Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1555982 times)

Adelaide

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15885 on: May 02, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »
I'm sick of being graced with the unsolicited assertion that boys are stronger than girls. And it's always said by boys who aren't as strong as I am. And then it's like "Oh, I don't mean me personally."  ???

KimberlyM

« Reply #15886 on: May 02, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »
4 people in my office drink coffee.  3 of us like it strong, one prefers something that resembles slightly tinted hot water.  Once in a while the weak coffee drinker will come in early and make coffee...you can see through it, it's so light you could read a book through it.  No amount of explaining that if it's too strong, it can be watered down, if it's that weak, it's NOT coffee seems to work.  So this morning I'm going to have to walk up to starbucks or suffer with this swill.  My boss is a cheapskate, so this pot has to be finished before another can be made, and since only one of us is willing to drink it, it's going to sit there all day.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15887 on: May 02, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »
4 people in my office drink coffee.  3 of us like it strong, one prefers something that resembles slightly tinted hot water.  Once in a while the weak coffee drinker will come in early and make coffee...you can see through it, it's so light you could read a book through it.  No amount of explaining that if it's too strong, it can be watered down, if it's that weak, it's NOT coffee seems to work.  So this morning I'm going to have to walk up to starbucks or suffer with this swill.  My boss is a cheapskate, so this pot has to be finished before another can be made, and since only one of us is willing to drink it, it's going to sit there all day.

A trip to Walmart for a second coffee pot is paid for by 3 trips to Starbucks. Put your name on it and take it with you when you resign/retire. Or buy a can of coffee so you can dump the weak pot and make the next pot with your own coffee in good conscience. Or get a thermal caraffe that will keep coffee drinkable for 1/2 day or better.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15888 on: May 02, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
Or get a single use brewer. We have had much more peace from ours at work.

lilfox

« Reply #15889 on: May 02, 2014, 03:31:32 PM »

Sounds like so little coffee was used in the brewing of the first pot that it wouldn't be overly wasteful if the carafe was dumped after the one coworker got her cup so the rest of you could get regular strength coffee (and not waste time walking to/from a coffee shop)...  Or you could all use it to "rinse out" your coffee mugs into the sink and oops, it's all gone!   ;)

RE protein snack suggestions from above - thanks!  I do like yogurt so should make a point of seeing if that's more filling.  I'm not vegetarian but unfortunately jerky is not to my taste.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15890 on: May 02, 2014, 04:40:49 PM »

We have a Keurig at work and everybody loves it. Everybody can brew exactly what they want and exactly the amount they want.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15891 on: May 02, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

We have a Keurig at work and everybody loves it. Everybody can brew exactly what they want and exactly the amount they want.

Yes but those cartridges are expensive.  I like them, but don't like them at the same time

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15892 on: May 02, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »
I'm sick of being graced with the unsolicited assertion that boys are stronger than girls. And it's always said by boys who aren't as strong as I am. And then it's like "Oh, I don't mean me personally."  ???

A little 5 year old boy tried that on me once.  Direct quote from him was, "I'm a boy, so I'm stronger than you!".  With his dad's permission, I held him firmly in place for about 20 minutes before letting him run around again.  His dad was falling over laughing and told the boy, "It's not smart to tell someone you're better than they are" when the boy tried to cry and make out that I was a big meanie and he'd done nothing wrong.

kckgirl

« Reply #15893 on: May 02, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »

Yes but those cartridges are expensive.  I like them, but don't like them at the same time

You can get one that lets you use your own coffee, which, of course, is much cheaper. That's what we do at home.
Maryland

KimberlyM

« Reply #15894 on: May 02, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
When I went to Starbucks with orders for real coffee for the rest of us this morning, the boss actually told weak coffee lady to knock it off...it's a waste because no one will drink it and if she wants it that weak to add water to the strong stuff.  Hopefully since it was him and not me this time this will finally end!

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15895 on: May 02, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »

You can get one that lets you use your own coffee, which, of course, is much cheaper. That's what we do at home.

Wha....!  What? Where? How? Details please!

Allyson

« Reply #15896 on: May 02, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Ugh, Adelaide, I hate that. For some reason, there's a certain type of person (and not always male!) who feels the need to inform people "well, men are stronger than women!" whenever any topic that even might approach women doing anything strength-related comes up. It's like a reflex. The same people often need to make sure we all realize "men and women are different!" any time anybody brings up gender equality.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #15897 on: May 02, 2014, 07:34:05 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI

Something like this. :) You can find cheaper ones (I personally use the CafeCup, you can generally find those in stores like Shopko or Target or whatever) and you basically just put in a scoop of coffee, close it up and brew like you would any other K-cup. It does take some tweaking to find the proper amount of coffee or tea, but the reusable cups really are convenient.
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

kckgirl

« Reply #15898 on: May 02, 2014, 07:48:37 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-Reusable-Coffee-Filter/dp/B000DLB2FI

Something like this. :) You can find cheaper ones (I personally use the CafeCup, you can generally find those in stores like Shopko or Target or whatever) and you basically just put in a scoop of coffee, close it up and brew like you would any other K-cup. It does take some tweaking to find the proper amount of coffee or tea, but the reusable cups really are convenient.

The Keurig My K-Cup is the one I have, too. It works like a charm. We can use the coffee we like and not have the huge expense of K cups.
Maryland

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15899 on: May 02, 2014, 07:49:04 PM »
I use the Melitta Java Jig. It has little filters, but that way I don't have to spend 5 minutes rinsing it.