News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 09:46:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5499137 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15585 on: April 24, 2014, 07:56:49 AM »
People who Capitalize Every Word.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Mal

« Reply #15586 on: April 24, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
People who Capitalize Every Word.

And on that note people who refuse to use punctuation ever I mean whats that even about

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15587 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:51 AM »
I know it's been brought up here, but I cAn'T bElIeVe ThErE aRe StIlLl PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS.

Mal

« Reply #15588 on: April 24, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »
I know it's been brought up here, but I cAn'T bElIeVe ThErE aRe StIlLl PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS.

And call me jaded, but people who reply to those posts by saying "o m g ru4rlz lol kthxby" are no better.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #15589 on: April 24, 2014, 08:37:53 AM »
I have an acquaintance who is older than me, a stay at home mom and has two children. She, in attempt to be "hip", always types in txt spk. Even in email, on social media and in documents. No.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Cherry91

« Reply #15590 on: April 24, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »

And call me jaded, but people who reply to those posts by saying "o m g ru4rlz lol kthxby" are no better.

There's someone on one of my online groups that uses kisses like punctuation.

It drives the rest of the group crazy x She's 25 x and therefore old enough to know better x and sometimes its super inappropriate to the topics being discussed x
All will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

nayberry

« Reply #15591 on: April 24, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »

It drives the rest of the group crazy x She's 25 x and therefore old enough to know better x and sometimes its super inappropriate to the topics being discussed x

i'll use "kthxbai" when i'm sarky on twitter :)  i can't stand the CraZY TYpiNg!!
baby berry arrived june 2016

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #15592 on: April 24, 2014, 10:06:33 AM »

i'll use "kthxbai" when i'm sarky on twitter :)  i can't stand the CraZY TYpiNg!!

For the record, when I was first on the internets (back when there was only one, electrons were carried between computers by carrier pigeon, and AOL charged by the hour), TyPiNg LiKe ThIs was called "Torgo Talk" after the it's-so-bad-it's-awesome movie Manos, The Hand of Fate.  The character Torgo had a strange way of speaking that, well, bobbled up and down much like the chat stupidity mentioned previously.

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #15593 on: April 24, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »

I know someone who does this on Facebook x It's bad enough when it's just her normal posts x Sometimes though it's a post for a society of which she is a national board member x So the party meeting the Prime Minister will be gathering at the House of Commons at noon x The posts about the funeral gave me the complete yips x

TootsNYC

« Reply #15594 on: April 24, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Drivers on a 75mph interstate that drive under the speed limit when there are signs posted that there is no minimum speed.  In the state I live in laws have been enacted to actually ticket people who do this when you are on sections of the interstate that are only two lane to prevent road rage incidents.  Don't know if it does reduce it or not, but I do get miffed when stuck behind someone going 60 in a 75 zone.

It's not just to prevent road rage; people who drive very much slower than the norm on busy highways are actually a danger to everyone.

Okay, I do this when I'm driving to/from Home and Grad School (it's a very long drive along one interstate), but I have good reasons for doing so:
  • The MPH changes enough between 60-65-70 that it just makes much more sense to stay at 60 than kick it up, slow down, kick it up again, etc.
  • Often it's windy and curvy, so I feel a better handle on the car at 60.
  • At least in my state, unless it's posted, the understood minimum speed is 45 on the highway.
If I feel comfortable, I will go 70 MPH, but that also burns through gas faster, and I'd rather not use money I don't have to if I can make the whole trip on one tank of gas. However, unless it is absolutely necessary, I stay in the right lane, because it's made for the slower traffic.

The reason the minimum is 45 is that slower -than that- is dangerous. Driving 60 when everyone else is going 70 isn't really that dangerous. It's when you're more than 20 or so MPH slower.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15595 on: April 24, 2014, 01:40:51 PM »
Either the Time Turners didn't really get all destroyed or there are a lot more blue call boxes out there. ;)

Why are you talking about ME all of a sudden?! >:D

Today's aggravation: When makeup goes perfectly on one eye and looks like a small child did the other eye.
Who is the Doctor?

nayberry

« Reply #15596 on: April 24, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »
Either the Time Turners didn't really get all destroyed or there are a lot more blue call boxes out there. ;)

Why are you talking about ME all of a sudden?! >:D

Today's aggravation: When makeup goes perfectly on one eye and looks like a small child did the other eye.

and in that vein,  when my left hands nails look perfect and the right look like i let a blind leper with only one foot have a go.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #15597 on: April 24, 2014, 02:31:14 PM »
I hear you, Fliss!  Would help if they didn't have their head stu...   um, don't get me started!
The phrase you are looking for is "cranio-rectal inversion syndrome." Sorry about your ute.  I don't know about Oz, but unless that is a brand-new vehicle, in the US such significant damage would cause the insurance company to declare it totaled. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

siamesecat2965

« Reply #15598 on: April 24, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »

and in that vein,  when my left hands nails look perfect and the right look like i let a blind leper with only one foot have a go.

This is why I stopped doing my own toes. I am not flexible enough to bend over and reach them, and i can't see that far down either. So I'd end up painting my entire foot, which annoyed me. So now I splurge in the spring-fall and get them done.

nayberry

« Reply #15599 on: April 24, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »

This is why I stopped doing my own toes. I am not flexible enough to bend over and reach them, and i can't see that far down either. So I'd end up painting my entire foot, which annoyed me. So now I splurge in the spring-fall and get them done.

my mum and i trade toe painting,  i'm too ticklish for pedicures