Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1560391 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16500 on: June 19, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
I would call or email them and ask if they can apply the discount to the existing order.

It's what I did after ordering the boys kilts.

knitwicca

« Reply #16501 on: June 19, 2014, 09:59:17 AM »
From Not Always FriendlyTry this beer!

Long story short:  guy offers beer to girl, girl says no because she doesn't like beer, guy insists that she doesn't like beer because she hasn't tried The Good Kind.

This annoys the daylights out of me.  Take no for an answer, dude!   (Personally, I don't like beer, either - and I've tried a lot of them.   They all taste the same to me.)

I am very open about being a recovering alcoholic with 20 years of sobriety. I don't drink alcohol. At all.
I hate going to parties, BBQs, out to dinner with people who insist "It's just wine" or "It's only beer." 
They have no idea the Hell I lived before I climbed out of the bottle.  And it is not up to me to give them a life story.
I also do not need their approval to stick with non-alcoholic beverages.  But they always seem to take it as personal disapproval if I am not imbibing with them.

Shalamar

« Reply #16502 on: June 19, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
My mother is a teetotaler, and she got so fed up with people urging her to have "just one drink" at parties, she started carrying around a glass of orange juice.  People assumed it was a screwdriver and left her alone.

Of course, it's very sad that you're considered odd if you don't drink!

magicdomino

« Reply #16503 on: June 19, 2014, 10:50:34 AM »
My mother is a teetotaler, and she got so fed up with people urging her to have "just one drink" at parties, she started carrying around a glass of orange juice.  People assumed it was a screwdriver and left her alone.

Of course, it's very sad that you're considered odd if you don't drink!

Club soda with a twist of lime works well too.  I'm a little surprised that non-drinkers still get hassled, though.  I can usually get away with saying I'm the designated driver.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16504 on: June 19, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »
^That's what I do when I don't want to drink. We drink, but one beer or glass of wine is generally all we have.

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #16505 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »
A non-drinking friend of mine runs singles groups in Meetup and someone who purports to be a dating Guru had an article to the effect that anyone whose profile says they're a non-drinker has to be a recovering alcoholic.

My friend doesn't like the taste of alcoholic drinks, so he doesn't consume them.  He has never been an alcoholic.

There is also the issue of alcohol doesn't mix with certain medications.  dating Guru never acknowledged that.

People need to get a grip.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #16506 on: June 19, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »
I bought a new bike chain & lock last week.  You twirl dials on the lock to make a 4-letter word, for example, LINK.

I biked down to the drug store this morning to pick up some small stuff - and although the lock opened, it refused to close again.  After struggling with it for a good 10 minutes, I gave up going into the drugstore and biked back home, intending to find the receipt and exchange the lock later today.

So at home since the receipt was not right under my nose, I fiddled with the lock and discovered that although LINK no longer works, it now opens and closes easily using LUNK.

It's only about a 5 mile round trip, and I suppose I should be glad that the lock didn't break while my bike was locked up, but...sheesh.  And who's to say that next time I try to use it, it'll then need to read LANK?  Or GUNK?  I'm going to have to return it.  Pain!

Snooks

« Reply #16507 on: June 19, 2014, 01:14:20 PM »
Someone at work has got a cough and doesn't cover their mouth when they cough. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and cough. Not  happy.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16508 on: June 19, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
A non-drinking friend of mine runs singles groups in Meetup and someone who purports to be a dating Guru had an article to the effect that anyone whose profile says they're a non-drinker has to be a recovering alcoholic.

My friend doesn't like the taste of alcoholic drinks, so he doesn't consume them.  He has never been an alcoholic.

There is also the issue of alcohol doesn't mix with certain medications.  dating Guru never acknowledged that.

People need to get a grip.

And not for nothing, if I'm dating and meeting someone, I'm driving. So chances are, I'm not having anything to drink since I must then get in my car and drive home!

BeagleMommy

« Reply #16509 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
Stupid argument #147 between me and DH!  As I posted in the "Good News" thread, I'm going tomorrow to take the Jeopardy test.

Mom and Dad are driving me so Mom calls to see what time I want to leave.  DS has the phone.  DH starts shouting "5:00 am, 5:00 am, you NEED to BE THERE at 5:00 am" then gets huffy when I tell DS to tell my mother I'll call her back.

Really, Mr. Bossy Pants?!  Why do you think I need to be there 5 hours before the doors open (I'm going to get there early, but not 5 hours early)?

Then he calls me out about "not practicing at all".  It's a 10 question written test.  How much does he think I can practice for a test that I have no idea what the subject matter might be?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16510 on: June 19, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »
Ugh. I think he is really excited for you, but pushing his nervousness and anxiety on you.

Good luck!

gmatoy

« Reply #16511 on: June 19, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »
When I am talking about taking care of something and the person I'm talking to starts to lecture me about the thing I've already done! Case in point: I'm organizing my sewing area. I said something about not buying anything until I sew down my stash. DH (but you already knew that, didn't you?) starts lecturing me about what I have and how I have to use the summer(when I'm not teaching) to get my sewing done, yada, yada, yada!

Argh! And if I even mention the things he should be doing...explosion!

I've been spending a lot of time looking at our wedding picture to remind myself that I do like him. Sigh.

mmswm

« Reply #16512 on: June 19, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »
I don't think this qualifies as SS, but as it's an ongoing irritation, I'll post it here.

People who block parking garage exits in heavy traffic.  I was trying to pull out of the parking garage at the hospital this evening.  It was rush hour traffic and the hospital is smooched between two major expressways.  The back up along this particular stretch of road is pretty bad going in one direction towards expressway A.  While expressway A is my preferred route home, given the time of day, I decided to take expressway B.  This meant I needed to turn left out of the garage (turning right would take me to expressway A).  So, there I am, turn signal on, wanting to turn left.  When I first approached the exit, it was blocked, but cars started to move a little bit.  Then this woman in a little red car looked right at me and pulled ahead, blocking the exit (as if to prevent me or anybody else from turning right).  The trouble is that at least three cars (me and the two behind me) wanted to turn left.  We had to wait almost 10 minutes for enough traffic to move so that she could clear the garage exit.  I don't even want to know how bad the back up inside the garage was, since there's only one exit, and it was shift change. 

Thankfully, the person behind her wasn't such a jerk.  I motioned to her that I wanted to turn left, and she waited while I and the two cars behind me turned out of the garage.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #16513 on: June 20, 2014, 02:05:11 AM »
Youtube videos with links to other videos plastered all over the video I'm watching. They're always inside the nearly invisible annotation boxes. I usually click inside the video to pause it if my phone rings or I have to get up, and it's IRRITATING to realize I have a new tab and have to hurry and close it or mute my computer while I do what I need to do.

My second youtube gripe is videos using clips with gigantic differences in volume. Thanks, I didn't need my eardrums.

Excuse my blustering. I had an unpleasant day and running into both above complaints sent me crawling up the ceiling!

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #16514 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:11 AM »
Probably said it already but going to a web page that has sound you can't turn off.