Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1790238 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16830 on: July 14, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »
^We aren't given a choice of vendor or brand.

Octavia

« Reply #16831 on: July 14, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »
It aggravates me when my team at work edits a huge, shared spreadsheet and then saves it with the active cell wherever they last edited it (usually not in cell A1). So when I open the spreadsheet to view it, I have to do an extra click to get to cell A1. I know, it's a first-world problem but it still bugs me.
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16832 on: July 14, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
^I hate it when I forget to switch to the first tab, top as well. No one to blame but myself.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #16833 on: July 15, 2014, 07:31:37 AM »
Game of Thrones.

My DH is completely in love with it. That's fine and dandy, but he thinks I should be to.  At best I find it okay, meaning I can take it or leave it, but I'm certainly not going to binge watch it. It's much too violent, bloody, too much nudity and sex for my liking. I'm off the school of thought that some things should be left to the imagination. I really don't want to see some random person's genitals,  I just really, really, don't.

Just about every night,  he's all "Let's watch GOT!" and I'm like "Do we have to?". If I relent, then he wants to watch another episode.  <sigh>

I simply can't watch shows or movies with that much violence.   I have terrible nightmares and if I watch something like that past 6-7 PM I have night terrors.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #16834 on: July 15, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »
I completely understand.

I can tolerate war violence in movies where it's required but I have zero tolerance for gratuitous gore.  We had a thread a few years ago from someone who had been a captive audience to a Saw marathon (when there were 4 films) and that would have been enough for me to demand to be taken home.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16835 on: July 15, 2014, 09:12:51 AM »
Game of Thrones.

My DH is completely in love with it. That's fine and dandy, but he thinks I should be to.  At best I find it okay, meaning I can take it or leave it, but I'm certainly not going to binge watch it. It's much too violent, bloody, too much nudity and sex for my liking. I'm off the school of thought that some things should be left to the imagination. I really don't want to see some random person's genitals,  I just really, really, don't.

I love GOT but I can understand why you and others might not care for it. I hate when people do this with any show. I don't watch much consistently on tv, but everyone I know seems to. Which is fine, but there are some that feel because they love a certain show, I must be missing out, and must watch, and will go on, ad naseum, trying to convince me.

Bean dipping doesnt help either; and after a while it gets really annoying.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #16836 on: July 15, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »
Game of Thrones.

I love GOT but I can understand why you and others might not care for it. I hate when people do this with any show. I don't watch much consistently on tv, but everyone I know seems to. Which is fine, but there are some that feel because they love a certain show, I must be missing out, and must watch, and will go on, ad naseum, trying to convince me.

Yeah, I'm more of a Big Bang Theory,  Jeopardy, The Middle,  Ancient Aliens, Finding  Bigfoot,  Mysteries of the Pyramid kind of girl.  I don't expect him to watch those because he does not like them.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16837 on: July 15, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

It's even worse when the person takes your lack of interest as some sort of attack on them. My MIL pitched a hissy fit once because I wasn't laughing at some inane "comedy" she loved.  I tried to beandip "It's just not to my taste." (It was one of those shows where cleverly worded insults passed for humor.) She refused to be beandipped. If I wasn't laughing, it must be because I thought it was stupid and that meant that I thought she was stupid.   
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

alkira6

« Reply #16838 on: July 15, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »
Game of Thrones.

Yeah, I'm more of a Big Bang Theory,  Jeopardy, The Middle,  Ancient Aliens, Finding  Bigfoot,  Mysteries of the Pyramid kind of girl.  I don't expect him to watch those because he does not like them.

I am one of those people who actually laugh during horror movies, so my husband was very, very surprised when I declined to watch GOT.   I was shown a scene where someone got their eyes crushed in by thumbs and that completely put me off. I was told that the whole thing is like that. No thanks.

Elisabunny

« Reply #16839 on: July 15, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
I hate when people gripe about so-and-so calling in the middle of the night and waking them up. If you leave your phone on, you're asking for it, be it an accidental pocket-dial or a call from a more nocturnal friend. I can understand if you leave your phone on for emergency purposes, but if it's on it could ring.

Seriously?  My need to have a working phone at night for emergency purposes negates the expectation of others to be courteous?
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16840 on: July 15, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
^In my opinion, if you leave your general ringer on, and someone calls you, you can't blame the caller. There are white list phone apps you can use to let a particular person call when the phone is silent.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:33:21 PM by ladyknight1 »

TeamBhakta

« Reply #16841 on: July 15, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »
People who hold up buffet lines trying to painstakingingly create their own Mona Lisa. Take a scoop and move on. Fill some mini ice cream dishes or souffle cups with the fixings you're getting overly artsy about and assemble at your table instead ::)

mmswm

« Reply #16842 on: July 15, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
My swiss cheese memory these days.  I forgot to write down an appointment time.  I know the appointment is today, but I have no idea what time.  Thankfully, this person comes to the house, so the only person inconvenienced is me, as I now have to hang around the house all day, but still, I'm irritated with myself.  I have all these fancy-smanshy electronic calendars*.  I have no excuse.

*I and each of my boys have an iPhone (well, the little one has an iPhone that's not connected to service, but can still function as a iPod).  I have an iPad and a MacBook.  I have an app that links the calendars of each device into a master calendar on the MacBook.  My failure to know the time of the appointment is entirely my own fault.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16843 on: July 15, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »
On the way home, I encountered three aggressive drivers. After getting to my complex, a person who doesn't have either the access card or someone to call to let her in, and she was blocking the gate. I think my brain hurts from all the stupidity I encountered in one hour.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #16844 on: July 15, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
I hate when people gripe about so-and-so calling in the middle of the night and waking them up. If you leave your phone on, you're asking for it, be it an accidental pocket-dial or a call from a more nocturnal friend. I can understand if you leave your phone on for emergency purposes, but if it's on it could ring.

Seriously?  My need to have a working phone at night for emergency purposes negates the expectation of others to be courteous?

I agree. Calling at strange hours is not polite, unless you are close enough to know that person's habits. This has nothing to do with cell phones. Before cell phones, people could put the phone off the hook if they wanted but it was still considered rude to call late at night.

The nocturnal friend should use a little common sense before calling others and acknowledge that not everyone has the same habits. The morning people I know (and I am so not one of them) don't call people at 7am just because they are up. We night owls should have the same sense and not call people at 11pm just because we are up and about.