Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1778375 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16455 on: June 12, 2014, 04:03:51 PM »
One of our recent hires has been a trial to the patience of everyone she has dealt with.

She didn't even truly complete processing training, because she kept making the same mistakes. Local staff member is supposed to be monitoring hire and helping her understand the processes.

Hire is doing okay and has mostly conquered the three main processes. A completely new and different process comes up and instead of asking local staff member or myself, hire decides to process the new thing like one of the old things. Doesn't ask anyone. I find out after the fact.

New hire has the nerve to send a nasty email to myself, her supervisors and the big boss.

Big boss has laid down the law. Hire is to ask before processing anything new or that doesn't have a set process that she has been taught.  :-\

turtleIScream

« Reply #16456 on: June 12, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
My daughter has weekly doctor appointments, and it seems no one in that office has any understanding of how billing works. We have had a credit balance since November (confusion about our insurance deductible amount led to an overpayment). We just yesterday got a refund check for our balance as of April 30. Since I was unaware a refund check was being processed, I didn't pay anything for her May appointments, and we now have a past due amount. Fine; I went in today prepared to pay off the account. But, they haven't written off the insurance contracted discount yet, so they quoted me a higher amount than I actually owe. I refused to pay their higher total, they refused to accept my lower total, so they only billed me the estimate for today. In the end, I paid less than what I was offering, I still have an outstanding balance, and I am so ticked, I am considering disrupting my daughter's care by finding a new practice.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Hillia

« Reply #16457 on: June 12, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »
BIL is about to dislocate a shoulder patting himself on the back.

BIL is the managing editor of a a small newspaper.  Last Thursday, he posted on FB about a story he worked that really 'made a difference' and how journalism was one of the few ways you could really change the world through your career.  Read the story on Sunday!

On Saturday, a reminder to read the story on Sunday!

On Sunday, he posts the story, and yes, he did a very nice thing.  Someone contacted him about a headstone they found behind an old storage shed at the local cemetery.  For some reason, it had never been placed on the grave where it belonged, probably because the 40 year old account for that grave showed a $50 balance due.  The caller was even more outraged that the grave and stone belonged to a WWII veteran.  So BIL called the cemetery manager and arranged to have the headstone placed on the grave, and paid the $50 debt.  Yes, a kind and considerate thing to do.

On Monday, he posts asking how we all liked the story.

On Tuesday, he re-posts the story for people who couldn't read it the first time.

I know that he does this because he is really insecure and needs a constant flow of attaboys to get by.  It's kind of sad.  It's also very  ::) to have my feed littered with this stuff.  I'm starting to develop a cycle for his posts - in about 3 weeks we'll be due for another 'no woman will ever love me' posts, which will of course trigger the flood of 'Oh, you're such a great guy, you'll find someone'.  2 weeks after that will be an extreme post on a hot political topic, and 3 weeks later some sentimental glurge about his dogs.  Then it will be time for another humblebrag, and we'll start all over.   Hmm, maybe I could make it into a Bingo game?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16458 on: June 12, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »
I repeatedly post things because some social media sites only show people 10% of the content released by people they are following. I often won't see posts until my DH likes them, etc.

I see your point about the annoyance.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16459 on: June 13, 2014, 10:43:46 AM »
My daughter has weekly doctor appointments, and it seems no one in that office has any understanding of how billing works. We have had a credit balance since November (confusion about our insurance deductible amount led to an overpayment). We just yesterday got a refund check for our balance as of April 30. Since I was unaware a refund check was being processed, I didn't pay anything for her May appointments, and we now have a past due amount. Fine; I went in today prepared to pay off the account. But, they haven't written off the insurance contracted discount yet, so they quoted me a higher amount than I actually owe. I refused to pay their higher total, they refused to accept my lower total, so they only billed me the estimate for today. In the end, I paid less than what I was offering, I still have an outstanding balance, and I am so ticked, I am considering disrupting my daughter's care by finding a new practice.

This reminds me of an issue I had many years ago, with my then-insurance and my current docs. I don't recall the details, but long story short, they didn't take my ins. so I paid and then submitted for reimbursement. Which the ins co would then "discount" saying the affiliated network WAS accepted by the medical group. So i called umpten times, and was promised yes, we will look into it. I finally got irked, called the main number, told them I had a billing issue, and they sent me to a supervisor.

Who fixed the issue in 5 minutes. Then we discovered that while I had a credit I also owed money that was set to go to collections, since they were switching systems, and one showed the credit, the other the amount due. and of course, the two systems couldn't play nice together. Said supervisor also took care of that for me as well. In another 2 mintues.

Thankfully, that group now takes my insurance so there have been no further issues.

lilfox

« Reply #16460 on: June 13, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »
My good friend is hosting a gathering at her house this evening.  She offered to have anyone who wants come over early for dinner with her and her DH before the gathering, with the plan being to get takeout.  I'm the only one who said yes to dinner.  First I had to choose the type of takeout (Chinese), because Friend and her DH don't have a preference.  I choose a place I can swing by on my drive over, which is fine.  I asked her to text me their order by this afternoon so I could call it in with my order.

She texted back that they're okay with whatever.  Um, Chinese food has a thousand options.  I know what I'm getting, but I don't want to order for all three of us.  I should look at this positively because I can order whatever I want, but I can't right now because I'm too annoyed by having the responsibility for dinner being put entirely on me.

Sometimes I hate being the Designated Decider.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #16461 on: June 13, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »
I hate people who do this.  My grandfather is one of those people.  I would text back and say, "the menu has over 100 different options, please make a decision otherwise I'm getting you both X"

X being shrimp fried rice or chicken and broccoli.  Something that's completely generic.  Usually that gets people to make a decision if that's not what they want.

perpetua

« Reply #16462 on: June 16, 2014, 06:11:06 AM »
Having to do two loads of washing up because it won't all fit on the sink drainer. I don't know why it won't fit on the sink drainer - it did in my old place and I can't see anything obviously different, in fact this one seems slightly bigger, but now I have to do one load, dry it and put it away and then do the rest because it won't all fit. Grr.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #16463 on: June 16, 2014, 07:03:59 AM »
Waking up a good 2 hours before the alarm goes off and not being able to go back to sleep. Bonus points if there's a throbbing headache involved.  :P

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
« Reply #16464 on: June 16, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
Waking up a good 2 hours before the alarm goes off and not being able to go back to sleep. Bonus points if there's a throbbing headache involved.  :P

: (   I hate that.

When people say things like "well, I can't imagine why you'd do X that way, but I'm sure you have some kind of plan..."

I'm making some Burning Man arrangements. Basically, all of the stuff for our camp is stored in someone's home. We're getting a storage unit in Sparks so that we no longer store things in someone's home. I'm going to go out there in July to move the stuff from the Bay Area house to the Sparks storage unit. When I emailed the people who live in the home with the stored stuff, one of them said "well, I can't imagine why you'd want to fly out a month before Burning Man and do this, when you could just do it before Burning Man. but I'm sure you have some kind of plan..." Yeah. My plan is that getting off a week plus for Burning Man is hard enough as it is (which most Burners have to deal with yearly, and this person has friends that have this issue, so he should NOT be ignorant of it), without tacking on a few days to move stuff. Not to mention, if something somehow goes wrong with the moving of stuff, we've still got a month to figure it out, instead of figuring it out right then & there, because we have to be at Burning Man with the infrastructure on a certain day.

There is surely a more tactful way of inquiring as to why we're doing this the way we're doing it.
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16465 on: June 16, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »
I have a lovely colleague who is extremely self-centered.

A few weeks ago, construction occurred in our office building's parking lot. Some part of this was drainage work, some did not appear to be that way. After two weeks, they converted three regular parking spaces into additional disabled access parking. It is a positive thing for our building, as we frequently ran out of spaces before 11 AM, and most of the people parking there are students.

Colleague was away last week and came in today to find that "her parking space" is now a disabled parking space. And there are two empty ones today. How rude! This was all delivered at considerable volume.  :-X

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #16466 on: June 16, 2014, 03:51:20 PM »

I woke up about 4 hours before I was supposed to, but fortunately got back to sleep in 30 minutes. Except I woke up again an hour before my alarm and tossed and turned for 30 minutes before I went back to sleep.

Gee, I wonder why I'm tired today...
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Celany

• the soul of a cat, in the body of a person...
« Reply #16467 on: June 16, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »

I woke up about 4 hours before I was supposed to, but fortunately got back to sleep in 30 minutes. Except I woke up again an hour before my alarm and tossed and turned for 30 minutes before I went back to sleep.

Gee, I wonder why I'm tired today...

I woke up to go to the bathroom and thought that my clock said 7:47 (3 minutes before my alarm goes off), so I went to the bathroom and then started getting ready.

Turns out, it said 7:17. Sigh. : (
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. ~ Hippolyte Taine

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16468 on: June 16, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »
I wrote 650 words, submitted my work, went upstairs at 11:20 PM.

My DH came upstairs, looked at me and remarked that I was going to be crabby and tired. It was 1 AM. I don't know where the time went!

Allyson

« Reply #16469 on: June 16, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
When people demand 'respect' without doing anything to earn it, or even explaining to us why they feel they deserve this 'respect' or what that would consist of other than everyone doing everything they say....