News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 17, 2017, 06:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 4659574 times)

malfoyfan13

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #25995 on: November 21, 2017, 12:56:32 PM »
RE: Facebook - I figure if people don't want to see pictures of my cats or my granddaughter, they can un-follow me. :-)

What I can't stand is people who either post pity-party stuff, or something like "CRUD MONKEYS!, I'm so upset..." with nothing else.  So you either have to ask them why they're upset, or ignore it and maybe look like you don't CARE why they're upset.  Or, I don't know, un-follow them.  Which is what I've done with several people. 

Girlie

« Reply #25996 on: November 21, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »
People who don't visit this website.

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next year.

The bride-to-be just sent out a mass text with a link to a GoFundMe page for their honeymoon.

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #25997 on: November 21, 2017, 03:47:02 PM »
People who don't visit this website.

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next year.

The bride-to-be just sent out a mass text with a link to a GoFundMe page for their honeymoon.
(Snicker)  ::)

Shalamar

« Reply #25998 on: November 22, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »
My city's transit company recently introduced, with great fanfare, the ability to pay for riding the bus with a plastic card instead of tickets or money.  (Never mind that other cities have been doing this for years ...)   The idea is that you load money onto to the card, and when its balance is below a certain point, it'll automatically reload from the credit card you have on file. 

Except that usually doesn't work.  My husband, who rides the bus a lot, keeps getting "Your automatic reload didn't work" e-mails from the company.  He tried reloading manually on the website, and THAT didn't work.  He complained to the transit company directly, who were all "Yeah, our website isn't working properly."  Husband said "There's nothing on the site indicating that there's a problem, though."  "It's not working.  If you want to reload your card, you'll have to visit a store and do it there." 

Apparently the system has been buggy from the start.  He and I both work in I.T., and we know that new systems usually have issues, but this is ridiculous.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #25999 on: November 22, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »
My city's transit company recently introduced, with great fanfare, the ability to pay for riding the bus with a plastic card instead of tickets or money.  (Never mind that other cities have been doing this for years ...)   The idea is that you load money onto to the card, and when its balance is below a certain point, it'll automatically reload from the credit card you have on file. 

Except that usually doesn't work.  My husband, who rides the bus a lot, keeps getting "Your automatic reload didn't work" e-mails from the company.  He tried reloading manually on the website, and THAT didn't work.  He complained to the transit company directly, who were all "Yeah, our website isn't working properly."  Husband said "There's nothing on the site indicating that there's a problem, though."  "It's not working.  If you want to reload your card, you'll have to visit a store and do it there." 

Apparently the system has been buggy from the start.  He and I both work in I.T., and we know that new systems usually have issues, but this is ridiculous.

Let me guess... the Key Card?

TaurusGirl

« Reply #26000 on: November 22, 2017, 09:25:08 PM »

If I recall correctly, we're in the same city. And now our city is raising transit fares AND cutting service. And people still have issues with the card.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #26001 on: November 22, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »
Facebook suggested a couple times last week that I should become friends with a random man in China. I've never ever met this guy & we have no friends in common. This was under notifications in my account, not "people you may know." Although eventually he did show up in the "people you may know" list later!  :o

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #26002 on: November 23, 2017, 05:27:31 AM »
Facebook suggested a couple times last week that I should become friends with a random man in China. I've never ever met this guy & we have no friends in common. This was under notifications in my account, not "people you may know." Although eventually he did show up in the "people you may know" list later!  :o

This may be a glitch, or he may either be sending friend requests to your friends (because he knows them or because it's a bot account), be connected at the 'friends of friends' level, or be looking at your profile a few times.

People who view your page ending up on your suggestions is a creepy thing I heard of only recently -- I'm an attorney and we were warned never to look at client or witness pages using our personal profiles because this will happen.

Shalamar

« Reply #26003 on: November 23, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
That's right, TaurusGirl!  That, combined with the outbreak of violence on our city's buses lately, makes riding them extremely unappealing.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #26004 on: November 24, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
My bank's apparently changed things without warning again - the account type I have no longer has the monthly maintenance fee waived, and I received absolutely no correspondence from them that suggested this was going to happen. >:( It's not going to break me, but really? Shouldn't people at least get some warning?
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

gramma dishes

« Reply #26005 on: November 24, 2017, 06:47:36 PM »
My bank's apparently changed things without warning again - the account type I have no longer has the monthly maintenance fee waived, and I received absolutely no correspondence from them that suggested this was going to happen. >:( It's not going to break me, but really? Shouldn't people at least get some warning?

Absolutely.  I would go to the bank and protest inquire as to how that happened.   You might find that they might be happy to return you to their original maintenance-free policy.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
« Reply #26006 on: November 24, 2017, 08:33:09 PM »

Absolutely.  I would go to the bank and protest inquire as to how that happened.   You might find that they might be happy to return you to their original maintenance-free policy.

I'm considering it. I'm going to look and see if there's something buried in their FAQs somewhere first. (Though even if there is - still would have been nice to have notice...)
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."

SingingFrog

« Reply #26007 on: November 27, 2017, 06:38:02 AM »
So, this morning, I have been looking everywhere for the kitchen tray, before remembering that it is currently in the fridge, used as a cheese tray. But that in itself is not the "little thing that drives me up the wall". At one point before I found it, as I was starting to get irritated, I messaged my boyfriend to ask him if he knew where the tray was (I have been away last week-end, maybe he had used it). His answer was "Well, isn't it <where we usually keep it when not in use>?"
Well, if I'm asking you, it's probably because it's NOT there, don't you think?!!
I didn't answer that of course, because I knew it was the irritation speaking, but it did make me roll my eyes so hard.

Shalamar

« Reply #26008 on: November 27, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
SingingFrog (great name, BTW), that reminds me of my husband.  I adore him, but he does stuff like that all the time.  Example:

Me:  Man, I've got a terrible headache.
Him:  Did you try Tylenol?

Gee - take headache medication for a headache?  No, that never occurred to me!   ::)

TracyXJ

« Reply #26009 on: November 27, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »
SingingFrog (great name, BTW), that reminds me of my husband.  I adore him, but he does stuff like that all the time.  Example:

Me:  Man, I've got a terrible headache.
Him:  Did you try Tylenol?

Gee - take headache medication for a headache?  No, that never occurred to me!   ::)

My DH does that too, but it's more because I'm don't like to take medicine, so I won't and then I complain about my headache.  He's trying to say that I can't complain if I'm not going to try to do something about it.  (it's probably one of the things that I do that drives him up a wall)