Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1692777 times)

Xandraea

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16770 on: July 10, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »
My clothes. Mind you, I'm not complaining, but I've lost 15 lbs, and some of my favorites, which used to fit me very well, and were quite flattering, are now hanging off me. And as I've had them for a while, I can't replace them. And can't find anything similar. Grrrr. Its mainly pants. Which are hard enough to find anyway! I've already donated two really nice pairs that fit me well at one time, but again, got baggy.

I guess there are worse things in life, but this is irking me right now.

This made me think of mine: Whenever I find a favourite of something, it is discontinued, or otherwise unavailable. It's happened with my favourite jeans three times! I found some at Eddie Bauer years ago, fell in love, went back for more. They were a "test run", which for whatever reason they never actually came out with for real. Finally find another favourite, not worn out yet, but the zipper broke. Went back for more, store had stopped making jeans. Amazing employee found in the computer 3 pair that happen to be my size, now marked down to $6 each. I was super excited. "I'll take all three!" They were shipped to my house, I tried them all on, and despite being marked the same size, none of them fit! *GRR*. Start anew the hunt for good-looking comfortable jeans. Most I found were upwards of $120. Not paying that unless they're *perfect*! Ended up at Walmart, tried on 20 pairs, found one that sort of works. Still miss my favourites.  :'(

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16771 on: July 10, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »
I'm about a week in to trying to reopen the stupid things again. I've had circular earrings in them for the past week. Circular so that I can sleep in the stupid things - I can't sleep with post earrings in, as they poke into my skull.

My lobes are still swollen and red and hot and painful. I take the earrings out twice a day to soak in alcohol. I *do* wonder how much tissue damage I'm doing by taking the silly things in and out a few times per day, as there is a pokey bit that holds the earring together.

What are the earrings made of?  My ears would look like this whenever I wore cheap earrings.  Turns out, I have an allergy to nickel.  I can't even wear stainless steel.  I have a set of gold hoops that I wear 24/7 - like you, I can't stand the studs digging into my head.  I can change them out for cheap earrings for an evening but that's about it.

So if your earrings aren't gold, try that.  But if they are, getting your ears checked out is probably a good plan.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16772 on: July 10, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
I seem to be losing weight.  Am I losing it in my stomach, where I really need to?  No, I'm losing it off my butt which was never that big, comparatively, anyway.  And now, all my pants that fit me fine around the waist are saggy in the butt.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16773 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »

This made me think of mine: Whenever I find a favourite of something, it is discontinued, or otherwise unavailable. 

This happens to me all the time. Usually with makeup, or other beauty products. I'll try something and love it, and go back for more, and its gone. and I have a heck of a time finding a replacement for it.

Shalamar

« Reply #16774 on: July 10, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
This kind of exchange when I'm trying to watch a show:

Husband:  *walks into the room*  Hey, isn't that the girl from Gossip Girl?
Me:  No, it's not her.
Husband:  Are you sure?  You know the one I mean - Blake Lively?  The blonde?
Me:  Hmm?  Wait - wasn't Blake Lively the brunette?
Husband:  No, the blonde.
Me:  I'm going to look that up.  *grabs iPad*  Okay, you're right, Leighton Meester was the brunette.   Annnnd I've just missed ten minutes of my show.  Argh!

(Thank goodness for PVRs!)

nayberry

« Reply #16775 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:33 AM »
genetic predisposition to growing dark chin hairs, when you're a female!! 

MrTango

« Reply #16776 on: July 10, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »

I have the opposite problem:
I get thick, long, white hairs in my goatee that grow three times as fast as the dark hairs.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16777 on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:59 AM »

I'm blonde.  I get these blonde hairs in my mustache and on my chin that are longer and coarser than any of the others.  I don't need to bleach but I do need to tweeze occasionally.
Ontario

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16778 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

I'm blonde.  I get these blonde hairs in my mustache and on my chin that are longer and coarser than any of the others.  I don't need to bleach but I do need to tweeze occasionally.

Same here! I get them on the corner of my upper lip. I finally gave in and started waxing the entire mustache off, even though you can't see it. I had held off since when i get my brows done, my skin is red and puffy, but this is fine. So I don't have to plan to do it when I won't be seen in public!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #16779 on: July 10, 2014, 02:53:44 PM »
I'm at work right now and something is making this horrible, high pitched noise (sounds like pipes when someone is taking a shower) and it's driving me nuts.  And apparently, no one else can really hear it.  A few people have confirmed they do hear something, now that I mention it, but it's just faint background noise to them.

So bonus points, I have the hearing of a six-year old.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #16780 on: July 10, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
This kind of exchange when I'm trying to watch a show:

Husband:  *walks into the room*  Hey, isn't that the girl from Gossip Girl?
Me:  No, it's not her.
Husband:  Are you sure?  You know the one I mean - Blake Lively?  The blonde?
Me:  Hmm?  Wait - wasn't Blake Lively the brunette?
Husband:  No, the blonde.
Me:  I'm going to look that up.  *grabs iPad*  Okay, you're right, Leighton Meester was the brunette.   Annnnd I've just missed ten minutes of my show.  Argh!

Shalamar, I didn't know you were my DH's second wife.  Only mine won't go look it up.  He'll just insist he's right.  Maybe I should download the IMBd app to his phone.

(Thank goodness for PVRs!)

mmswm

« Reply #16781 on: July 10, 2014, 05:29:36 PM »
Along the lines of clothing, I need new bras.  I'm an odd size: a really small band and a not-small cup size. The largest size I can find in stores is a 34DDD, and those are just too small.  I hate ordering bras, but I have several bras that I bought six months ago from a regular store that has a website, and I like them, so I might bit the bullet and order from their website.  But still, I'd love it if more stores would carry the larger sizes.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

KimberlyM

« Reply #16782 on: July 10, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Along the lines of clothing, I need new bras.  I'm an odd size: a really small band and a not-small cup size. The largest size I can find in stores is a 34DDD, and those are just too small.  I hate ordering bras, but I have several bras that I bought six months ago from a regular store that has a website, and I like them, so I might bit the bullet and order from their website.  But still, I'd love it if more stores would carry the larger sizes.

After a recent fitting I discovered I did not wear the 38D I thought I did, and need a 34F...I've yet to find one anywhere, apparently I'm going to have to start looking online and paying big bucks for them...no more $12 walmart bras.  :'(

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #16783 on: July 10, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

After a recent fitting I discovered I did not wear the 38D I thought I did, and need a 34F...I've yet to find one anywhere, apparently I'm going to have to start looking online and paying big bucks for them...no more $12 walmart bras.  :'(

Find a Dillards
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

CuriousParty

« Reply #16784 on: July 10, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »

Find a Dillards

Amazon. Bonus if you're a Prime member and can get free returns. But first go to a brick and mortar specialty bra store to find the brand/size combo you prefer. Once you have that solid, you can often buy NWT from eBay.