Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1566735 times)

Pinky830

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2010, 08:46:15 PM »
Oh and I have to be almost completely covered by a blanket when I'm sleeping.  No matter if it's 110 degrees outside.  I have to be covered.  And I pull and push until the blanket at my back is tucked in behind me, so I'm cocooned.  If it's not tucked back there, it feels like there's no blanket at all.  I can't have air touching me from behind =\

I do that too.  I have to have my head covered with the blanket in order for me to sleep.

If it's hot I'll be tucked under the blanket and have the fan going.

Oh, yes. Somebody once observed that my ideal sleeping situation would be 16 quilts in a meat locker.

No meat locker for me, but I have to have a bunch of heavy blankets on me when I sleep. I have a blanket, a quilt, and a twin comforter that I put on just my side of the bed every night, and fold up all in one big wad on the closet shelf when I make up the bed every day.

It's a problem when I travel, because there aren't enough of those dinky little hotel blankets in the whole hotel to do the job. I finally solved it by taking a (heavy) sleeping bag with me if we're traveling by car. I unzip it flat and lay it on my side of the bed.

I hate being this high-maintenance, but what do you do?  :(

GoldenGemini

• One of these days, Alice....
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2010, 09:40:39 PM »
When women (and it's always a woman) is eating something in a paper bag. Instead of taking it out of the paper bag and taking a decent bite of it, they'll pull up a teeny tiny piece of whatever it is to the edge of the bag, break it off and eat that bit.  Then they'll lick their fingers and go through the whole process over and over again. Just eat the thing normally and enjoy it. It's like they're so ashamed of eating they have to do it furtively in crumb sized pieces. I always have an urge to grab the food item and smash it into their face.

I do that because it's less messy than having something dripping crumbs all over the place.  I'm disturbed to hear that this provokes violent rage in you.

Yep, me too, KimberlyRose - much less messy.  Also, MANY health professionals tell people to eat like this, as you actually stop when you are full, and you feel full quicker, because you give yourself time to feel it, rather than just shoving the whole thing in.

Consistency
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup   - Demotivators(R)

GoldenGemini

• One of these days, Alice....
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
For some reason, it really annoys me when people announce how little they eat. Such as skipping meals, saying they “forget” to eat, announcing that they haven’t eaten anything all day (or longer), stuff like that. Especially women. It annoys me because one, I can’t do that, sorry, I do need to eat, and no way can I go for long periods w/out doing so. It makes me feel kind of bad about myself sometimes. And two, I feel like comments like that help to perpetuate myths and bad stereotypes about body and weight issues with women.

Don't forget the people (especially women) who take 2 bites of food and then say they're "stuffed" and that they "pigged out." 

Oh yes, how could I forget?? That one also drives me up the wall. I wish everyone would just keep their food/eating insecurities to themselves.

Sorry, I do both of these.  :-\  I really AM full after two slices of pizza, and probably regretting the second slice.  I can eat a piece of toast and be full, or have a small milkshake and I won't be hungry for hours, even skipping dinner because of it.  (I don't usually say I "pigged out" though, just that I am "full as a goog".)

I don't purposefully announce how little I had to eat, just sometimes I remember out loud "Crud Monkey - I haven't eaten yet today!"  I have occasionally started getting ready for bed, and MG will ask "aren't you going to have dinner?"  Completely forgot!  But I am easily distracted, and have a really poor memory - I attribute things I did yesterday to today.  I don't feel quite right sometimes, and the first thing MG does is ask what I have eaten that day.  Often the cause; as I think about it, today I have had a piece of cucumber and a SAO biscuit.  Not really on purpose, just not paying attention.  Yesterday, I probably ate quite a lot, although I know I had cheese on toast for dinner.  Tonight's dinner will be a roast though, as I am going out.  And I don't announce to others usually, and it never happens on a week-end, just while I am at work!  I don't really have a proper lunch break, so that contributes to me not getting around to having something.

If it helps, I am not a skinny person saying "oh, I can't eat that; I already weigh too much" - I am fat.

Consistency
It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup   - Demotivators(R)

dietcokeofevil

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »

Or he'll ask what we're doing, of if we're doing something a certain way, thereby forcing me to make a decision than he can then criticize.

My hubby does this too.  Or he'll say he doesn't care what I choose, but then he acts put out with the decision. 

Like tonight.  I was starting dinner when he realized that it was getting late, and he wanted to play WoW at 8, so it would be tough to get dinner, homework and baths done before then.  I told him that we had about 20 minutes until dinner was done, so we could get the kids baths done at the same time.  Ask him which he wanted to do and he said he didn't care.  So I said that he could do baths while I finished cooking.   But then he just sat there.  I offered to do the baths and he again says that he doesn't care and whatever I want.  Meanwhile dinner is 5 minutes closer to being done and he hasn't even started the bathwater.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »
He very loudly went, "Uhm . . . " then made this noise I can only describe as "Tch tch tch tch tchshshshshshshshs . . . tch tch tch tch tchshshshshssh ." then gave his answer. 

I'm a medical transcriptionist, and I have a dictator that does that.  It's bad enough when it's a regular dictation, but when it's a voice recognition file, the software picks it up and makes some very odd sentences out of it.   :-\

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Chinchillazilla

• SQUEAK.
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »
I'm another one who sleeps under the covers with a fan. I keep my winter comforter on the bed all year. I have to be under it even if I'm sweating like a pig.
No running with scythes.

kitty_ev

« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
Another one that grates on me- tea leaves at the bottom of my cup when I finish drinking. I can't stand tea leaves in tea, no matter how small they are. I'm at the bottom of the box of my favourite tea at the moment, and all the tea bags seem to be leaking tiny tiny tea leaves into the bottom of my cup. It's driving me loopy!

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
It drives me completely up the wall when someone in my family puts a dirty dish in the dishwasher when CLEARLY the dishes in there have already been washed and then I find this dirty dish as I'm putting away the clean ones.  BLECH!!!

claddagh lass

« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
This one makes me squeamish as well.  The sound of vomiting be it human or animal.  I can't stand the sound and it makes me cringe when I hear it.

McCutieBelle

« Reply #174 on: March 30, 2010, 10:19:30 AM »
I REALLY hate when people read out loud or try to read something to me... not sure why, but I get irritated.

Like at a restaurant, my companion may say "oh look they have chicken with greens and coucous, but also listen to this-grilled fish with spinach and a light cream sauce..." continues for 5 minutes.. then "okay what are you getting?" No clue, you didn't let me even think about it with your yapping and all... or someone reading an email or headline in a newspaper and then "oh see Bella... listen they say that they closed down the hospital" and then they start trailing with their finger on the page... urgh, I want to scream LET ME READ IT MYSELF!

:o
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

Ondine

« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:36 PM »
I don't like having my hips or my scars touched - I'm not sure why.

When some family members say "Oh,  you're skinny enough, you can have a second helping of dessert/whatever."  I may be skinny, but a second helping is the deciding factor in if I have an upset stomach or not.

I sleep with three comforters and two fleece blankets on my bed all year round. I love it when Perseus tosses the blankets off cause he's too hot, then half and hour later pulls all the blankets off of me and wraps himself up in them because he's too cold.

People cracking their knuckles, or other bones. I realize some people do this because it's more comfortable, but it just sounds painful.

When I buy something like pop or movie junkfood for Perseus and I: I'll buy him what he's told me he likes, and then the minute he sees what I have, I find out that it's also something he really likes. I actually do believe he does forget about certain things, and I do have good taste in picking, but it's kinda funny when I come home and find out he likes what I have.

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »
Why would you do that? Why?  ???

The watershed? Some episodes might be more adult than others.

Back on topic: I hate it when someone cuts the nose off the cheese. If there was a quarter of a round cake left you wouldn't cut out the centre. The centre is the best bit. It's rude and selfish to take it all! There's one person who does this and I have fantasies of serving him cake this way.

Peggy Gus

« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »
When people use the word basically constantly throughout their conversation. "Well basically", "so basically", I have caught myself doing it and have tried to stop it, but when everyone around you does it you pick it up and don' realize it.

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2010, 09:40:37 AM »
I hate when I ask someone (DH/my mom..whoever) what they want to eat or where they want to go and they'll say "Oh I don't care".

Yes you do! You care!

So I started saying "Oh okay, I'll just make bologna sandwiches".

The result is hilarious! They'll be like "EWWW! No! I don't want that!" and I say "Oh then why'd you say you didn't care?"

I do not see how hard it is to just SAY where you want to go!

ginlyn
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #179 on: April 02, 2010, 11:23:32 AM »
When people use the word basically constantly throughout their conversation. "Well basically", "so basically", I have caught myself doing it and have tried to stop it, but when everyone around you does it you pick it up and don' realize it.

Right. And I also get annoyed when people do what I just did - which is to start what they say with the word "right". It's grammatically incorrect for one, which bugs me, and I just don't like the way it sounds.