Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1789722 times)

turtleIScream

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15765 on: April 24, 2014, 07:31:32 AM »
When kids want you to see something so they shove it directly in front of your eyes, sometimes touching the end of your nose.  Thankfully my older two have learned this drives mom up the wall (I would refuse to look at it until they handed it to me politely) but the Youngest Pirate has taken up this habit of shoving something directly in front of my eyes and saying "LOOK!" and then throws a temper tantrum when I push his arm away so that I can properly see what I'm supposed to be looking at.

*sigh* Two year olds...

I am so sorry my son decided to moonlight as your son, too.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15766 on: April 24, 2014, 07:45:26 AM »
When kids want you to see something so they shove it directly in front of your eyes, sometimes touching the end of your nose.  Thankfully my older two have learned this drives mom up the wall (I would refuse to look at it until they handed it to me politely) but the Youngest Pirate has taken up this habit of shoving something directly in front of my eyes and saying "LOOK!" and then throws a temper tantrum when I push his arm away so that I can properly see what I'm supposed to be looking at.

*sigh* Two year olds...

I am so sorry my son decided to moonlight as your son, too.

I suspect we're all sharing kids and husbands without knowing it. :)  Either the Time Turners didn't really get all destroyed or there are a lot more blue call boxes out there. ;)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15767 on: April 24, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »

Truly - how does one NOT see a bright gold ute???

Redsoil, darling, this is Oz. A country where people can drive along a perfectly straight road and crash into a road-train and claim "I didn't see it", and a magistrate believes them.

It's the same people who hit a stopped full size, transit style (flat front), neon yellow school bus with it's red flashing lights and stop sign and say they "didn't see it"...or firetruck, or ambulance, or police car with full lights and sirens.

No one has managed to hit the bright red mid-sized SUV I drive, but only because I have the ability and skills to go off road when needed. I have had to do that one too many times. For Mother's Day, I am getting flashing LED lights in all my side and corner marker lamps and a switch on the dash to activate them. Let's hope that helps.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15768 on: April 24, 2014, 08:20:39 AM »
I had a bright orange car, but it was a small compact. People seemed to gravitate towards hitting it--you would not believe the number of times I was almost backed in to. I refused to drive it in busy metro areas because I was afraid people wouldn't see it in their blind spots, and it was a light car too, so I feared being  bumped right off the road. It was extra great when the horn went out.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15769 on: April 24, 2014, 08:32:49 AM »
A coworker said to me this morning "Why are you here so early?".

I generally work 8-5, but I drop off DS at 7 and then drive straight here most days, so I am in 20-25 minutes early. Every day. She doesn't generally come out of her office in the morning, and I don't always walk to where her office is. It just annoyed me.

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #15770 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »
Posting to this forum from my tablet. I use the swipe-type keyboard on my tablet.  It's generally quite good about recognising the ends of words and putting in spaces without me having to use the spacebar. For some reason,  on EHell - not on my email, or any other forum,  or any text based app - it runs all the words together with no spaces.

Iknowit'snot seriousbutitannoysme. See?

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15771 on: April 24, 2014, 08:56:37 AM »
A coworker said to me this morning "Why are you here so early?".

I generally work 8-5, but I drop off DS at 7 and then drive straight here most days, so I am in 20-25 minutes early. Every day. She doesn't generally come out of her office in the morning, and I don't always walk to where her office is. It just annoyed me.

I had to give a presentation to our satellite office in the UK this morning at 6 a.m. (noon their time) which meant I had to get up an hour earlier to get here on time. When I signed in to my e-mail, I had a message from the coordinator asking if they could push back the presentation time 20-30 minutes because they were in a meeting prior. I received it at 3:20 a.m. my time. :P

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15772 on: April 24, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
People who Capitalize Every Word.

Mal

« Reply #15773 on: April 24, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
People who Capitalize Every Word.

And on that note people who refuse to use punctuation ever I mean whats that even about

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15774 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:51 AM »
I know it's been brought up here, but I cAn'T bElIeVe ThErE aRe StIlLl PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS.

Mal

« Reply #15775 on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »
I know it's been brought up here, but I cAn'T bElIeVe ThErE aRe StIlLl PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS.

And call me jaded, but people who reply to those posts by saying "o m g ru4rlz lol kthxby" are no better.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15776 on: April 24, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
I have an acquaintance who is older than me, a stay at home mom and has two children. She, in attempt to be "hip", always types in txt spk. Even in email, on social media and in documents. No.

Cherry91

« Reply #15777 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:01 AM »

And call me jaded, but people who reply to those posts by saying "o m g ru4rlz lol kthxby" are no better.

There's someone on one of my online groups that uses kisses like punctuation.

It drives the rest of the group crazy x She's 25 x and therefore old enough to know better x and sometimes its super inappropriate to the topics being discussed x

nayberry

« Reply #15778 on: April 24, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »

It drives the rest of the group crazy x She's 25 x and therefore old enough to know better x and sometimes its super inappropriate to the topics being discussed x

i'll use "kthxbai" when i'm sarky on twitter :)  i can't stand the CraZY TYpiNg!!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #15779 on: April 24, 2014, 11:06:33 AM »

i'll use "kthxbai" when i'm sarky on twitter :)  i can't stand the CraZY TYpiNg!!

For the record, when I was first on the internets (back when there was only one, electrons were carried between computers by carrier pigeon, and AOL charged by the hour), TyPiNg LiKe ThIs was called "Torgo Talk" after the it's-so-bad-it's-awesome movie Manos, The Hand of Fate.  The character Torgo had a strange way of speaking that, well, bobbled up and down much like the chat stupidity mentioned previously.