Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1740465 times)

2littlemonkeys

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #17175 on: August 21, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »
They're doing major roadwork on the street I live on. That's frustrating, but not why I'm posting.

Because of this, the normally bad parking (75% of the time we get a spot near the house) has gotten abysmal. Most days we can't even see the car from the porch. *That's* not why I'm posting.

Someone cut and stole the catalytic converter off of the car! M's making a police report right now. The car rumbles very loud (think overtuned muscle car) and vibrates like a Vegas bed. This is utterly ridiculous!

Ugh, I am so sorry.  We had a rash of CC thievery in my neighborhood not too long ago.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #17176 on: August 21, 2014, 03:52:20 PM »
Ever read Dave Barry's account of this? Bill Engvall also has a funny routine about this procedure as well.   :)

I have, although not Bill's. Need to look for that one. I'm laughing especially hard since I currently have a box of Moviprep sitting in my linen closet, ready for me to take when I have mine in Oct. Will be interested to see if it really tastes like Dave says! Not that i'd know what "a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon" actually tastes like!

It tastes exactly as you'd think, but with the added bonus of the viscosity of old hair gel.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17177 on: August 21, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
Brings to mind a scene from the first part of Deathly Hallows when Mad-Eye warns everyone that polyjuice potion "tastes like goblin piss" and Fred, I believe, says "Have many experiences with that, do you, Mad-Eye?"

Another thing: fbook posts that don't give anyone any idea as to the content of the article they link to.  I clicked on a report about Robin William's ashes being spread and was treated to details I was trying to avoid. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:10:07 PM by Piratelvr1121 »
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #17178 on: August 21, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »
My aunt was a good one for giving directions by landmarks. That made this a bit more funny.

So they were visiting San Angelo, and I was giving them directions to Dad's office and drawing a map.

Me "You are going to turn right on minor road. It is right before Major road"

Aunt "Why are you telling us that"

Me - because if you get to Major Road you have gone to far, and the big green sign that says "Major Road Next Intersections" blocks the little green sign that says minor road.

My Uncle and Dad both gave her a bit of a hard time about that one.

The last 2 turns to our farm and are a no name dirt road and a dirt track across neighbors land (legal in Texas they have to give us access, besides it is in the paper work from the land we sold him that he has to grant right of way) .  We used to have to tell people drive turn on FM ### drive exactly 1.8 miles  look for the mail boxes and turn on the dirt road. Now we can tell them to look for the huge house with the red tile roof.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

snowfire

« Reply #17179 on: August 22, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Ever read Dave Barry's account of this? Bill Engvall also has a funny routine about this procedure as well.   :)

Jeff Foxworthy also has a great one.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #17180 on: August 22, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »
Robert Klein and Robin Williams also did hilarious stand up routines about the procedure.

Robert Klein's songs about certain aspects of getting older are true gems.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17181 on: August 22, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »

I have, although not Bill's. Need to look for that one. I'm laughing especially hard since I currently have a box of Moviprep sitting in my linen closet, ready for me to take when I have mine in Oct. Will be interested to see if it really tastes like Dave says! Not that i'd know what "a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon" actually tastes like!

It tastes exactly as you'd think, but with the added bonus of the viscosity of old hair gel.

So looking forward to it! taht was my complaint about the last one. it  was slimy and nasty.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #17182 on: August 22, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »
I've got the hiccups.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

TeamBhakta

« Reply #17183 on: August 22, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
An ad started playing while I was reading People Magazine's website. Something about getting a baby registry at Babies R Us and earning 10% back on everything people buy off your registry. So I looked it up and realized "Well ***, now I know why people really get their nose out of joint when you go off registry..."

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=21943286

turtleIScream

« Reply #17184 on: August 22, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »
I am sick, so have spent much of the day in bed. My son (4) wants to "snuggle" me, which means he brings noisy toys up onto my king sized bed, chatters incessantly, and plops down thisstinkingclosetome, leaving me with about 8 inches of room. And I am way too tired and weak to do anything about it.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #17185 on: August 22, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
People do this where I live, specifically, use landmarks that no longer exist to give directions. "Take a left on Main Rd. Then turn right just past where the Peterson's store used to be."

<raises hand, guiltily>  I told the now Mr_Deb how to meet me somewhere once by saying, "Turn right where Erkkinen Buick used to be" and "Turn left at the really neat church".  It made perfect sense to me at the time.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17186 on: August 23, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
Websites, when shopping online, that let you sort by size. Which will presumably pull up only those times in the chosen size. But when you actually look at them, the size you want and chose, isn't available. Drives me batty. Some are ok and actually do that, but many don't. Perhaps it's a sign I shop too much!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #17187 on: August 24, 2014, 06:36:41 AM »
Meetup members who continually refuse to read the entire text of event notices.  And ones who expect updates from a cell phone once the event starts.   

JoW

« Reply #17188 on: August 24, 2014, 04:26:29 PM »
People do this where I live, specifically, use landmarks that no longer exist to give directions. "Take a left on Main Rd. Then turn right just past where the Peterson's store used to be."

<raises hand, guiltily>  I told the now Mr_Deb how to meet me somewhere once by saying, "Turn right where Erkkinen Buick used to be" and "Turn left at the really neat church".  It made perfect sense to me at the time.

I do that routinely, but only when I'm giving directions to my house.  The house 3 doors north of me has been described as "Graceland West".  The previous owner was a a prominent local businessman with Elvis Presley's taste in landscaping.  The new owner hasn't change the landscaping much. 

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17189 on: August 24, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

This doesn't just happen with driving directions.  A friend was taking flying lessons and was told to 'turn left at the starch factory'.