Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1687501 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15900 on: May 02, 2014, 07:51:47 PM »
I've seen other brands at my grocery store (Martin's). I don't have a keurig or anything like it so I can't personally attest to the effectiveness, but I've heard from others they're effective.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15901 on: May 02, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »
Pulling up behind a person at a bank ATM and waiting while they noodle around with the receipt, money and card getting it all back together just so.  I thought ATM etiquette was that if someone is waiting behind you, you pull up out of the way before getting things together so the next person can make their transaction.

And a second one: At a fast food drive-up with just one window, when the cashier hands me a fistfull of change and the receipt and before I even have a chance to put it down, there's a bag in my face.  This restaurant has some of the nicest people but I always feel rushed.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15902 on: May 02, 2014, 10:05:27 PM »
I've seen other brands at my grocery store (Martin's). I don't have a keurig or anything like it so I can't personally attest to the effectiveness, but I've heard from others they're effective.

Where were you guys 6 months ago when we got a Keurig for the office!  I've spent over $1000 on k-cups

Adelaide

« Reply #15903 on: May 02, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »
The pizza delivery guy called and said that he was "here" when he was half a block away, so I stood at the door for a good 3 minutes before he walked up. Then he fished the sauce containers I ordered out of the front of his pants and stacked them on the pizza box. Then he didn't have a pen that worked because he'd crammed the cap on top the the wrong pen and it was stuck. The receipts were totally wadded up, also in front of his pants. I said that I couldn't tell which receipt I was supposed to keep and he hurriedly said that it didn't matter. I had to smooth them out while he went into the leasing office and got a new pen. That pen BARELY worked. When I asked if he could read everything (which was the write-in amount of the tip, total and my signature) despite the ink, he looked miffed and said "[Tip Amount]? Yeah, I guess," in a really miffed tone.

At that point do you really have to wonder why you're not getting a great tip?

andi

« Reply #15904 on: May 02, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »
Sports commentators who are incredibly biased against one team for no reason. (especially on a national channel where it should be neutral)

Jloreli

« Reply #15905 on: May 03, 2014, 10:27:33 AM »
The pizza delivery guy called and said that he was "here" when he was half a block away, so I stood at the door for a good 3 minutes before he walked up. Then he fished the sauce containers I ordered out of the front of his pants and stacked them on the pizza box. Then he didn't have a pen that worked because he'd crammed the cap on top the the wrong pen and it was stuck. The receipts were totally wadded up, also in front of his pants. I said that I couldn't tell which receipt I was supposed to keep and he hurriedly said that it didn't matter. I had to smooth them out while he went into the leasing office and got a new pen. That pen BARELY worked. When I asked if he could read everything (which was the write-in amount of the tip, total and my signature) despite the ink, he looked miffed and said "[Tip Amount]? Yeah, I guess," in a really miffed tone.

I'm sorry he had your food actually *in* his pants???  ??? No tip....back to the store to get replacement condiments....and while he's at it have his manager give me a call! Food in his pants? The mind boggles!

BarensMom

« Reply #15906 on: May 03, 2014, 10:34:45 AM »
Sauce containers in his pants?  Ewwww!!!

What drove me crazy this a.m. was a loop of radio commercials, all containing some sort of beeping or other car-type noise that had me looking down at my dash.  Very irritating and distracting.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #15907 on: May 03, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »

Where were you guys 6 months ago when we got a Keurig for the office!  I've spent over $1000 on k-cups

Does anyone in your office have Amazon Prime (free shipping)?  We found a nice strong coffee we all like (San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser) and have it automatically delivered once a month. A box with 80 k-cups will cost about $25.00. And Amazon offers 5 - 10% discount if you set up a subscription. Best thing ever!

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #15908 on: May 03, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »
Sports commentators who are incredibly biased against one team for no reason. (especially on a national channel where it should be neutral)

Tim McCarver and Joe Buck, I'm looking at you.  It's incredibly difficult to watch when they're announcing.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15909 on: May 03, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »
My coworker's complete inability to spell is insanely annoying!  I can only overlook "must of", "Ur", "suppose to" and various other murderings of our language for so long.  English is her first language, she was born and raised in the United States, and she has a Bachelor's degree, so I know she was taught how to spell! 

Another coworker is driving me crazy because she doesn't know certain things about the new system we have (or hasn't used that function in so long that she's forgotten what to do) but insists on "helping" people out when they have questions.  Two of us in the office are the best resource as far as basic functions within the system because it's all we work with during the day - we have no special projects or anything else to take our time away from using this system.  However, this coworker still thinks she knows best, even though by her admission she hasn't had anything to do with most of the system since January. 

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15910 on: May 03, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »

Does anyone in your office have Amazon Prime (free shipping)?  We found a nice strong coffee we all like (San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser) and have it automatically delivered once a month. A box with 80 k-cups will cost about $25.00. And Amazon offers 5 - 10% discount if you set up a subscription. Best thing ever!

Yes we have Prime and I do find deals, but we can go through 80 K cups in less than a week.  There are 10-15 people in the office on a regular basis and people often work overnight as well.  Heaven forfend we have a guest speaker, that's 20-30 extra people in the office at least once a week. 

Adelaide

« Reply #15911 on: May 03, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »

I'm sorry he had your food actually *in* his pants???  ??? No tip....back to the store to get replacement condiments....and while he's at it have his manager give me a call! Food in his pants? The mind boggles!

I think he had some sort of apron/container thing down the front of his pants-I don't *believe* the sauces were just straight-up inside his pants but I'm not sure. I try not to dwell on it.

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #15913 on: May 04, 2014, 08:29:14 AM »

Truly - how does one NOT see a bright gold ute???

Redsoil, darling, this is Oz. A country where people can drive along a perfectly straight road and crash into a road-train and claim "I didn't see it", and a magistrate believes them.

It's the same people who hit a stopped full size, transit style (flat front), neon yellow school bus with it's red flashing lights and stop sign and say they "didn't see it"...or firetruck, or ambulance, or police car with full lights and sirens.
About 20 years ago My Dad managed to drive into a tram.  He was turning right, and the sun was in his eyes. He didn't see the 20 tonne, bright green tram in his way. Luckily he only broke his wrist, but the tram company did sue him for damages. I believe he scratched the paint, his car was pretty smushed up.

Victoria

Smulkin

« Reply #15914 on: May 04, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »
The same people often need to make sure we all realize "men and women are different!" any time anybody brings up gender equality.

And those same people seem to be the ones insisting that *all* men do this, and *all* women do that, no exceptions.
 Because men and women are different... but apparently individuals aren't.