Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1564941 times)

Free Range Hippy Chick

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15780 on: April 24, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »

There's someone on one of my online groups that uses kisses like punctuation.

It drives the rest of the group crazy x She's 25 x and therefore old enough to know better x and sometimes its super inappropriate to the topics being discussed x

I know someone who does this on Facebook x It's bad enough when it's just her normal posts x Sometimes though it's a post for a society of which she is a national board member x So the party meeting the Prime Minister will be gathering at the House of Commons at noon x The posts about the funeral gave me the complete yips x

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #15781 on: April 24, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
Drivers on a 75mph interstate that drive under the speed limit when there are signs posted that there is no minimum speed.  In the state I live in laws have been enacted to actually ticket people who do this when you are on sections of the interstate that are only two lane to prevent road rage incidents.  Don't know if it does reduce it or not, but I do get miffed when stuck behind someone going 60 in a 75 zone.

It's not just to prevent road rage; people who drive very much slower than the norm on busy highways are actually a danger to everyone.

Okay, I do this when I'm driving to/from Home and Grad School (it's a very long drive along one interstate), but I have good reasons for doing so:
  • The MPH changes enough between 60-65-70 that it just makes much more sense to stay at 60 than kick it up, slow down, kick it up again, etc.
  • Often it's windy and curvy, so I feel a better handle on the car at 60.
  • At least in my state, unless it's posted, the understood minimum speed is 45 on the highway.
If I feel comfortable, I will go 70 MPH, but that also burns through gas faster, and I'd rather not use money I don't have to if I can make the whole trip on one tank of gas. However, unless it is absolutely necessary, I stay in the right lane, because it's made for the slower traffic.

The reason the minimum is 45 is that slower -than that- is dangerous. Driving 60 when everyone else is going 70 isn't really that dangerous. It's when you're more than 20 or so MPH slower.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15782 on: April 24, 2014, 02:40:51 PM »
Either the Time Turners didn't really get all destroyed or there are a lot more blue call boxes out there. ;)

Why are you talking about ME all of a sudden?! >:D

Today's aggravation: When makeup goes perfectly on one eye and looks like a small child did the other eye.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

nayberry

« Reply #15783 on: April 24, 2014, 03:23:49 PM »
Either the Time Turners didn't really get all destroyed or there are a lot more blue call boxes out there. ;)

Today's aggravation: When makeup goes perfectly on one eye and looks like a small child did the other eye.

and in that vein,  when my left hands nails look perfect and the right look like i let a blind leper with only one foot have a go.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15784 on: April 24, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »
I hear you, Fliss!  Would help if they didn't have their head stu...   um, don't get me started!
The phrase you are looking for is "cranio-rectal inversion syndrome." Sorry about your ute.  I don't know about Oz, but unless that is a brand-new vehicle, in the US such significant damage would cause the insurance company to declare it totaled. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15785 on: April 24, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »

and in that vein,  when my left hands nails look perfect and the right look like i let a blind leper with only one foot have a go.

This is why I stopped doing my own toes. I am not flexible enough to bend over and reach them, and i can't see that far down either. So I'd end up painting my entire foot, which annoyed me. So now I splurge in the spring-fall and get them done.

nayberry

« Reply #15786 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »

This is why I stopped doing my own toes. I am not flexible enough to bend over and reach them, and i can't see that far down either. So I'd end up painting my entire foot, which annoyed me. So now I splurge in the spring-fall and get them done.

my mum and i trade toe painting,  i'm too ticklish for pedicures

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #15787 on: April 24, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »

I don't mind the decorations or plastic eggs, just the candy wrappers as my older two boys are old enough to know that candy wrappers go in the trash, not on random surfaces of the house. They try to say "Littlest Pirate did it!" I can believe that of surfaces he can easily reach like when I find them on the floor, a chair or a low table, but when they're left in a place he has to stretch to reach? Um, no.

Similarly, if you're going to decorate the cabinets with your artwork and then try to credit your toddler sister, don't autograph it.   ;D

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15788 on: April 24, 2014, 03:50:07 PM »

ROFL!!! I completely sympathize with this. Completely.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Snooks

« Reply #15789 on: April 24, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
My version of this, when all your nails have grown and are looking nice then one breaks and all the others follow suit.  This is why I don't get manicures.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15790 on: April 24, 2014, 06:41:20 PM »
When people tell me "You have big hands/feet for someone your size!" Mind you, I haven't heard it much but that I've heard it at all. Makes me feel like a puppy not quite grown into its paws.  I really don't think my feet are all that big even.  Okay yes, I wear the same size shoe as my friend who is 5" taller than I am, but I don't think they look freakishly large.  Same with my hands. 

I did get the hands of my paternal grandmother's paternal line and I don't remember either Grandma or any of my aunts who have the same hands ever wearing nail polish.  In fact I know one aunt is a nail biter and my nails are kind of soft and as such chip and break easily so I have resigned myself to just keeping them short and using a buffer to at least make them look shiny and nice. I've given up on polish which is a shame cause I really like some of the polishes I've seen.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15791 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:42 PM »
I have a large frame. With 5% body fat, I would weigh 185lbs minimum, and wear a US size 14. I had size 11 feet until I had DS and they grew to a size 12 while I was pregnant. I have large hands, and moderate width fingers. I am 5'11" now, but used to be 1/2" taller.

I always scoff at the ads showing people dropping 10+ sizes on a plan with the "you can too" message. No, I wouldn't be living if I dropped that much weight.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15792 on: April 24, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
My oldest is going to be 13 on Sunday and I swear sometimes it seems a lot more apparent than others that I've got a hormonal teenager on my hands.

Example:
Me: How was your day today?
Oldest Pirate: *long sigh* Fine...
Me: What's wrong?
Oldest Pirate: Nothing...
Me: Come on, you can say.
OP: Nothing's wrong, why do you think something's wrong?
Me: Cause of that sigh before you said "Fine."
OP: I didn't sigh!
 ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15793 on: April 24, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »
^I only ask once.

The school district is looking to impose a parent dress code, which is definitely needed. The micro mini skirts and booty shorts worn by moms to volunteer at a high school? No.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15794 on: April 24, 2014, 07:20:06 PM »
Many parents who show up to schools around here do so in pj pants, dirty tshirts and no bras (for the ladies) or lewd t-shirts on the men.  One guy picked up his kid while wearing a shirt that said "I like (nickname for cat that also is used for private part) like a fat kid likes cake".  Really, dude, really? At an elementary school?