Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1736504 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »
We have a relative who was serving another relative breakfast.

"How to you want your eggs?"

"I don't care."

The eggs were placed on a plate in front of him raw and in the shell. I have noticed over the years that said relative never said, "I don't care" since, at least within my hearing.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
I hate when I ask someone (DH/my mom..whoever) what they want to eat or where they want to go and they'll say "Oh I don't care".

Yes you do! You care!

So I started saying "Oh okay, I'll just make bologna sandwiches".

The result is hilarious! They'll be like "EWWW! No! I don't want that!" and I say "Oh then why'd you say you didn't care?"

I do not see how hard it is to just SAY where you want to go! 

Sometimes I say "I don't care" because I care less than the person who's asking -- e.g. , DH will ask me where I want to go, then will shoot down several suggestions.  That gets pretty tiresome, too.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2010, 12:40:04 PM »
I hate when I ask someone (DH/my mom..whoever) what they want to eat or where they want to go and they'll say "Oh I don't care".

Yes you do! You care!

So I started saying "Oh okay, I'll just make bologna sandwiches".

The result is hilarious! They'll be like "EWWW! No! I don't want that!" and I say "Oh then why'd you say you didn't care?"

I do not see how hard it is to just SAY where you want to go!

ginlyn

Oh me too!  How hard can it be to figure out what you want to eat???  I will sometimes say when asked, well, I'm not in the mood for any one specific thing, what about you, how about pizza/Italian/Chinese/Mexican - and give SOME suggestions.  I have a friend who is incapable of making up her mind about anything...even something as simple as do you want McDonalds or bagels for breakfast.

extranormal

« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2010, 12:46:15 PM »
Back on topic: I hate it when someone cuts the nose off the cheese. If there was a quarter of a round cake left you wouldn't cut out the centre. The centre is the best bit. It's rude and selfish to take it all! There's one person who does this and I have fantasies of serving him cake this way.

I never thought of this, but you're absolutely right! And I'm sure I've done this, as it just never occurred to me not to.

How can I do Cheese Penance? At the very least, I promise to slice lengthwise from this day forward.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
My sister and I have an interesting dance that works for the I don't know thing

Sis: Where do you want to go

Me: I don't know, but Italian or Mexican sounds good

Sis - How about name of restaurant.

Me Cool

(Sis and BIL are having Money problems so this lets her figure out what she can afford)

I hate it at workshops outside our district, when we all stand around trying to figure out where to eat. We always end up at some National Fast food place, and I limit our choices on that because there are 2 that put me in the ER.

So last time, I pulled out my Iphone and said how about we get adventurous. We'll use urban spoon app. We set our location and price range and shook it. A Latin American Place came up, I called about the peanut thing. Then we asked someone who did work in the area, they said it was great. We went and had a blast.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2010, 01:15:24 PM »
When my kids or husband ask me a question and I don't know the answer and they keep asking other possibilities.  E.g.:

DK:  What time does the movie start tomorrow?
me:  I don't know.
DK:  2:00?
me:  I don't know(!)
DK:  2:45?
Me:  I. DON'T. KNOW.

Cyradis

« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »
When my kids or husband ask me a question and I don't know the answer and they keep asking other possibilities.  E.g.:

That is so irritating and there'll always be one person around who insists that you do know but just don't want to tell them.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2010, 01:48:39 PM »

That is so irritating and there'll always be one person around who insists that you do know but just don't want to tell them.

Oh, yes.  I work in a library, and while I appreciate the students' confidence in me, I really don't know the answer to every possible arcane question they can think of.  The fact that I try to show them how to look up the answer they're looking for generally frustrates them, presumably because I'm just smugly withholding information from them and forcing them to find out the hard way.  ;)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
Misspellings! Especially repeated ones.

Even for obscure words in other languages. A girl I know on Facebook was talking about a "contatta" at her church". I assumed she meant "cantata". I looked it up- I was right, "contatta" is simply a form of the verb "to contact", so it HAD to be "cantata". When she misspelled it "contatta" again the next year, I told her that it was "cantata" and why, and that her misspelling was getting on my nerves. She was amazed that I remembered. The next time, she spelled it correctly- and I thanked her profusely.

Shows I was a Spelling Bee champ.
I have pet mice!

Azrail

• 'If all the insects on earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on earth would disappear. If all humans disappeared, within 50 years all species would flourish as never before.'
  • Sometimes square parents have round babies.
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2010, 11:35:05 PM »
My MIL. She's a tiny woman, but she drives me crazy. She had another meltdown last week because my parents came over to see DH and I didn't invite her, coz, you know, I wanted to spend time with my parents.
Wherever you are... that's where you happen to have gone.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
When people use the word basically constantly throughout their conversation. "Well basically", "so basically", I have caught myself doing it and have tried to stop it, but when everyone around you does it you pick it up and don' realize it.

I used to type for a very nice doctor who said "basically" at least ten times per dictation.  I had to concentrate on how nice he was and how highly his patients thought of him (he was a GYN oncologist) to keep from wanting to hit him with a blunt object.   

ScubaGirl

« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »

POD to this.  Sometimes after the first "I don't know" I'll respond with "why do you think I would know?"  (not in a snark tone, but a puzzled tone)  Sometimes the answer is helpful.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »

Oh, my DH does this.  Makes me nuts.

Pinky830

« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
I hate it when people talk to me when I am in the bathroom doing my business.

I feel like shouting back, "NO!!! I AM INVISIBLE!!! I DO NOT EXIST WHEN I AM IN THE BATHROOM STALL! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

We used to have a receptionist who did that. She had an odd way of saying my name anyway that grated on my nerves...I can hear it now, "DOCtor PINky" in a heavy regional accent...but one day she came to the restroom door and said right through it, "DOCtor PINky, so-and-so is ON the PHONE..."

"Mary! I obviously can't do anything about it right now! Would you give me a minute please?"

::)

ladyonwheels

• cassie :)
  • does my charisma scare you?
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
earthquakes that happen in the middle of scrabble

me to hubby after the shaking stopped yesterday: "that time, the earth -did- move." ;D

careful, i like bare toes ;D