News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 04:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 4538383 times)

andi

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #25860 on: October 16, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
I'm at the DMV.
It's crowded.
People who have no concept of "indoor voices". Adults and children.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #25861 on: October 16, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »
Our electricity went off this morning. After it had been down for nearly an hour, I checked the outages website to see if they expected to get it fixed soon.

...it turns out it’s not an unplanned outage. It’s a planned outage, to allow tree trimming along some power lines, and it’s going to be down for about seven hours. We were supposed to be warned, but apparently their map of which households are connected to which power lines is either wrong or easily misinterpreted, so that didn’t happen. If we had known this was coming we could have prepared for it, but as it is we’re unshowered, insufficiently caffeinated, had to get takeaway for breakfast, aaaaaaaand I’m waiting to find out if the fish and plants in my aquaponics system survive the day.  :-\
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #25862 on: October 16, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
Complaining here seems to have miraculous powers - the electricity just came back on, four hours early.  ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

dawnfire

« Reply #25863 on: October 16, 2017, 08:36:53 PM »
Complaining here seems to have miraculous powers - the electricity just came back on, four hours early.  ;D

that was better than out last unscheduled outage , which went out for about 30 hours. Over 1000 homes affected including the high school , which had to close for 2 days.
Whittlesea Victoria

pattycake

« Reply #25864 on: October 16, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »
Working at a local election today, how many people can not follow either verbal instructions (Lift the flap* to deposit your ballot) or  printed instructions (lift the flap, with an arrow pointing to said flap). We changed the written instruction three times to make it more clear and still they would pull on the piece of paper that the words were written on, in spite of the arrow pointing where to lift, or look blankly at the whole thing.

*The flap is there to prevent them from depositing the ballot until we have verified that they are returning the same ballot they were given as we write our initials on the outside of the ballot. Makes you wonder what kind of fraud happened to make that be a rule, hey? In the end, I resorted to lifting the flap for everyone.

Belle

« Reply #25865 on: October 17, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »

This might be a stupid question, but how can you (or anyone for that matter) wear clothing just out of the shipping package or just from the store without washing it first? It smells and itches.

I have a friend who gets a rash if she wears new clothing without washing it. While I sometimes wash new clothing before wearing, I don't always, and I have no problem with it. I've also never noticed a smell.

It must be one of those things that some people are sensitive to while others aren't.

My "little thing" for the day - offices that automatically schedule an appointment with you when you haven't requested one. My eye doctor automatically scheduled an annual appointment for me. I didn't plan to see them again until January, because I don't have eye insurance this year.  I don't mind reminders that it's time to schedule an appointment, but don't just schedule one for me and assume, 1) that I need it, and 2) that the appointment fits my schedule.

Luci

« Reply #25866 on: October 17, 2017, 01:04:59 PM »

My "little thing" for the day - offices that automatically schedule an appointment with you when you haven't requested one. My eye doctor automatically scheduled an annual appointment for me. I didn't plan to see them again until January, because I don't have eye insurance this year.  I don't mind reminders that it's time to schedule an appointment, but don't just schedule one for me and assume, 1) that I need it, and 2) that the appointment fits my schedule.

My eye doctor did that to me. We were on vacation, I just ignored it (they only had my home phone), and I was not charged for the appointment. Then the next time I said please do do not do that. They said they wouldn’t but tried it again, and I changed doctors to a place that would not schedule for me and told doc #1 why.

mmswm

« Reply #25867 on: October 17, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »

My eye doctor did that to me. We were on vacation, I just ignored it (they only had my home phone), and I was not charged for the appointment. Then the next time I said please do do not do that. They said they wouldn’t but tried it again, and I changed doctors to a place that would not schedule for me and told doc #1 why.
Tangential to this: pharmacies that nag you. On my list of things to do sometime this week is to switch my entire family's prescriptions to a different pharmacy over constant text and phone "reminders", and auto-refills that I cannot get to stop.  I request that they be stopped, and they might be for a month, but then they start up again.  This month the phone calls started up, and it's 2-3 every single day, and to the point where I've actually blocked the pharmacy's phone number.  I've had enough.  I do not want auto-refill.  I've told them that.  My reasons why shouldn't matter, but for the record, it's because for the last year, we can't seem to find stable doses of anything.  We find a good dose for one medication and it screws up another, so we adjust that one and it throws off a third, and then adjusting that messes up the first, so we try something else.  Automatically refilling stuff messes up insurance payments which makes my life more difficult than it already is. I should only have to tell them once.  The fact that they keep putting everything back on auto refill every time I go in to manually refill prescriptions is annoying enough.  Then the text messages started.  I told them to stop.  They didn't.  And now the phone calls.  I'm done.  I'm not dealing with this any more.  In their greed to fill more prescriptions, they lost everything, not just for me, but for my entire family. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #25868 on: October 17, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »

Tangential to this: pharmacies that nag you. On my list of things to do sometime this week is to switch my entire family's prescriptions to a different pharmacy over constant text and phone "reminders", and auto-refills that I cannot get to stop.  I request that they be stopped, and they might be for a month, but then they start up again.  This month the phone calls started up, and it's 2-3 every single day, and to the point where I've actually blocked the pharmacy's phone number.  I've had enough.  I do not want auto-refill.  I've told them that.  My reasons why shouldn't matter, but for the record, it's because for the last year, we can't seem to find stable doses of anything.  We find a good dose for one medication and it screws up another, so we adjust that one and it throws off a third, and then adjusting that messes up the first, so we try something else.  Automatically refilling stuff messes up insurance payments which makes my life more difficult than it already is. I should only have to tell them once.  The fact that they keep putting everything back on auto refill every time I go in to manually refill prescriptions is annoying enough.  Then the text messages started.  I told them to stop.  They didn't.  And now the phone calls.  I'm done.  I'm not dealing with this any more.  In their greed to fill more prescriptions, they lost everything, not just for me, but for my entire family.

It is super annoying. I was having issues with CVS over this with a medication my DH takes and my migraine medication. My DH's medication gets adjusted based on his lab work every month. Only one of them is not dependent on his lab results, that one is on a 90 day auto refill. One of my migraine medications was being fiddled with, so no I didn't want it autofilled as the dosage was likely to change. My emergency migraine medication I take on an as needed basis, so one month I really might only take 1/4 of what I'm given for the month, the next month I might take 1/2, the next month all of it, so I don't need or want it autofilled. I don't need that much of a stockpile of it sitting around.

I finally had to go have a chat in person with the pharmacist. They could either stop harassing me about the auto-refills or I could pull all our Rxs to Publix. I haven't had a problem with them since.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

mmswm

« Reply #25869 on: October 17, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »

It is super annoying. I was having issues with CVS over this with a medication my DH takes and my migraine medication. My DH's medication gets adjusted based on his lab work every month. Only one of them is not dependent on his lab results, that one is on a 90 day auto refill. One of my migraine medications was being fiddled with, so no I didn't want it autofilled as the dosage was likely to change. My emergency migraine medication I take on an as needed basis, so one month I really might only take 1/4 of what I'm given for the month, the next month I might take 1/2, the next month all of it, so I don't need or want it autofilled. I don't need that much of a stockpile of it sitting around.

I finally had to go have a chat in person with the pharmacist. They could either stop harassing me about the auto-refills or I could pull all our Rxs to Publix. I haven't had a problem with them since.

The pharmacy in question is, in fact, CVS, and despite multiple chats both in person, over the phone, and online requests, the electronic nagging and auto refills have not stopped. The most annoying part about this is I actually like the staff at the CVS, and I realize these are corporate things the store level staff have no control over, but it was still enough to drive me away.  I switched everything to Von's shortly after I posted and just got home a little bit ago with all my newly Von's-filled prescriptions.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

jpcher

« Reply #25870 on: October 17, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
I just ignore the auto refill messages (from CVS). They only have my landline number and call maybe three times before they give up. It's a robot message. One time a real person called, left a message saying that if I didn't pick the meds up within the next couple of days they will restock it so I figure no harm, no foul. Ignore.

I never signed up for autorefill so it is a bit annoying especially when I have over a month's worth of meds and they want me to refill now? I go on-line whenever I'm ready for a refill then pick it up the next day.

mmswm

« Reply #25871 on: October 17, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
I just ignore the auto refill messages (from CVS). They only have my landline number and call maybe three times before they give up. It's a robot message. One time a real person called, left a message saying that if I didn't pick the meds up within the next couple of days they will restock it so I figure no harm, no foul. Ignore.

I never signed up for autorefill so it is a bit annoying especially when I have over a month's worth of meds and they want me to refill now? I go on-line whenever I'm ready for a refill then pick it up the next day.

The way my insurance pre-authorizes things, it creates problems, and the constant text messages and several phone calls per medication per person get really old after a while.  I've tried every way I know how to get them to stop over the course of the last year.  I feel I gave them a fair chance to correct the problem.

vintagegal

« Reply #25872 on: October 18, 2017, 08:21:40 AM »

My eye doctor's office made a one year follow up appt. for me last fall. Beginning of Oct, I looked on the patient portal website to get the exact date and time - nothing there. I sent a message and got back, "Oh Dr. will not be in on that day, make another appt." I did so, and followed up with a question as to whether they had ever planned to let me know the appt had been cancelled?

siamesecat2965

« Reply #25873 on: October 18, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »

CVS calls me all the time about my prescriptions. Which are for asthma and allergies but i don't take them every day. So while an inhaler should last me only 30 days, mine will last me several months. Same with my eye drops and so on. But they continually call me to remind me my prescription needs to be refilled. No, it doesn't. And i'll do it myself when i need more.

TracyXJ

« Reply #25874 on: October 18, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »

This might be a stupid question, but how can you (or anyone for that matter) wear clothing just out of the shipping package or just from the store without washing it first? It smells and itches.

I have a friend who gets a rash if she wears new clothing without washing it. While I sometimes wash new clothing before wearing, I don't always, and I have no problem with it. I've also never noticed a smell.

It must be one of those things that some people are sensitive to while others aren't.

You mean they just schedule it and don't tell you until you get a little reminder email/text/call just before the appointment?  That's insane.  I don't mind the ones that automatically make the next appointment like my kids dentist, but they give you an appointment card right then and tell you to feel free to call and change it closer to the date if it doesn't work for you. 

I think they're trying to be helpful because a lot of those once or twice a year appointment type places realize that they will get completely booked up without any space for their "regulars" to fit in if they don't go ahead and reserve a slot for them.  Even if you change it later, the idea is that enough people will do that that they can shuffle folks around a little, but still have a space held.