News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 21, 2018, 02:23:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5486643 times)

diesel_darlin

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16455 on: July 06, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »
I feel everyone's pain on the job front too. I have an AAS that I'm unable to use at the moment because the economy stinks. I work as a cashier at a gas station. It's a job, but due to certain stipulations being passed regarding insurance, I'm only allowed 28 hours a week.  :-\

GreenHall

« Reply #16456 on: July 06, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen this here before, but it can stand repeating:  semis and other large vehicles that cannot quite stay in their own lane.  I'm a nervous driver, with a tiny car.  I thought I was going to leave fingerprints in my steering wheel this morning.

Betelnut

« Reply #16457 on: July 06, 2014, 07:03:07 PM »
After swimming and playing with my daughter for two hours at the local pool, I'm thinking, "That should hold her for awhile."  As we are driving home, "Mommy, what should we play when we get home?"

Nothing because I'm tired and don't want to spend every waking hour playing with you!  Sorry kid.  Plus, I need to do laundry, vacuum the living room and sit on my butt and read for awhile.

Kids!  They are SO insatiable!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

mmswm

« Reply #16458 on: July 06, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »
Teenagers.  Again.  They really need to get the concept of communicating their plans more than 2 minutes in advance.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

JadeAngel

« Reply #16459 on: July 06, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »
After swimming and playing with my daughter for two hours at the local pool, I'm thinking, "That should hold her for awhile."  As we are driving home, "Mommy, what should we play when we get home?"

Nothing because I'm tired and don't want to spend every waking hour playing with you!  Sorry kid.  Plus, I need to do laundry, vacuum the living room and sit on my butt and read for awhile.

Kids!  They are SO insatiable!

We're going to play that fun game where you sit quietly and watch a Disney movie while Mommy reads her book!  ;D

We're furnishing our new house atm which is both fun and exciting - however it also leads to those discussions where we're both standing there with a tape measure going - if the couch measures 270mm then it's going to block the windows if we put it along this wall, and it's going to block the door to the balcony if we turn it this way, but maybe if we sort of turned it 90 degrees - but then where do we put the TV, the rug and the reading lamp! It's like playing super advanced real-world Tetris

Why can't the walls of the house be made of rubber?  :P

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #16460 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:02 AM »
^Interesting concept, too bad I don't have the funds to build one for testing!

The excess of unimportant information followed by radio silence when there are things we need to know.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Carotte

« Reply #16461 on: July 07, 2014, 08:03:15 AM »
People who are too casual with timing when other people are involved.
I don't care if you want to be an hour late to the brunch, I care if you're making 4 other people late (because we're all supposed to leave together since there's only one car) and that I haven't eaten breakfast because I was supposed to eat brunch at 11, not 12:30 and me without food is not a good combination  >:(

Hillia

« Reply #16462 on: July 07, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »
When DS was in high school and still needed to be driven everywhere, he would drive me mad  with directions (or lack thereof).  'Can you drive me to Bobby's house?  It's at 5th Street and Main'.  Much frustration later, the house is located at 575 Broadway, near but not exactly '5th Street and Main'.  After a few repetitions, I refused to drive him anywhere without a specific street address in hand.

Betelnut

« Reply #16463 on: July 07, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
This is really little and probably good that I'm NOT getting what I want but...

Our library candy machine was not stocked with Snickers bars the last time the vendor was here to stock it!  I mean Snickers bars!  The most popular candy bar in the US!  Instead we get pretzel M&Ms?

I mean, come on!

I'm sorely tempted to stick on note on the machine scolding the vending machine guy but since the machine is in the public space, I daren't.
Native Texan, Marylander currently

nuit93

« Reply #16464 on: July 07, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
I lost my last job due to a bad injury, and even if I wanted to I can't go back to doing it. So I've been job-hunting for quite awhile. The economy truly does stink! I get advice from people, and while I appreciate their input some of it is ridiculous. My mom, bless her, hasn't held a job outside the home since 1951. She knows I'm a good writer and says I should write a children's book. Mom has no idea the horrible condition the publishing industry is in. There are a few success stories, but it ain't what it used to be.
It's frustrating!  :P

Best job hunting advice I was ever given: don't listen to anyone who hasn't had to look for a job in your field in the past couple years, unless they're hiring.  Parental advice along the lines of "don't spend all day on the computer filling out applications, get out there and GIVE them your resume!" pretty much ignores the reality that most companies do everything online--even some fast food places.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #16465 on: July 07, 2014, 10:41:30 AM »
My once best friend found out she was pregnant last November.  She just recently gave birth and while I understand that she is very busy being a new mom, I don't think a reply to my text about what supplies she needs is less important than the seemingly millions of stupid things she has been posting/sharing on Facebook.  I guess she won't be getting anything from me at all seeing how I can't even get her address from her.  I'm mostly just irritated that she can't even be bothered to respond; it's a clear sign, though, that this friendship is no more.

Luci

« Reply #16466 on: July 07, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
People who won't take "I don't know" as an answer.  If I don't know the answer to something, I'll say so - but that doesn't seem to help:

Co-worker:  Why did (blah) happen?
Me:  I have nothing to do with that system, so I don't know.
Co-worker:  Do you think it could have been because of (yadda yadda)?
Me:  I don't know.
Co-worker:  Or maybe it was due to (other stuff).  Do you think that could be it?
Me:  I.  Don't.  Know.

Argh!

Argh! Totally happens to me all too often. I guess I must know about everything in the universe?  :) Even when I don't know, I get side questions and suggestions.  I   still   don't   know!

siamesecat2965

« Reply #16467 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
People who won't take "I don't know" as an answer.  If I don't know the answer to something, I'll say so - but that doesn't seem to help:

Co-worker:  Why did (blah) happen?
Me:  I have nothing to do with that system, so I don't know.
Co-worker:  Do you think it could have been because of (yadda yadda)?
Me:  I don't know.
Co-worker:  Or maybe it was due to (other stuff).  Do you think that could be it?
Me:  I.  Don't.  Know.

Argh!

My boss does a variant of this, but its more that he thinks he knows what the problem is, and that's that. But in reality, more often than not, he really has no clue, but will insist he knows what the issue is, and make suggestions that have nothing to do with the actual problem at hand.

Two Ravens

• One for sorrow, Two for mirth...
« Reply #16468 on: July 07, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
My once best friend found out she was pregnant last November.  She just recently gave birth and while I understand that she is very busy being a new mom, I don't think a reply to my text about what supplies she needs is less important than the seemingly millions of stupid things she has been posting/sharing on Facebook.  I guess she won't be getting anything from me at all seeing how I can't even get her address from her.  I'm mostly just irritated that she can't even be bothered to respond; it's a clear sign, though, that this friendship is no more.

You could just check and see if she registered somewhere like Babies R Us or Target. They usually also have the address or have the option to ship it directly to her.

thedudeabides

« Reply #16469 on: July 07, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »

Or it could be a sign that she forgot or that technology failed and the message didn't go through. Have you tried reaching out to her in follow up or are you just cutting ties over a potential misunderstanding? Not that that might not be for the best since you think everything she's posting online is stupid. You sound like you're at very different points in your lives, since she's moving into the "having kids" stage and you haven't yet.