News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 25, 2018, 12:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5502783 times)

TeamBhakta

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16755 on: July 28, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »
When I pulled up to Walgreens, I saw my annoying co-worker walking in. I really wanted to avoid her, because she routinely pesters me with "Oh my gosh, what should I cook for DH Tom when I get home ? Do you think he'll want noodles and meatballs ? Onions upset him tummy, though. Here's more news about Tom's movie night preference and his presciptions...Do you think I'm going through menopause ? How sweaty do I look ? Guess what my medications did ?...Do you want to hear about the antics of my daughter's boyfriend's child or my neighbors for the millionth time ?" I took a different route in the store, tried to avoid getting in line in the same time and she still ended up cornering me  :P

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #16756 on: July 28, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
Humidity, because I sweat really easily and I despise being sweaty.
Who is the Doctor?

Elegiac

« Reply #16757 on: July 28, 2014, 11:28:12 PM »
It irritates me when I'm out shopping during a busy season (Christmas, etc) and the person in front of me gets their child to pay for his or her item with the money that he or  she has saved up- usually the parents encourage the child to dump their piggy bank on the counter and let the cashier count all the coins. I'm all for teaching kids to save their money, and having them use their own money. I've also been a cashier for a number of years, and there is nothing more frustrating on a Boxing Day, while trying to do returns and the like, to have an entire box of coin dumped on your till (no bills in sight) and have the parents stand there and wait while you count all the money.  I love it when the parents have the money pre counted, or help you pick out how much money is needed. I do realize it's my job to deal with money, but it's also my job to get customers through the till quickly and efficiently as well.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #16758 on: July 29, 2014, 09:01:45 AM »
The fact that I have to wait til ten AM to get food, because my aunt sleeps til then.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #16759 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
People who ask me to do something without telling me what it is they want me to do.  And when they do tell me what they want to do, they argue about why I can't do it for them.  That was a new one and is rather brain hurty.  I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to do the thing she wants me to do but doesn't want me to do or not.

Thipu1

« Reply #16760 on: July 29, 2014, 09:38:56 AM »
Finding a guestbook for MIL's memorial service. 

I thought I could just go into a card store and pick one up. I've gone to at least half a dozen places with no success. 

Silly me! The one store that carries them had two choices. One was 50 USD.  The other, nicer version was 88 USD!  I'm sorry but that's an outrageous amount of money to pay for a guestbook. 

We're ordering one on line but who would have thought such a simple thing would cause so much 'mishegas'?

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #16761 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
^Do they have them at craft stores? I think I have seen them there.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

MandiC76

« Reply #16762 on: July 29, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »
Right now, waiting is driving me completely up the wall, for 2 main reasons. My husband and I are waiting for results of a medical test that he had. His appointment is tomorrow, so it's not that much longer, but it's still driving me nuts. I'm also waiting to hear back about an interview I went on last week. What is making it worse is that I know they've checked at least 2 of my references, so I know they're interested in me. This is my dream job, and I really want to know if I'm hired or not!

Mental Magpie

« Reply #16763 on: July 30, 2014, 12:24:18 AM »
Finding a guestbook for MIL's memorial service. 

I thought I could just go into a card store and pick one up. I've gone to at least half a dozen places with no success. 

Silly me! The one store that carries them had two choices. One was 50 USD.  The other, nicer version was 88 USD!  I'm sorry but that's an outrageous amount of money to pay for a guestbook. 

We're ordering one on line but who would have thought such a simple thing would cause so much 'mishegas'?

Craft stores have them. For my wedding (in a week, eep!), we bought a picture album and some scrapbook paper. Instead of a guest book, we are having people write something fun on a scrapbook paper. After we get the pictures back from the photographer, we are going to pair the note with a picture of the person who wrote it. That will go in the photo album. Could you do something like that instead if you can't find a guest book? Share a memory of her then pair a picture of her and that person with the memory?

ETA: Sorry, didn't realize you'd already ordered one.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #16764 on: July 30, 2014, 07:30:07 AM »
I have a pinched nerve in my upper back.

I got a new computer at work and getting everything to run properly took 75% of my day yesterday.

People with no respect for the time of others and who do not check to see if people are available before making big plans.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

guihong

« Reply #16765 on: July 30, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
Going to Verizon to ask some questions about upgrading to a smartphone makes me want to unscrew my head from my neck.  Of course, we got a guy who talked to DH in 'mathy things".  It was horrible and I've lost my appetite for a new phone.  Why is it so complicated?

EmmaJ.

« Reply #16766 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
Going to Verizon to ask some questions about upgrading to a smartphone makes me want to unscrew my head from my neck.  Of course, we got a guy who talked to DH in 'mathy things".  It was horrible and I've lost my appetite for a new phone.  Why is it so complicated?

That made me laugh!  And it's also the reason I still have a flip phone. 

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #16767 on: July 30, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »

I have to go on Friday and do this because my (first ever) smartphone currently takes anything up to 30 seconds to respond, which is not so great when you're trying to unlock the screen and answer a call. DH and I have several errands to run in town so we're going together and I just know that the people in the phone shop will try to talk to him rather than to me, and will talk to him in Tech. This will not end well because he doesn't speak Tech - he has a smartphone but he freely admits that he doesn't know how to use it, and anything Tech is my job, and also, it's my phone contract, for my business, in my name and nothing whatsoever to do with him. I'm wondering about finding him a coffee shop and leaving him outside, for everybody's peace of mind.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #16768 on: July 30, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »

When I still had them, I would do all my research online first, to see what they had, what I could get, etc. Then I'd go in, and simply tell them, I want this phone, with these features and this package. They never liked me since I wasn't easy to convince to upgrade, or add on stuff I didn't need or want to pay for. :)

Sirius

« Reply #16769 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
When a non-fiction book title has the title and then what the book is about in the title.  As in, "TITLE OF BOOK: What the book is about".  I don't know why that irritates the beejezus out of me, it just does.  Just use either the title or what the book is about, you don't need both.

This irritates me:  I have a book featuring Doctor Who called "The Invasion."  You don't find out who's invading until a few chapters in, but right there on the cover is a picture of a Cyberman.  In other words, dead giveaway.