Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1783170 times)

turtleIScream

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15705 on: April 20, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
Easter candy, and the grandparents who buy it. There is no way 100 kids could eat this much, let alone my 2.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15706 on: April 20, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »
I get that today is a special day for consumers of a certain substance, illegal in my area. However, I am beyond annoyed by the number of posts, mentions and innuendos about that substance.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #15707 on: April 20, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
I get that today is a special day for consumers of a certain substance, illegal in my area. However, I am beyond annoyed by the number of posts, mentions and innuendos about that substance.

Yes!

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #15708 on: April 21, 2014, 04:26:23 AM »

Yes!

OK, UK reader here, I haven't had my second cup of tea yet and I'm not a morning person. Not firing on all cylinders yet. I had never heard of this,  so you've just given me a 'chocolate is illegal in Florida?' moment.

Now that I've Googled and I'm up to speed,  I expect the rest of my day will make more sense.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15709 on: April 21, 2014, 06:34:04 AM »
This is Florida, it rains. Deal with it.

Sounds like Seattle :)

And Portland. It's dry in the summer, sure, but every stinkin' year when the first, completely predictable big rain hits in the fall drivers lose their minds.

"AIIIEEEEE! There's water falling from the sky! We're all doomed! My only chance of survival is to drive like a moron!"

Actual quote. Probably.

Change that to "frozen water" and it sounds like all the drivers in Minnesota during the first few snowfalls of the season.  And the last few snowfalls of the season.  And some of the snowfalls in between, too.  I'm pretty sure not that many people move to Minnesota in the spring/summer/fall, so my only explanation is that some residents of Minnesota successfully block out all memory of winter, and are incredibly surprised when it rolls around again.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15710 on: April 21, 2014, 08:03:05 AM »

Yes!

OK, UK reader here, I haven't had my second cup of tea yet and I'm not a morning person. Not firing on all cylinders yet. I had never heard of this,  so you've just given me a 'chocolate is illegal in Florida?' moment.

Now that I've Googled and I'm up to speed,  I expect the rest of my day will make more sense.

Cannabis is what I am alluding to.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15711 on: April 21, 2014, 09:01:42 AM »
Cleaning up after holidays. Especially ones that involve a lot of packaging. :P DH bought the boys those Easter Baskets that come wrapped up with toys following a theme, which hit the mark with all 3 of them as he got oldest one a football related basket, Middle Pirate a Snoopy basket and the littlest one got a Peter Cottontail one.  He also got me a pirate related one for fun but the littlest pirate is having fun as well with the foam sword and plastic hook.

But lordy do they have a lot of plastic, and then there's the wrappings of the candy they got in the eggs hidden by the church and DH.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15712 on: April 21, 2014, 11:53:48 AM »
Cleaning up after holidays. Especially ones that involve a lot of packaging. :P DH bought the boys those Easter Baskets that come wrapped up with toys following a theme, which hit the mark with all 3 of them as he got oldest one a football related basket, Middle Pirate a Snoopy basket and the littlest one got a Peter Cottontail one.  He also got me a pirate related one for fun but the littlest pirate is having fun as well with the foam sword and plastic hook.

But lordy do they have a lot of plastic, and then there's the wrappings of the candy they got in the eggs hidden by the church and DH.

Honestly, I never minded that because it always reminds me of the joy we had. Even when we have a party and we find a wine glass left on the entertainment center, a fork under a plant in the dining room, or even a couple of candy wrappers in the sofa. Yes, even when the kids were little, after birthday parties, it was fun. Recycling is a good thing, and I don't mind the tedium of squashing and cutting it up.

I don't even mind repacking the seasonal decorations - like today! - because I am still thinking of the joy and preparing for the next-  Flags all summer.

Shalamar

« Reply #15713 on: April 21, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »
Conversations like this one:

Co-worker friend:   How was your weekend?
Me:  Not bad, but we got some bad news.  A relative of (Husband's) died -
Co-worker friend:  Oh yeah, I had the same thing happen - a very distant drinking buddy whom I hardly knew died on the weekend, and the funeral is today, but I can't go because I'm too busy, and I barely knew her anyway, and what would I tell the parents if they asked how I knew her?  "She and I used to get wasted and I tried to get her in the sack once"?  Awkward.  Anyway, gotta go.  *walks away*

... I guess MY story can wait, then.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15714 on: April 21, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »

Honestly, I never minded that because it always reminds me of the joy we had. Even when we have a party and we find a wine glass left on the entertainment center, a fork under a plant in the dining room, or even a couple of candy wrappers in the sofa. Yes, even when the kids were little, after birthday parties, it was fun. Recycling is a good thing, and I don't mind the tedium of squashing and cutting it up.

I don't even mind repacking the seasonal decorations - like today! - because I am still thinking of the joy and preparing for the next-  Flags all summer.

I don't mind the decorations or plastic eggs, just the candy wrappers as my older two boys are old enough to know that candy wrappers go in the trash, not on random surfaces of the house. They try to say "Littlest Pirate did it!" I can believe that of surfaces he can easily reach like when I find them on the floor, a chair or a low table, but when they're left in a place he has to stretch to reach? Um, no.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #15715 on: April 21, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »
Conversations like this one:

Co-worker friend:   How was your weekend?
Me:  Not bad, but we got some bad news.  A relative of (Husband's) died -
Co-worker friend:  Oh yeah, I had the same thing happen - a very distant drinking buddy whom I hardly knew died on the weekend, and the funeral is today, but I can't go because I'm too busy, and I barely knew her anyway, and what would I tell the parents if they asked how I knew her?  "She and I used to get wasted and I tried to get her in the sack once"?  Awkward.  Anyway, gotta go.  *walks away*

... I guess MY story can wait, then.

I had a co-worker who was so bad about things like this that I used to mentally time "How long until CJ turns the conversation to her relatives?"
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15716 on: April 21, 2014, 01:52:01 PM »
When our next door neighbor parks in front of our house instead of theirs.  It was just as well, as I realized it probably did make more sense to park in the grassy spot behind our backyard. 

But while our yard is narrow, it's long and the little guy tripped and scraped his hand and by the time we got up to the front of the house (with me having to hold my drink, his drink, my purse and his little pirate lunch box and the handle while trying to get him to not touch anything else) they'd moved in front of their house.  ::)

Really it's just one of those days where little things have been annoying me more than usual due to not sleeping well.  I realize it could be someone had parked in their spot so they'd parked in ours but by the time we got home the person in their spot had left.

So I'm not so much annoyed at neighbor as just the timing of things, really.

Hillia

« Reply #15717 on: April 21, 2014, 03:00:15 PM »
Unless you are a rare, extremely talented person, the poetry you wrote at 17 does not need to  be resurrected now on your FB page for all to marvel at, even if your grandma did pay to have it bound into a book at the copy store.

BIL fishing for his weekly dose of attention.   ::)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15718 on: April 21, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »
A college student hit another parked car on her way back to class on the last class day of the semester.

Did she stop? Report it to campus police? Leave a note on the car she hit?

No to all three questions.

Two other students saw it happen, got her tag number and that of the car that was hit. They came into our office to call the police and make a report. Someone is not going to have a good day.

Alli8098

« Reply #15719 on: April 21, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »
Drivers on a 75mph interstate that drive under the speed limit when there are signs posted that there is no minimum speed.  In the state I live in laws have been enacted to actually ticket people who do this when you are on sections of the interstate that are only two lane to prevent road rage incidents.  Don't know if it does reduce it or not, but I do get miffed when stuck behind someone going 60 in a 75 zone.