Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1859972 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #17160 on: August 18, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »
Not necessarily, Hillia.  The last one I had was lemon-flavoured and quite pleasant!  (The aftermath, less so, admittedly.)

You must have very different solutions!  Mine came with flavoring packets - the lemon was recommended - and it was incredibly foul.  No way anyone would take more than one swallow before realizing what it was (or wasn't).

I agree; its slimy and icky. And kind of salty. BLECH.  even with flavor. Someone told me, choose the flavor you dislike, rather than one you do, so you won't hate it after you do it!

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #17161 on: August 21, 2014, 06:40:16 AM »
Back in the day, which I have to confess was neither yesterday nor the day before, I had black hair. True black, not dark brown. Black. Now? Mostly grey, and over the last year, really grey, so for the past (mumble) years, I have coloured my hair. It looks good with the dark red or aubergine-purple dyes, but it's really reached the stage where there's no point in even pretending that it's natural, so I don't.

This summer, I've been rocking the pink hair. Total strangers have stopped me in the street to tell me how good it looks. I fancied a change, so I went for bright blue.

It's come out black. Not the black of normal hair, but black-ink-black. Not even the colour I had when I was 20, but black-black.

I've put on my skull-and-crossbones earrings and I'm changing my name to Free Range Gothic Raven.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17162 on: August 21, 2014, 07:20:17 AM »
Very cool!!   I like that!  I once tried coloring my hair black and realized I truly do not have the complexion to carry it off.  I'm neither pale enough nor olive toned enough to carry it off. 

Which reminds me, I do need to color my hair again.  I swear every time my roots start showing, there's more gray then brown. I actually should do it today.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hillia

« Reply #17163 on: August 21, 2014, 07:41:53 AM »
Yeast and years ago, in a misguided attempt to look like Gillian Anderson in her X Files days, I tried coloring my hair red.  I have naturally brown hair with red tones, so I thought it would work to pick a more definite red shade.   Nope.  My hair came out Bozo orange - I had to cut it off super short and let it grow out.  fortunately I had short hair at the time, so it wasn't that big a deal, but the color was pretty horrific.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #17164 on: August 21, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »
I couldn't sleep last night. I was still awake at 3 and awake after 6, so I could have gotten three hours. This is not the day for it. I am very grateful for caffeine.

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #17165 on: August 21, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »
Not necessarily, Hillia.  The last one I had was lemon-flavoured and quite pleasant!  (The aftermath, less so, admittedly.)

You must have very different solutions!  Mine came with flavoring packets - the lemon was recommended - and it was incredibly foul.  No way anyone would take more than one swallow before realizing what it was (or wasn't).

I agree; its slimy and icky. And kind of salty. BLECH.  even with flavor. Someone told me, choose the flavor you dislike, rather than one you do, so you won't hate it after you do it!

I got the powder to mix in a jug at home, but was told I could mix the fluid with Kool-Aid (anything but red, blue, and purple if I remember right) and could dilute it as much as I wanted, provided I eventually finished the jug.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17166 on: August 21, 2014, 08:31:17 AM »
Ever read Dave Barry's account of this? Bill Engvall also has a funny routine about this procedure as well.   :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Betelnut

« Reply #17167 on: August 21, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
For some reason, it really bugs when when a person's very first post on a forum is one that opens a thread.  I just feel like a person should check out the forum, post on other people's threads first, get a feel for the culture of the group before jumping right in to opening threads.

It feels presumptuous to me AND as if the only reason the person joined the forum was to tell his/her story rather than to join a community.

Obviously, YMMV!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17168 on: August 21, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »
I can see that, I suppose, but I also can understand someone having a burning thing that won't get out of their head.  I think I'd be more bothered if they only posted their own threads and paid no attention to anyone else's.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17169 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:27 AM »
Yeast and years ago, in a misguided attempt to look like Gillian Anderson in her X Files days, I tried coloring my hair red.  I have naturally brown hair with red tones, so I thought it would work to pick a more definite red shade.   Nope.  My hair came out Bozo orange - I had to cut it off super short and let it grow out.  fortunately I had short hair at the time, so it wasn't that big a deal, but the color was pretty horrific.

I had a similar incident, but mine was almost pink, AND done by my stylist. Who was a lovely man, but had been doing my hair since i was 9 or 10 (I was in my early 40s at that time) and really hadn't kept up with the times. He still did highlights with the cap, not foil.

I'm blonde, but its gotten darker over time, and I have both gray and white. So I get highlights to cover it up, and the gray and white make my hair look dingy as they take over!

So one time I said to him, can you lighten it, but add some red highlights? he had his colorist do it, and it was nice. Second time, he did it, and i don't know waht he did, but my hair was Bozo pink. I was not happy, and as it was some distance away, i wasn't able to go back and have him fix it.

So I scoured the Internet, and found something called "color oops" which strips dye from your hair. I figured I can try it, what's the worst that can happen? it did warn that it can dry out your hair. So I got some, and tried it. It worked really well; stripped all the pink out, and left just blonde, lighter than I noramlly got, but not un-natural.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17170 on: August 21, 2014, 11:53:08 AM »
BG: We live on a street where the only assigned parking is right in front of the ice cream store.  Two spots of parallel parking.  Otherwise it's pretty much a free for all, you can't really even count on the spot in front of your own house being free, so more than once I've come home to find another car parked in the spot right in front of our house.

So yesterday I come home and the spot in front of the house is taken and the cars parked in the four spaces alongside neighbor's fence have two cars parked so that no matter what, I have to parallel park. Which is not easy usually but these are long spaces, but yesterday it just wasn't going to happen.  So I parked in one of two spots in front of a neighbor's house, not taking the one in front of their door.

Dh kept telling me to move it, move it! when he got home, saying "I'm sure they'll appreciate being able to park in front of their house if you move" but 1. I wasn't in front of their house, but rather between theirs and the one next door and 2. he knows there's no assigned parking along the road whatsoever.  Heck, I parked there cause someone else was parked in front of our  house!  It's just par for the course when you don't have assigned parking.

Bethczar

« Reply #17171 on: August 21, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »
For some reason, it really bugs when when a person's very first post on a forum is one that opens a thread.  I just feel like a person should check out the forum, post on other people's threads first, get a feel for the culture of the group before jumping right in to opening threads.

It feels presumptuous to me AND as if the only reason the person joined the forum was to tell his/her story rather than to join a community.

Obviously, YMMV!
It's possibly that people have been doing all that. I know I tend to lurk for quite a while before I join a site.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #17172 on: August 21, 2014, 02:20:36 PM »

Obviously, YMMV!
It's possibly that people have been doing all that. I know I tend to lurk for quite a while before I join a site.

I agree.  And as long as their post is appropriate for the general feel of the forum, I don't see what the big deal is.  In fact, I'm part of another forum where people are encouraged to just jump in once they've read the group rules and guidelines.

However, if they come in with guns a-blazing and are inflammatory or are completely missing the purpose of the forum, then I agree some lurking might be beneficial.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17173 on: August 21, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
Ever read Dave Barry's account of this? Bill Engvall also has a funny routine about this procedure as well.   :)

I have, although not Bill's. Need to look for that one. I'm laughing especially hard since I currently have a box of Moviprep sitting in my linen closet, ready for me to take when I have mine in Oct. Will be interested to see if it really tastes like Dave says! Not that i'd know what "a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon" actually tastes like!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #17174 on: August 21, 2014, 02:34:41 PM »
They're doing major roadwork on the street I live on. That's frustrating, but not why I'm posting.

Because of this, the normally bad parking (75% of the time we get a spot near the house) has gotten abysmal. Most days we can't even see the car from the porch. *That's* not why I'm posting.

Someone cut and stole the catalytic converter off of the car! M's making a police report right now. The car rumbles very loud (think overtuned muscle car) and vibrates like a Vegas bed. This is utterly ridiculous!