Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1693020 times)

mmswm

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16800 on: July 11, 2014, 06:23:24 PM »
When I say to myself "Oh, I have the perfect thing for the 'up a wall' thread" and then by the time I find it and read the new replies I've forgotten what it was I was going to say.

Stay tuned, because whatever it was aggravated me enough to open my computer and find this thread.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

creativecat

« Reply #16801 on: July 11, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - is it really necessary to yell everything you say to each other? And that one guy with the really annoying voice.

Speaking of voices - I work next to a woman who takes personal calls all day, has a gravelly voice (or just a giant spit bubble in her throat), whispers along with the music in her headphones - which is loud enough for me to determine the genre, drums on her desk all day (almost like a tick), is SUPER loud, takes over all the space in the office for her papers (paper hoarding), and just generally annoys the muffins out of me... no idea how I have survived working with her for 5 years. All my pet peeves in one... at least she doesn't eat loud.

Last - when people comment on my food. Good grief... mind your own business.  ::)

Hillia

« Reply #16802 on: July 12, 2014, 02:33:07 AM »
We have houseguests...DH's best friend from high school, fresh from leaving his wife, and DH's cousin, on break from college and bored with staying home.  Twice now, we have taken them out or suggested that they go out to one of the places to eat that we've found good.  Yesterday they went to a fantastic barbecue place, that also has great hamburgers.  Friend didn't like it because he interpreted 'shredded beef tenderloin sandwich' to mean 'steak fingers', because that's what chicken tenders are.  He also didn't like the home made peach cobbler because it had more spice in it than sugar - so it wasn't cloyingly sweet, like a Hostess fruit pie.  Cousin said that if 'the bleu cheese burger hadn't had so much bleu cheese on it he could have finished it'.  Cousin refuses to admit that he hasn't had/heard of something, so he'll order what he thinks will make him look cool, and generally not like it.  Which is fine, no one likes everything, but don't pretend that you eat <food> all the time and this place just isn't doing it right.  Tonight we took them out for Cajun food, at Cousin's request, and Cousin's crawdad po boy wasn't seasoned enough (he's never had crawdad before), and Friend didn't like the combination of fried shrimp, lettuce, and aioli on his shrimp po boy, although he likes all the ingredients.  I swear I am not buying any more restaurant food that isn't McDonald's until they're gone.  It's tough to enjoy some delicious food when the people across from you are making dubious faces and picking things apart.

Friend is 33 and Cousin is 27.  This would be bad enough from high schoolers, but these are (supposedly) grown men.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #16803 on: July 12, 2014, 06:51:46 AM »
It's Saturday morning and I'm up before dawn.    :P it just isn't right!
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16804 on: July 12, 2014, 08:04:19 AM »
The administrator of the clinic I work at has apparently heard comments that the Business Office "looks messy".  Instead of understanding that perhaps we need more storage space to get rid of the papers everywhere, she's decided we have too much stuff in the office.  So she's taking it all away.  So far we've lost about four filing cabinets, some shelving, and two tables.  None of us have any storage space anymore!  So now everyone has papers everywhere - and she's at a loss for why "it's still so messy in here".  Ugh. 

To be prepared for an upcoming craft fair, I need to make about 9 more batches of soap in the next week or so, so everything has time to cure before the fair.  Every time I plan to make soap, either something comes up or I check the weather forecast and find out that it's too humid.  I was planning to make soap today - according to the forecast, there might be a two hour period late this afternoon where the humidity is low enough that it won't cause problems.  It drives me up the wall that I have to plan my crafting around the weather forecast, especially when it's so inaccurate!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16805 on: July 12, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
As predicted, my DFIL is now upset that he has time for us, but DS has plans that overlap. I wonder why I even try sometimes.

Walking through the laundry aisle at Wal-mart, I got an immediate headache from all the clashing smells. Yuck.

andi

« Reply #16806 on: July 12, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
We have houseguests...DH's best friend from high school, fresh from leaving his wife, and DH's cousin, on break from college and bored with staying home.  Twice now, we have taken them out or suggested that they go out to one of the places to eat that we've found good.  Yesterday they went to a fantastic barbecue place, that also has great hamburgers.  Friend didn't like it because he interpreted 'shredded beef tenderloin sandwich' to mean 'steak fingers', because that's what chicken tenders are.  He also didn't like the home made peach cobbler because it had more spice in it than sugar - so it wasn't cloyingly sweet, like a Hostess fruit pie.  Cousin said that if 'the bleu cheese burger hadn't had so much bleu cheese on it he could have finished it'.  Cousin refuses to admit that he hasn't had/heard of something, so he'll order what he thinks will make him look cool, and generally not like it.  Which is fine, no one likes everything, but don't pretend that you eat <food> all the time and this place just isn't doing it right.  Tonight we took them out for Cajun food, at Cousin's request, and Cousin's crawdad po boy wasn't seasoned enough (he's never had crawdad before), and Friend didn't like the combination of fried shrimp, lettuce, and aioli on his shrimp po boy, although he likes all the ingredients.  I swear I am not buying any more restaurant food that isn't McDonald's until they're gone.  It's tough to enjoy some delicious food when the people across from you are making dubious faces and picking things apart.

Friend is 33 and Cousin is 27.  This would be bad enough from high schoolers, but these are (supposedly) grown men.

I wants to go eat with you, everything sounds yummy

TeamBhakta

« Reply #16807 on: July 12, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »
I've been putting my outdoor stray cats' food away at night, because for a while it attracted possums or raccoons. I forgot tonight and had to scare off a raccoon by clanging a pot (from behind a screened door). Then I later randomly saw a comment online about how people should feel lucky if their city is full of raccoons, 'cuz they're not pests. I want to go all Garfield on that person and send her a box of The World's Not Cutest Raccoons  :P

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16808 on: July 12, 2014, 10:30:52 PM »
Me too, especially the ones that ripped open my rabbit hutch and killed my rabbits:'(

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #16809 on: July 12, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
The ridiculous disparity /inconsistency in women's clothing sizes.

Examples: I have three shirts that are made by the same company. One is a small,  one a medium,  and one an extra large.  ALL similarly cut ladies shirts that are the same material and all fit me beautifully. The funny part,  a large from the same company is much too big. Huh? How's that make any sense?

Second,  today I went shopping. I have several pieces from a specific company. I love, love, love the line. Everything I have from them is  a 10 or the occasional 12 depending on how much bust room there is. So I tried on the 12 first and couldn't even get it over my head,  tried on the 14, same thing.  Figured what the heck, tried the 16. The 16 fit over my head, but was super huge everywhere but my bust (I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I had nearly a foot of excess material along my waist and hip line). Tried on a few other items from the same company and all the 10s fit perfect.   Sweet monkey fritters!
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16810 on: July 12, 2014, 11:50:41 PM »

Examples: I have three shirts that are made by the same company. One is a small,  one a medium,  and one an extra large.  ALL similarly cut ladies shirts that are the same material and all fit me beautifully. The funny part,  a large from the same company is much too big. Huh? How's that make any sense?

Second,  today I went shopping. I have several pieces from a specific company. I love, love, love the line. Everything I have from them is  a 10 or the occasional 12 depending on how much bust room there is. So I tried on the 12 first and couldn't even get it over my head,  tried on the 14, same thing.  Figured what the heck, tried the 16. The 16 fit over my head, but was super huge everywhere but my bust (I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I had nearly a foot of excess material along my waist and hip line). Tried on a few other items from the same company and all the 10s fit perfect.   Sweet monkey fritters!
And men wonder why we have to try on everything::)  Why can't we just try on the red top, and if that fits, buy one in every color?  You explain and explain, and it just doesn't get through to them.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16811 on: July 12, 2014, 11:53:04 PM »
Similar issues with the company that provides our polos for work. I have one XXL that fits perfectly, two that don't fit at all and two 4XL that are exactly the same as the first XXL. Why did they suddenly change sizes? Makes no sense.

mmswm

« Reply #16812 on: July 13, 2014, 12:24:44 AM »
Sunscreen.  Same major, national brand I always use and applied the same way.  Put it on the kids before we leave the house, and then again as we're getting out of the car when we arrive at the beach.  By the time we've gotten everything lugged out to the sand, it's been at least 20 minutes since the second application.  Haul them out of the water hourly, dry the off, reapply, make them wait a few minutes before going back into the water.  Between me and the three kids, we go through two standard sized bottles of SPF 50 for a day at the beach.  Two of my kids are seriously sunburned today in spite of all that.  *sigh*
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Carotte

« Reply #16813 on: July 13, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »

And men wonder why we have to try on everything::)  Why can't we just try on the red top, and if that fits, buy one in every color?  You explain and explain, and it just doesn't get through to them.

Not every men of course, but most, or at least a good part of them are much more casual with how a shirt will fit vs. how a shirt should fit/look like so even if they are a bit bothered about the way the sleeves aren't exactly right, I think they have a higher degree of leniency between "It's perfect"-"it's not exactly right" and "it's not right". So you (at least I) don't hear them gripping about it as much, either they don't care enough (but know it's not perfect) or they didn't even realize.
To fit a shirt a tailor needs something like 80 measurements (learned that while reading about a new app/service where men can film their bust with a cellphone/tablet, this info is rendered in a 3D model from which they can order a perfectly fitted shirt).

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #16814 on: July 13, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »
On Thursday my mom texted me because she was going to Big Nearby City on Saturday and offered her hotel room to us, since she was attending a fancy fundraiser Saturday night and then had to leave early in the morning for a flight. I texted back and said I was going to Hometown that weekend, to do some stuff for my sister's wedding, but her weekend sounded fun. Looking back on the texts, I never said I wasn't going...but Big Nearby City, My Town, and Hometown are in a triangle-sort of formation, all about 1 1/2-2 hours apart, so to spend time at her hotel room would be quite a bit of driving for me. And she never confirmed that I WAS coming.

Saturday afternoon I'm out with my sister and she calls, wanting to know when I want to leave for BNC. Confused, I tell her that no, I hadn't planned on going, and in fact I didn't feel well and was going home in a bit. So she got all PA. "Oh. Okay. Well, it's just that I got this hotel room thinking you were going to use it, and it was quite a bit of money, and I'm sorry you decided not to go and leave me in a lurch like this." Then she hangs up.

This hotel chain is the one she always stays at--it's not like she went out of her way to get this place specially. And maybe if you want to make plans with me, a day and a half in advance isn't the greatest timing for it? (Really, she got it for me? I doubt she just found out about the fundraiser on Thursday.) I texted her back apologizing for the misunderstanding, but that it was quite a drive, and I didn't have DH and DD with me, as they had gone to DH's family's for the weekend. And I had my dog along, so I couldn't really jet up there now even if I wanted to. Of course she hasn't replied back.