be done in theory, but I still cannot seem to do it right.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 06:11:46 PM by Dr. F. »

Adelaide

« Reply #15590 on: April 12, 2014, 11:39:33 PM »
I know this is a stereotype, but men who don't understand women's sizes and toss out numbers like they do. A female friend of mine was talking about how one of her friends was a US size 8 in pants and the guy with us was like "Wow, yeah, that's getting on up there, size-wise. Pretty big."  ::) Or the guys who are like "Any girl over 150 pounds is a 'bigger' girl to me." At that weight and with a low body fat I'm about a US 4, thanks.

turtleIScream

« Reply #15591 on: April 13, 2014, 08:38:12 AM »
I finally found a tank style that worked perfectly for me! But at $30 each, I've been trying to spread around the cost, picking up only a few at a time. I went back to the store this week for more colors, and they have been discontinued. Can't even find them online in closeout.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15592 on: April 13, 2014, 09:34:58 AM »
I finally found a tank style that worked perfectly for me! But at $30 each, I've been trying to spread around the cost, picking up only a few at a time. I went back to the store this week for more colors, and they have been discontinued. Can't even find them online in closeout.
...and that last fact in itself is enough to drive you up the wall.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15593 on: April 13, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »

I hate this. It seems every time I find something I live, clothes, makeup, bath products, it gets discontinued

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #15594 on: April 13, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »
Southern accents. I know there are people on the boards from the south. But I find them grating and at times impossible to understand. My husband got me to watch True Detective last night and I think I might have liked it better if I could understand what they were saying.

That's not very nice and seems to paint a wide swath of this country with a very narrow brush

If a person can't understand an accent, s/he can't understand it. I'm from the South, and I'm not offended by people finding my accent hard to understand, especially if they're from another country and don't have a lot of experience with that accent.

Katana, if you can turn on subtitles on your TV, it might help you enjoy the show better. I have to do that with many shows and movies, because I have hearing issues and don't want to blast the TV so loud that I make my problems worse.
I wish we could turn on the subtitles, but we can't. Thanks for the suggestion.

And sometimes it is about how someone speaks that I find grating. I can't watch The Closer or Saving Grace, the way the main characters speaks just irritates my ears. But it may not have anything to do with the accent and is probably just me, I have a few strange things about noises and there's one shop that DH and I go in a lot where I can't stand the PA system as it's so loud and jolting.

I have a hybrid accent......From living in New Jersey for my 1st 34 years, and now living in Kentucky for almost 26 years. I get to hear "you're not from here, are you" in both locations.  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15595 on: April 13, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
I am very sad that Coldwater Creek will be shutting down. I shop their sales, clearance and outlets frequently.

My DH yesterday. I mentioned that we could drive his vehicle today, since we drove mine Friday and we could spread the mileage around that way. Suddenly, DH remembers he needs an oil change (he has been talking about it for a few weeks, but not often) and a car wash. So I ask if he could go this morning and get those done, and we could just leave a bit later.

Mumble, grumble, complain. Then he sleeps in until noon, so that is out the window.

I sweetly suggested that he go Tuesday night after work to get his oil change.  >:D

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15596 on: April 13, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »

I hate this. It seems every time I find something I live, clothes, makeup, bath products, it gets discontinued

Add me to the list of those driven up a few walls by this. Argh!

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15597 on: April 13, 2014, 01:16:52 PM »
^ Ice cream too. Publix had a flavor that was chocolate and caramel with chocolate covered pretzel balls. It was amazing. They only had it for six weeks.

andi

« Reply #15598 on: April 13, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »
How can my child spend 45 minutes in the shower and come out dirtier than when he went in? 

Adelaide

« Reply #15599 on: April 13, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »
I don't even have a law degree yet and I haven't passed the bar exam and I've heard every lawyer joke under the sun. Each time one of the jokes is presented as if it's a new and novel thing that no one has ever told before. I've also heard "Well, I'm not doing my job for the money" or "I just don't have time to go to school" in very miffed tones as if my career choice was somehow strategically planned to make you feel insecure.  ::)