Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1859303 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #17130 on: August 13, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
I cannot find a dress for my dads wedding.  I've been searching for a month, and have 10 days left.  Part of it is that I am cheap, but also because I am picky and I have gained some weight and can't seem to figure out how to dress this new shape.

Great special occasion wear here for not too much money. http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/weddings-events_1180

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17131 on: August 13, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »
Someone on my feed shared something about the WBC picketing Robin William's funeral.  By now I just roll my eyes at those folks and don't take them seriously.  But I am starting to get more annoyed at the folks who give them attention cause that's what the WBC wants.

Did you read the Reddit AMA they had ? The few answers they pried out of the WBC were so bizarre and evasive (although most of the jokes posters came up made me laugh really loud)

I didn't even know about that, but it doesn't surprise me. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

« Reply #17132 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »
Went on a lunch break one day and there was a group of 8-11 year olds outside the store fundraising. They had a cash jar, signs and parents sitting in chairs behind them. After I politely dodged their table to avoid being hitting up, I heard one kid whisper "We all need to gang up together next time." So when a customer approached from the parking lot or entered / exited the store, they were swarmed by little girls yelling and clapping "GOOOO, BIG RED! LET'S HEAR IT, LET'S SHOUT IT! FIGHT, FIGHT, WIN! GOOOO, (Mascot)! GOOOO, (Mascot)! SHOW YOUR MIGHT! LET'S HEAR IT FOR BIG RED! *GROUP SCREAM*"  :P

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17133 on: August 13, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »
Ugh, that's one of many reasons I try to avoid Walmart, they seem to always have someone fundraising outside.   Sometimes the JoAnn fabrics had that.  I saw one GS troop there where the leaders were selling while the girls braided hair.  Our leaders wouldn't have tolerated that, they would have made us do the selling.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17134 on: August 13, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »
Went on a lunch break one day and there was a group of 8-11 year olds outside the store fundraising. They had a cash jar, signs and parents sitting in chairs behind them. After I politely dodged their table to avoid being hitting up, I heard one kid whisper "We all need to gang up together next time." So when a customer approached from the parking lot or entered / exited the store, they were swarmed by little girls yelling and clapping "GOOOO, BIG RED! LET'S HEAR IT, LET'S SHOUT IT! FIGHT, FIGHT, WIN! GOOOO, (Mascot)! GOOOO, (Mascot)! SHOW YOUR MIGHT! LET'S HEAR IT FOR BIG RED! *GROUP SCREAM*"  :P
That's a good way to get ALL groups banned from fundraising.  Because I would do some mighty loud complaining, starting with the local manager and going up the chain.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17135 on: August 13, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »

You know, I would look them dead in the eye and tell them "Now you're definitely not getting anything from me"

nayberry

« Reply #17136 on: August 13, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
Oh the sleep schedule is a current bug bear of mine.  I get to sleep sometime after 2am most nights, more to do with anxiety /depression than anything else.  When I get up anytime after 9am I get greeted with "afternoon".  Given that person gets to sleep about 5 hours earlier than I do, it's really grating on my nerves.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #17137 on: August 13, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »
This is something I have exactly zero connection with personally, so why is it driving me nuts?

M has a close family member getting married for the second time.  They have a flipping honeymoon registry!  Really?!  We all like vacations, but is crowdsourcing them the best avenue?

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #17138 on: August 13, 2014, 11:24:15 PM »
Ugh, that's one of many reasons I try to avoid Walmart, they seem to always have someone fundraising outside.   Sometimes the JoAnn fabrics had that.  I saw one GS troop there where the leaders were selling while the girls braided hair.  Our leaders wouldn't have tolerated that, they would have made us do the selling.
I don't mind the girl scouts or the boy scouts. I've never seen the ones around here not have the kids doing all the work. I always by a box of thin mints from the girl scouts and the coupon book from the boys. If the boy scouts are doing their popcorn sale - I give them a donation because pretty much everything has peanuts or traces warning except the microwave popcorn - which has a chemical taste to me (all microwave popcorn). One thing I've noticed is the parents do a good job teaching the kids to offer samples without shoving them in the customer's face.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

JoW

« Reply #17139 on: August 13, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »
You must be in Nebraska.  I've been here almost 20 years and still get annoyed at the local obscession with Husker football. 

Elfmama - in Nebraska no one complains about anything even remotely Husker football.  Big Red is one of the nicknames for the team.   Complaints to store management would not get you anywhere. 

TeamBhakta

« Reply #17140 on: August 14, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »
You must be in Nebraska.  I've been here almost 20 years and still get annoyed at the local obscession with Husker football. 

Elfmama - in Nebraska no one complains about anything even remotely Husker football.  Big Red is one of the nicknames for the team.   Complaints to store management would not get you anywhere.

Nah, I live in Florida

dawnfire

« Reply #17141 on: August 14, 2014, 03:52:06 AM »
I've been trying online to book my son's learner's test for about a week and the site always seems to be down.  It doesn't let you know when you log in but after you've filled in a long info form.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17142 on: August 14, 2014, 06:38:23 AM »
When people refer to parts of the area by nicknames, and act surprised that you don't know where it is.  A long time ago, my mom was showing some visitors around our hometown.  As she was planning the itinerary for the next day, she said something about changing how we were going to get to Hughes Stadium "so they won't have to see Millertown".  I had no idea what she was talking about, and asked her.  She told me if I didn't already know, then I didn't need to know.  ::)  Finally came out that Millertown was the derogatory name she used for the poorer section of our hometown.  I'd never heard it before and never heard it since (maybe it's a real thing, maybe not), but I remember how annoyed and irritated I was that she expected me to know this without ever having to tell me!

More recently, a coworker told me that I would love a store over by where she lived, and I should really go check it out sometime.  I asked where it was, and was told "Okay, you know where Spaghetti Junction is?  It's just north of that, off the *whatever* exit".  Yeah.  I may have lived here for 10 years, but I still don't know what that is, and the total look of shock I'm getting when I ask you where Spaghetti Junction is reminds me of why I don't ask these questions!  It took me 6 years to figure out what the Crosstown was, because nobody would connect the actual name of the highway and it's nickname together for me to figure out.  AGH!

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #17143 on: August 14, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »
I hate that. I live in one town but volunteer in another about 45 minutes. People there cannot seem to give instructions that could possibly be read via map. It's always, "Turn right at the library" or "After you pass the old pizza place building, go another 500 feet and..."

How could I possibly know what the old pizza place looked like?? And ok, it's one thing to say make a turn at the distinctive building (grocery store, chain gas station, etc.) but government buildings like the library? Really? Arrrgh. Once I drove back and forth down a road to find another volunteer's house..."I live on 4th Avenue by the boat launch in a burgundy house, and it's next to a white duplex." I eventually gave up finding it.

Turns out the Boat Launch is a restaurant on 4th Avenue South, but I was on 4th Avenue North by the actual boat launch, and there happened to be a burgundy house there that was next to a white duplex.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17144 on: August 14, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »
I hate that. I live in one town but volunteer in another about 45 minutes. People there cannot seem to give instructions that could possibly be read via map. It's always, "Turn right at the library" or "After you pass the old pizza place building, go another 500 feet and..."

How could I possibly know what the old pizza place looked like?? And ok, it's one thing to say make a turn at the distinctive building (grocery store, chain gas station, etc.) but government buildings like the library? Really? Arrrgh. Once I drove back and forth down a road to find another volunteer's house..."I live on 4th Avenue by the boat launch in a burgundy house, and it's next to a white duplex." I eventually gave up finding it.

Turns out the Boat Launch is a restaurant on 4th Avenue South, but I was on 4th Avenue North by the actual boat launch, and there happened to be a burgundy house there that was next to a white duplex.

My family likes to do this.  I will interrupt and ask them to give me an address.  if they can't I'll ask them to go and find someone who can.  My final straw was when I was driving to a family reunion at a relatives house.  I kept asking my aunt for the address and she didn't know.  But rather than say she didn't know, she just kept giving me these vague directions.  After 3 or 4 go rounds, I finally said, please go and find someone with the address.  She refused and I hung up on her.  I had to call 2 other people to get the address from the hosts.