Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1857798 times)

mmswm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16785 on: July 10, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »
Along the lines of clothing, I need new bras.  I'm an odd size: a really small band and a not-small cup size. The largest size I can find in stores is a 34DDD, and those are just too small.  I hate ordering bras, but I have several bras that I bought six months ago from a regular store that has a website, and I like them, so I might bit the bullet and order from their website.  But still, I'd love it if more stores would carry the larger sizes.

After a recent fitting I discovered I did not wear the 38D I thought I did, and need a 34F...I've yet to find one anywhere, apparently I'm going to have to start looking online and paying big bucks for them...no more $12 walmart bras.  :'(

I'm a 34G. I've had the best luck at Soma.  They have a $50 bra that stands up to a lot of wear and tear, but I only bought 4 of them, and after 6 months, the two that I tend to wear more than the others are starting to show signs of aging.  *sigh*
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

daen

« Reply #16786 on: July 10, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
Along the lines of clothing, I need new bras.  I'm an odd size: a really small band and a not-small cup size. The largest size I can find in stores is a 34DDD, and those are just too small.  I hate ordering bras, but I have several bras that I bought six months ago from a regular store that has a website, and I like them, so I might bit the bullet and order from their website.  But still, I'd love it if more stores would carry the larger sizes.

After a recent fitting I discovered I did not wear the 38D I thought I did, and need a 34F...I've yet to find one anywhere, apparently I'm going to have to start looking online and paying big bucks for them...no more $12 walmart bras.  :'(

I'm a 34G. I've had the best luck at Soma.  They have a $50 bra that stands up to a lot of wear and tear, but I only bought 4 of them, and after 6 months, the two that I tend to wear more than the others are starting to show signs of aging.  *sigh*

Also a 34F. I've done pretty well shopping solely online at brastop.com. They're in the UK, so returns are pricy, but considering that their sale prices start at $14.50 CAD, and that there's currently a sale on until midnight on Sunday, I can afford to make a few mistakes.  (FYI: free worldwide shipping on this sale if you spend more than 60 GBP.)

I know I've mentioned this before, but www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits offers some resources for doing your own measuring and figuring out which bras fit you. www.reddit.com/r/braswap is a marketplace that might be helpful as well.

Frog24

« Reply #16787 on: July 10, 2014, 06:46:25 PM »
Perhaps it's more of a jealousy thing than a "drive you up the wall thing", but it really bothers me when my Asian friend breezily tells me she's done her once-a-year leg shave (of the 5 hairs that grow).  *sigh* Then I look down at my pale skin/eastern-European dark leg hair combination legs and wonder how things could've grown back so quickly when I just shaved that morning in the shower.

(Anyone else remember the picture of David's Grandmother in the Robert Munsch book "David's Father"?  Yeah, it's like that.)

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #16788 on: July 10, 2014, 07:32:13 PM »
I second Dillard's. I used to be a 32E, which was super fun. I wish I'd lived near a Dillard's then. My ribcage expanded when I had kids, and I've lost weight, so it's much less difficult to find my size now (although still not easy). I hate ordering online, too. I can have a perfectly-fitting bra in a particular brand, buy the same size, same brand, but a different style, and it won't fit. It's obnoxious.

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #16789 on: July 11, 2014, 03:47:24 AM »
This scenario with a parent(usually a mom) and very young child...

Kid: Mom, I have to go potty.
Mom: (Busy on phone)
Kid: Mom, I HAVE TO GO POTTY!
Mom: Just a minute, sweetie.
Kid: (has accident)
Mom: (Has a fit at the child and punishes them for their accident.)

Not abusive punishing, but basically scolding the kid when it's the parent's fault the kid wet themselves. Potty training kids can't always tell how bad they have to go until they're about to have an accident.

Every time I see it, I want to slap the adult!
Who is the Doctor?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16790 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:55 AM »
To the parent, perspective, get some.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #16791 on: July 11, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »
Haha.  I have a gem.

Overheard on the bus.

Kid: Mum??
Mum: Yes hun? (Busy on phone)
Kid: I need...
Mum (cuts kid off)...just a minute, I need to phone (name).
Kid: But...I need...
Mum: Just wait.

Mum then phones an assumed friend and spends 10 minutes discussing their evening out on the town.  Child by this time is crying with frustration.  I nearly was, too.

Kid: But I NEED the...
Mum (breaks off talking to friend): Look, just wait, OK?

Two minutes later:

Kid: Mum, I did a wee wee.
Mum: I'll call you back.

Mum at least in this instance did have the grace to look very embarrassed, and didn't berate her poor little boy who looked very upset. I felt so, so sorry for that little lad.  Sure, they were on the bus and probably she couldn't have done anything about it, but she could have at least listened to him and reassured the poor child.  :( 
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Shalamar

« Reply #16792 on: July 11, 2014, 10:54:10 AM »
I remember one time when my husband, kids and I were desperately trying to make a flight to Vancouver.    We were late leaving the house, and just as we were about to get into the car, my younger daughter (who was about 4 at the time) announced that she had to use the bathroom.  I said "Oh, boy - is there any chance you can hold it, sweetie?"  "I'll try."  We got stuck in traffic, and we ended up missing our flight.  After rescheduling to a later flight, I suddenly remember Daughter's predicament.  "Honey, do you still need to go?"  (Dumb question, I know.)  "Uh-huh."  "Okay, let's go!"

Poor little lass.  She was a real trooper.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16793 on: July 11, 2014, 11:17:18 AM »

It was the origin of my nom de internet last name. I had entered "daen" in the first name blank, and left the last name empty. It returned an error message: "Choose wiser. You need a last name." In my mind, I inverted the order of the two sentences, and I am frequently daen wiser when I wish to be semi-anonymous.

Love it!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16794 on: July 11, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
My small annoyance? Elvish. I am writing an LotR crossover fic, and I need elvish names for some of the warriors. This... is not going well!

And it is fated not to go well ... unless you promise to give us a link to read it!
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #16795 on: July 11, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »
Last night DH, DD and I went out to dinner. There was a group of people there, 4 or 5 adults, and a little (probably 6 month old) baby. They already had their food when we got there.

Near the end of our meal, the baby started to get fussy. They ignored it. Then it let out one of those long, piercing baby wails. Several times. People were starting to turn and stare. After the third or fourth one, one of the adults picked up the baby, leaned in, and...shushed it.

Yeah. They said, "Shhhhh!" to the baby...and expected that the baby would be quiet.  ::) Then the put it back in the high chair. Eventually the baby got tired, and its fusses got quiter, and then I presume it fell asleep in the chair.

They were still there with the sad baby when we left.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #16796 on: July 11, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »
I second Dillard's. I used to be a 32E, which was super fun. I wish I'd lived near a Dillard's then. My ribcage expanded when I had kids, and I've lost weight, so it's much less difficult to find my size now (although still not easy). I hate ordering online, too. I can have a perfectly-fitting bra in a particular brand, buy the same size, same brand, but a different style, and it won't fit. It's obnoxious.

I get my bras off the JustMySize.com website, and they've got a lot of different sizes and types of bras, including some bras with A cups, mastectomy bras, and nursing bras.  Every six months or so they have a sale on their Playtex bras, and that's when I stock up (50% off, usually.)  The only real problem I have with this site is that they don't have jeans in tall sizes, and I'm one of those oddballs who's too tall for the average but depending on the type too short for the tall sizes, so I buy the tall sizes and hem them.  I usually buy my jeans from WomanWithin.com.  WomanWithin also has a lot of bras, but the ones on JustMySize are cheaper.  Note:  I'm large sized, and these are sites that cater to larger sizes, but they both have plenty of bras in a wide variety of sizes.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #16797 on: July 11, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »

I get my bras off the JustMySize.com website, and they've got a lot of different sizes and types of bras, including some bras with A cups, mastectomy bras, and nursing bras.  Every six months or so they have a sale on their Playtex bras, and that's when I stock up (50% off, usually.)  The only real problem I have with this site is that they don't have jeans in tall sizes, and I'm one of those oddballs who's too tall for the average but depending on the type too short for the tall sizes, so I buy the tall sizes and hem them.  I usually buy my jeans from WomanWithin.com.  WomanWithin also has a lot of bras, but the ones on JustMySize are cheaper.  Note:  I'm large sized, and these are sites that cater to larger sizes, but they both have plenty of bras in a wide variety of sizes.

Justmysize is a no go if you are under a 36 band and over a DD. They generally don't have small enough band sizes for larger cup sizes.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16798 on: July 11, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
People who make statements or claims that are completely without merit and not founded on any kind of reality. Ugh.

Allyson

« Reply #16799 on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:16 PM »
Using the word "welp" instead of "well", to start a sentence. Like, "Welp, I guess that's it for today!" Usually done in writing. I always think of the word "whelp". Which is odd.