Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1618572 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15720 on: April 21, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
Unless you are a rare, extremely talented person, the poetry you wrote at 17 does not need to  be resurrected now on your FB page for all to marvel at, even if your grandma did pay to have it bound into a book at the copy store.

BIL fishing for his weekly dose of attention.   ::)
Was it full of Angst?  Most teenage poetry is.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Adelaide

« Reply #15721 on: April 21, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
My good friend since kindergarten and I ended things on a sour note. I unfriended and blocked her on Facebook, as I am fine with not ever speaking to her again, and now I have all of these random people from her university trying to add me as well as friends of hers I either unfriended or were never friends with to begin with. If you want to cut me out of your life, do it. But don't try to creep me on social media through third parties and have your mother try to engage mine in conversation when they barely spoke before.  I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

cabbageweevil

« Reply #15722 on: April 22, 2014, 09:18:44 AM »
People telling me that a spider is not an animal; that is the first time I have had that argument this month...it is the third.

I being slightly arachnophobic -- am wondering whether the people you mention, were coming from the mistaken premise that animal = mammal; or considered spiders to be loathsome entities from the seventh circle of the nether regions; or some of each?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15723 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
My good friend since kindergarten and I ended things on a sour note. I unfriended and blocked her on Facebook, as I am fine with not ever speaking to her again, and now I have all of these random people from her university trying to add me as well as friends of hers I either unfriended or were never friends with to begin with. If you want to cut me out of your life, do it. But don't try to creep me on social media through third parties and have your mother try to engage mine in conversation when they barely spoke before.  I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

Ah, flying monkeys?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15724 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
I recently found out I have mild arthritis in both knees, and the ortho recommended exercise. As in either a stationary bike, or elliptical, and as I am a former competitive swimmer, swimming. So I looked at the Y near my house, and the one near my office, to see how much, what they offer, etc.

The driving me up the wall part is the majority of the aqua and other fitness classes are held during the day, with very few after working hours. Now if there were enough offered, at times that would work for me, I might have joined and made the effort. But as there aren't, I'm back to square one. I have 2 jobs and work about 60 hours a week, so I have limited time as it is, which also makes it tough.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15725 on: April 22, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »
^ Yes, the assumption that all women are stay at home soccer moms who can come to classes during the day. Another reason why we don't have a YMCA membership.

I found a notice on my door yesterday that our fire system sprinkler heads must be replaced on Wednesday. All furniture must be moved to allow a 3 foot opening around the sprinkler head so ladders can be placed.

We have 15 sprinkler heads in our townhouse. One is at the edge of our bed. Our king sized bed that can't be moved without being more in the way. DH had to take the day off since the complex has the hours of replacement from 9 AM to 6 PM.

Hillia

« Reply #15726 on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
I recently found out I have mild arthritis in both knees, and the ortho recommended exercise. As in either a stationary bike, or elliptical, and as I am a former competitive swimmer, swimming. So I looked at the Y near my house, and the one near my office, to see how much, what they offer, etc.

The driving me up the wall part is the majority of the aqua and other fitness classes are held during the day, with very few after working hours. Now if there were enough offered, at times that would work for me, I might have joined and made the effort. But as there aren't, I'm back to square one. I have 2 jobs and work about 60 hours a week, so I have limited time as it is, which also makes it tough.

When DS was in elementary school, finding programs for school breaks was a major hassle.  I'd see an announcement of a great drama class, or art camp, or cooking camp...held from 10-noon on Tuesday/Thursday.  Doesn't really help.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #15727 on: April 22, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
This is Florida, it rains. Deal with it.

Sounds like Seattle :)

And Portland. It's dry in the summer, sure, but every stinkin' year when the first, completely predictable big rain hits in the fall drivers lose their minds.

"AIIIEEEEE! There's water falling from the sky! We're all doomed! My only chance of survival is to drive like a moron!"

Actual quote. Probably.

Change that to "frozen water" and it sounds like all the drivers in Minnesota during the first few snowfalls of the season.  And the last few snowfalls of the season.  And some of the snowfalls in between, too.  I'm pretty sure not that many people move to Minnesota in the spring/summer/fall, so my only explanation is that some residents of Minnesota successfully block out all memory of winter, and are incredibly surprised when it rolls around again.

Well, Minnesotans are also the ones who gleefully put on pants and tank tops on 40-degree days when the sun is out. I'm convinced we all just have short memories up here.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #15728 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:14 PM »
People telling me that a spider is not an animal; that is the first time I have had that argument this month...it is the third.

I being slightly arachnophobic -- am wondering whether the people you mention, were coming from the mistaken premise that animal = mammal; or considered spiders to be loathsome entities from the seventh circle of the nether regions; or some of each?

I thought that maybe they thought the animal = mammal thing, so I said as much...but two of them still argued.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Adelaide

« Reply #15729 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »
I just drank an Amp Energy Drink called "Focus" that was distinguished from the others because it was supposed to be good when performing tasks that required a lot of mental energy. I promptly fell asleep for three hours. Thanks, Amp.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15730 on: April 22, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
If you wear a dress that is short enough when walking that you feel you have to constantly tug it, then it is too short! This dress was about professional ice skater length.

squeakers

« Reply #15731 on: April 22, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
That when I open the door to let 3 dogs out... 3* cats try to get outside too.  Or if we are bringing in groceries at least 1 cat will dart out as we come in. It's Spring! And there is grass to be eaten! Yeah, you guys are cats not cows!

I've let 2 out on a leash and 2 get to roam (neither go far in the yard). Only 1 of them actually likes to be outside.  The other 3 are like "mmm, grass ... eeks, leaves blew and birds flew.. lemme back inside, nao!" And then 5 minutes later...

And they are turning their noses up at the cat grass we grew for them in a pot because outside grass is so much better.  I bet with real sunlight vs grow lights that it does taste sweeter but quit tripping us!

*number 4 doesn't try to bum rush us at the door.  She just mews to be let out.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15732 on: April 22, 2014, 07:32:01 PM »
That when I open the door to let 3 dogs out... 3* cats try to get outside too.  Or if we are bringing in groceries at least 1 cat will dart out as we come in. It's Spring! And there is grass to be eaten! Yeah, you guys are cats not cows!

I've let 2 out on a leash and 2 get to roam (neither go far in the yard). Only 1 of them actually likes to be outside.  The other 3 are like "mmm, grass ... eeks, leaves blew and birds flew.. lemme back inside, nao!" And then 5 minutes later...

And they are turning their noses up at the cat grass we grew for them in a pot because outside grass is so much better.  I bet with real sunlight vs grow lights that it does taste sweeter but quit tripping us!

*number 4 doesn't try to bum rush us at the door.  She just mews to be let out.

We have a couple kitties that like to try and get out too so we have to be right quick in closing the door and not leaving it open long. That and in the winter we try to close it quickly after getting in because we have parakeets in the living room and I don't want them catching a draft.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

audhs

« Reply #15733 on: April 22, 2014, 07:42:18 PM »
When I mention having to buy something for the kids and my mother says "it must be nice to afford to do that".  Recently my oldest out grew all her shoes, so I had to buy her rain boots and two pairs of sneakers (outdoor and indoor )

Sigh, yes it is nice I suppose, but really what else was I going to do have her curl her toes? Cut holes in the ends?

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #15734 on: April 22, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
Seedless grapes that aren't really seedless.  I mean, sure, the seeds are smaller than the seeds in non-seedless grapes, but I still don't like to crunch on anything hard when I'm eating grapes.  :-\
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.