News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 25, 2018, 10:21:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5503919 times)

Piratelvr1121

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15885 on: May 12, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
I actually teach my boys who sang what song and then will quiz them to see if they know who sang what song.  They are able to guess the Stones pretty well. 

I do that cause as a teen, half the time people would say for example "Do you like Van Halen" and I'd have to admit I didn't know what they sang, but once the person started listing the songs like "Right Now" and sing a few bars, I'd say "Oh yeah, I know that song and that one! Okay yeah, I guess I do like them!"

We were in the checkout lane at one store and my oldest was asking for something after being told "No" and was saying "But I want it!" I told him "You know what the Stones say, you can't always get what you want!" The man ahead of me said 'Like they know who the Stones are..." but was impressed to hear that they did and could recognize their songs on the radio. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #15886 on: May 12, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »
Itchy mosquito bites!
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

PastryGoddess

« Reply #15887 on: May 12, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »

guihong

« Reply #15888 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:24 AM »
I finally sat down to watch Reign , which I'd taped last week.

In one scene, a character rushes into the room and shouts to another,"I have to tell you something!"
The other character asks, "What is it?" and just as the first one opened his mouth to say it, I hear:
Beeeeeeeep! "This is the National Weather Service issuing a Thunderstorm Warning for...."

As soon as the weather report ended, the second character said "This is awful!  We must act immediately!" (or something like that).

Augh!  I never learned what the first one said!  >:(

starry diadem

• διάδημα: The Glass Hat
« Reply #15889 on: May 13, 2014, 01:22:39 AM »
Speaking of the Rolling Stones, my 17-year-old daughter got a t-shirt for her birthday that's one of those faux-vintage shirts depicting the Stones' logo (the big open mouth with the tongue).  I said "Oh, I didn't know you like the Stones!"  "Sure I do!"  "Which song is your favorite?"  "Uh ... the one where they sing, um, words ..."

I'm just sitting here very very  ???  :o  :( :'(  at the Stones being on a vintage-style shirt. I am old.
Mysterious ravens go after local farmer's potatoes

ladyknight1

« Reply #15890 on: May 13, 2014, 07:15:30 AM »
I'm in Florida, so yes, mosquitoes are very active.

The young woman in military uniform who had great trouble with driving and as I passed her, I saw she was texting on her phone which was propped on the steering wheel. She flipped me off when I beeped my horn.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #15891 on: May 13, 2014, 07:39:58 AM »
Last friday my husband said that he'd make some artwork with our son (1.5 years old) for mothers day. Om sunday, there was no artwork. No gift at all actually. I'm not saying anything because I don't want to be entitled, but secretly I had been hoping for a little gift. :(
And that morning, when I asked if I could sleep a bit late (so husband had to get up with our son) he acted quite annoyed about it, even though he allowed me to stay in bed.

That was my last year. We took my mom and sister out for brunch so he couldn't even fake that he didn't know the day. And I couldn't even make a big deal about it because the next day was his birthday (for which I had planned multiple nice things, of course.) A couple days later I got flowers delivered to work and a drawing from our 5 year old that said, "Happy Late Mother's Day. Daddy is a butthead."  ::)
Did you get it framed?

It's hanging up in my cube at work!

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15892 on: May 13, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
Speaking of horns, I'm getting so sick of the people on our street who do not hesitate to lay on their horns at any hour of the day or night.   It's often someone picking up our next door neighbors, as they have a car but they're both disabled and don't feel safe driving. (One has dizzy spells, the other very bad eyesight even with glasses) And that's fine but man do their rides have to sit outside and lay on the horn repeatedly?

Another neighbor will park outside his own house and lay on the horn.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

o_gal

« Reply #15893 on: May 13, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »
Itchy mosquito bites!

Poison ivy, which may have been in the bag of mulch I got at Lowe's.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #15894 on: May 13, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »
Itchy mosquito bites!

Poison ivy, which may have been in the bag of mulch I got at Lowe's.

We once got a bag of potting soil from Lowe's, which turned out to have either fleas, or flea eggs.  Within 24 hours, the house was infested, the cats were miserable... and it got much, much worse from there.

jaxsue

« Reply #15895 on: May 13, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
I'm in Florida, so yes, mosquitoes are very active.

The young woman in military uniform who had great trouble with driving and as I passed her, I saw she was texting on her phone which was propped on the steering wheel. She flipped me off when I beeped my horn.

Distracted driving makes me really angry. Sunday I was driving down a rather busy NJ highway and noticed an SUV that kept wandering out of its lane. When I passed it, I noticed that the driver, a young woman, had her eyes totally off the road and on her cell phone as she texted!  :o

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15896 on: May 13, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
The wheels on the umbrella stroller. Namely the front wheels. Every single time I want to go forward after stopping, they insist on going perpendicular to the direction I wish to go so I have to either lean over and turn it or rear the stroller on the back wheels and then set it down. 

Also, funny as it can be, chasing a naked, wet toddler through the house in order to get him to go down for a nap gets tiring after also chasing him clothed around a parking lot and walking to and from the park.

ladyknight1

« Reply #15897 on: May 13, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
Umbrella strollers are convenient because they are small and lightweight. I refuse to own or use one. We had a great jogging stroller that was great from 1 year on. Similar to the one in the image but bright purple.

I am annoyed with MIL for being a flake and prima donna behavior. We are done.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #15898 on: May 13, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »
Speaking of the Rolling Stones, my 17-year-old daughter got a t-shirt for her birthday that's one of those faux-vintage shirts depicting the Stones' logo (the big open mouth with the tongue).  I said "Oh, I didn't know you like the Stones!"  "Sure I do!"  "Which song is your favorite?"  "Uh ... the one where they sing, um, words ..."

I'm just sitting here very very  ???  :o  :( :'(  at the Stones being on a vintage-style shirt. I am old.

So are they!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #15899 on: May 13, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
Oh, they know they're vintage, they've spent millions on the preservation themselves!   >:D