Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1737410 times)

Free Range Hippy Chick

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15855 on: April 30, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »
The latest version of the browser with the fox (can we name it now?) requires an extension to put the tabs under the menus, which is where I want them - I want the things I use all the time near the middle and the things I hardly ever use on the outside - and the forward and back arrows are now attached to the address box rather than far left where they used to be and can't be moved without it. The print button is where the back button used to be, and I know that in a week I'll stop trying to print pages I don't want but just at the moment it is frustrating me something chronic!

And where have my cricket scores gone?

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #15856 on: April 30, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
Mr_Deb's cousin is getting married next month. 

Despite my stepson being 23 years old, and having lived on his own for a couple years already, AND being Facebook friends with the bride's mother, sister, and brother, his wedding invitation was sent to our house.  (I am, however, cognizant of the fact that he wasn't included in our invitation, which is a plus.)  We handed him the invitation on April 4th, right after we got it.

He hasn't returned the response card.

How do I know this?  Because despite SS being Facebook friends with the bride's brother, sister, and mother, the bride's mother sent Mr_Deb a Facebook IM today asking HIM if SS was attending the wedding.

Now Mr_Deb is all ticked off that his son hasn't returned the response card, and SS is all ticked off that his father queried him about it, and all I can say is, he's 23, he's an adult, why are WE getting put in the middle??

catwhiskers

« Reply #15857 on: April 30, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »
People who think that because I work from home, I don't actually do anything and who expect me to leap at the chance to help them with something. Then they get annoyed when I say I have other things I need to do for the next few days.  ::)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15858 on: April 30, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
There is a local quick service restaurant that has good food at reasonable prices, but the manager has all the charm of a wet rag. I'm debating on whether or not to return.

lilfox

« Reply #15859 on: April 30, 2014, 06:44:41 PM »
Every afternoon, regardless of how much I've eaten for lunch and snacks, I find myself hungry to the point of distraction.  Doesn't matter if I'd had a light calorie lunch or a heavy, supposedly filling lunch.  Chewing gum and drinking lots of water doesn't help.  I feel like a bottomless pit these days.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15860 on: April 30, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »
Being blamed (or at least being held accountable) for things over which I have zero control. 

FIL is on a super strict diet, ate something he's not supposed to have and is now mad at me because it was in the house in the first place.  So I guess we're all supposed to be on this ultra restrictive diet.  We have modified our own diets to an extent but darn it, my kids like to get a cookie in their lunch and I should be able to have them on hand.  (I had them up in a really high cupboard and put away.  He must have seen me getting into them and found the hidey hole.)

One of my bosses turned in expenses minus some $$ receipts.  And it's my fault that I can't magically produce said receipts.  And while I do try to get what I can, I can't get receipts that were paid in cash.  He's grumpy and complaining now because he's not going to get reimbursed.  ALL MY FAULT people.
About your FIL. Before his heart transplant my cousin (in-law) Sam was on a very restrictive diet. So restrictive he and his wife cousin Chris were told their kids could not eat that diet because among other things there was not enough fat for two kids about to hit puberty.

For a while Chris and the kids would make the kids' dinner early before Sam got home. Chris was a teacher so that was easier to do than if she worked till 5. THey also set up 2 pantries. One with the kids foods one with his food.

This helped during the period of adjustment - so the forbidden wasn't in his face all the time. Once he got used to the new diet, and they found ways to  make things he ate more flavorful. The kids started eating with them again, their food was still mostly different. Sam said that it was his job to follow the new rules, if he wanted to live to see his kids grow up. He was playing with his 4th grandchild this weekend. Your FIL needs an attitude adjustment.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15861 on: April 30, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »
Every afternoon, regardless of how much I've eaten for lunch and snacks, I find myself hungry to the point of distraction.  Doesn't matter if I'd had a light calorie lunch or a heavy, supposedly filling lunch.  Chewing gum and drinking lots of water doesn't help.  I feel like a bottomless pit these days.

I'm like this.  Every afternoon about 2-3 hours after I eat lunch, I get HUNGRY.  So I've taken to keeping high fiber snacks around.  I'll eat some yogurt with granola, a cliff bar, boiled eggs, oatmeal, something.  Or my favorite is a toasted wheat waffle with peanut butter and honey.  But either way I eat, and I eat something filling. 

I go to bed late and wake up early.  I cannot eat breakfast early.  I eat breakfast around 10, lunch around 1, snack around 3-4, dinner between 7-9pm and another snack around 10-11. 

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #15862 on: May 01, 2014, 05:51:22 AM »
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I really hate it when a group of friends takes up the whole sidewalk and won't let someone who is coming the other way get through.  When I said excuse me, they told me to go around and looked at me like I was something they scraped off the bottom of their shoes.  Sorry, but I'm not stepping into the street after we've had a torrential downpour that filled the gutters with muddy water, and I'm not pressing myself up against the building wall where rude people enjoy sticking their used chewing gum!  It is not that difficult for one of you (meaning one of them) to fall back a step and move aside, let me through, then take up your position once more. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15863 on: May 01, 2014, 06:51:42 AM »

I'm like this.  Every afternoon about 2-3 hours after I eat lunch, I get HUNGRY.  So I've taken to keeping high fiber snacks around.  I'll eat some yogurt with granola, a cliff bar, boiled eggs, oatmeal, something.  Or my favorite is a toasted wheat waffle with peanut butter and honey.  But either way I eat, and I eat something filling. 

I go to bed late and wake up early.  I cannot eat breakfast early.  I eat breakfast around 10, lunch around 1, snack around 3-4, dinner between 7-9pm and another snack around 10-11.

I'm rarely hungry when I first wake up, and I'm just not a big fan of breakfast foods.  There are very few breakfast cereals I like and if I do eat them (raisin nut bran is one I do like) it'll be for lunch, not breakfast.  I do however like bagels but sometimes I'm just not hungry for one until around 7 or 8, and I typically get up at 6.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #15864 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I really hate it when a group of friends takes up the whole sidewalk and won't let someone who is coming the other way get through.  When I said excuse me, they told me to go around and looked at me like I was something they scraped off the bottom of their shoes.  Sorry, but I'm not stepping into the street after we've had a torrential downpour that filled the gutters with muddy water, and I'm not pressing myself up against the building wall where rude people enjoy sticking their used chewing gum!  It is not that difficult for one of you (meaning one of them) to fall back a step and move aside, let me through, then take up your position once more.

Curious...what did you say/do once they said that to you?
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

lilfox

« Reply #15865 on: May 01, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »

Unfortunately, part of why it's so annoying to me right now is that I've had to temporarily give up all nut and egg and related products, so my go-to protein bars are no longer an option until I swap them out with something acceptable.  I posted that after I'd had a midday snack of an apple, a banana, and more pretzels than one should eat at one time, and much like the Very Hungry Caterpillar, I was STILL hungry.

Today's complaint: I got a new car about 6 months ago.  Despite multiple chances to practice every day, I still cannot park evenly between two lines.  Every time I get out, I'm way off to one or the other side, sometimes even on or over the line.  I've taken to parking way off by myself whenever possible so I don't have to reposition every single time, but it's still embarrassing on a personal level.  I had my previous car since 1997 and was aces at parking smack in the middle every time.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15866 on: May 01, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »

Today's complaint: I got a new car about 6 months ago.  Despite multiple chances to practice every day, I still cannot park evenly between two lines.  Every time I get out, I'm way off to one or the other side, sometimes even on or over the line.  I've taken to parking way off by myself whenever possible so I don't have to reposition every single time, but it's still embarrassing on a personal level.  I had my previous car since 1997 and was aces at parking smack in the middle every time.

Hahaha - I've had my car about a year. Same problem. I don't know WHAT my problem is but 8 out of 10 times, its crooked. drives me batty.

mw8242

« Reply #15867 on: May 01, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
I got a new car 2 weeks ago and live in a town notorious for parallel parking and street cleaning. I parked last week about a solid foot from the curb. I also find myself driving so cautiously it's amazing I get anywhere.
I also went out last night in torrential rain and walked 3 blocks in flooded waters to double check the sun roof was closed....which I knew it was!

I'm driving myself up a wall.

GreenHall

« Reply #15868 on: May 01, 2014, 03:08:38 PM »

Hahaha - I've had my car about a year. Same problem. I don't know WHAT my problem is but 8 out of 10 times, its crooked. drives me batty.

My parking probably drives you both up the wall.  If I'm not out of the lines, I call it good.  Early attempts at fixing parking wound up in the exact same spot I started, plus I got tense about not doing well/taking too much time/being in the way/etc.   Yay for tiny cars that give me lots of space to fit in the spot :)

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #15869 on: May 01, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »

Curious...what did you say/do once they said that to you?

Welllll...to be honest, I sort of caved.  :-[  I moved closer to the wall without touching it.  I'm not that good at confrontation.  But I didn't 'go around'.  The only way I really could have done that would have been to get off the sidewalk, and I wasn't about to do that.