Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1567814 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #8100 on: May 21, 2012, 03:08:47 AM »
You both have my sympathies. DS was on sleep strike too last night. Nothing worked! He's teething and has a horror of a cold on and off. Poor little man!! He's usually so good at sleeping...!!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8101 on: May 21, 2012, 04:09:07 AM »
When DH decides that the ideal time to load his weekly pill organizer is about 2 minutes before I'm about ready to start putting dinner on the table.  ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #8102 on: May 21, 2012, 05:47:37 AM »
My DH is is being very PA in the latest game we play: Diablo 3.

My DH and I usually play together with my BIL and brother, and we can talk to each other using voice chat. The playstyle of my brother differs a bit from my DH and I. My brother pushes on fast and wants to get through the story in a quick pace, sometimes being impatient if people want to explore. My DH and I like to explore every inch of the areas we play in. So sometimes we drop behind or lose each other. I usually shrug it off and decide to explore the areas again later on my own. My DH sometimes steams on the inside, but won't tell my brother what his issue is.

One example: At one point we lost my brother - he had advanced to another area in the game. When we wondered aloud where he was, he told us to use the minimap (a feature in the game which also shows where the other players are) so that we could see where he was. Later in the game, my DH lagged behind as he was attacked by monsters. He was annoyed because my brother didn't notice, and he sniped that people should use the minimap.
There little barbs go back and forth. I am annoyed because it creates an unwanted tension in the game. It also annoys me because they both go thinking now that the other person is unreasonable and acting all snippy because they have no idea how the actions relate to their own actions at an earlier point - because they never explain to each other. Ok, all people who also think they act like little boys, raise your hands! ;)

The killer is that my DH has explained to me about my brothers game behaviour, but when I tell him to clearly explain what his problem is to my brother himself (and yelling 'you're going too fast' once, midgame, doesn't count). Then my DH tells me not to inject myself this situation. And he didn't understand my argument that their bickering is really affecting my enjoyment of the game too, and by bickering around other people, he dragged other people into the situation.

The true question is: Do the etiquette rules allow me to strangle him now? ;)

(edit because I misspelled strangle)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:50:28 AM by girlysprite »

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #8103 on: May 21, 2012, 06:34:52 AM »
My DH is is being very PA in the latest game we play: Diablo 3.

My DH and I usually play together with my BIL and brother, and we can talk to each other using voice chat. The playstyle of my brother differs a bit from my DH and I. My brother pushes on fast and wants to get through the story in a quick pace, sometimes being impatient if people want to explore. My DH and I like to explore every inch of the areas we play in. So sometimes we drop behind or lose each other. I usually shrug it off and decide to explore the areas again later on my own. My DH sometimes steams on the inside, but won't tell my brother what his issue is.

One example: At one point we lost my brother - he had advanced to another area in the game. When we wondered aloud where he was, he told us to use the minimap (a feature in the game which also shows where the other players are) so that we could see where he was. Later in the game, my DH lagged behind as he was attacked by monsters. He was annoyed because my brother didn't notice, and he sniped that people should use the minimap.
There little barbs go back and forth. I am annoyed because it creates an unwanted tension in the game. It also annoys me because they both go thinking now that the other person is unreasonable and acting all snippy because they have no idea how the actions relate to their own actions at an earlier point - because they never explain to each other. Ok, all people who also think they act like little boys, raise your hands! ;)

The killer is that my DH has explained to me about my brothers game behaviour, but when I tell him to clearly explain what his problem is to my brother himself (and yelling 'you're going too fast' once, midgame, doesn't count). Then my DH tells me not to inject myself this situation. And he didn't understand my argument that their bickering is really affecting my enjoyment of the game too, and by bickering around other people, he dragged other people into the situation.

The true question is: Do the etiquette rules allow me to strange him now? ;)

My answer will depend upon if you ordered the game and received a hard copy, or received it via digital download.  Because what a lot of people don't understand is that while digital downloads are great in that you get the game faster, can play it sooner, and don't contribute to landfills with all the packaging and such, in this situation it's less than ideal, because you will never be able to shove a digital download where the sun don't shine into a fellow player who's annoying the bejeebus out of you.

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #8104 on: May 21, 2012, 06:52:06 AM »

My answer will depend upon if you ordered the game and received a hard copy, or received it via digital download.  Because what a lot of people don't understand is that while digital downloads are great in that you get the game faster, can play it sooner, and don't contribute to landfills with all the packaging and such, in this situation it's less than ideal, because you will never be able to shove a digital download where the sun don't shine into a fellow player who's annoying the bejeebus out of you.

Thank you for completely making my day! :D

And luckily, we did get a hard copy  >:D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #8105 on: May 21, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »

Thank you for completely making my day! :D

And luckily, we did get a hard copy  >:D

Well, my advice is then, simply, one word:

Sideways.   >:D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8106 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »
When people don't look at things carefully (work-related) before asking stupid questions that don't need to be asked.  My bosses' boss today had to do a summary of ONE document.  Which was a correction to a prior doc.  So I gave her links to both, as a reference.  well, she claimed that she only had the prior one, not the prior and current one.  But on my list, i had both.  i think since i neglected to separate the links with a comma, she rushed through and didn't realize it was 2 separate links. whatever.

Fleur-de-Lis

• Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
« Reply #8107 on: May 21, 2012, 04:21:51 PM »
"I RSVPd" instead of "I replied". 
•   Finally we shall place the Sun himself at the center of the Universe.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #8108 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »
DF doesn't look for stuff properly. He asks where something is and I give a highly reasonable answer. His face does this :o and then this ??? And then he looks and finds whatever he's looking for and by that time my face is  >:(.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #8109 on: May 21, 2012, 05:13:31 PM »
DF doesn't look for stuff properly. He asks where something is and I give a highly reasonable answer. His face does this :o and then this ??? And then he looks and finds whatever he's looking for and by that time my face is  >:(.

We have that issue.  My normal response is "Did you look for it like I look for it or did you look for it like you look for it?" 

And the one that's bothering me today, Summers Eve's new ad slogan, "Hail to the V" - really?  Gag.

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8110 on: May 21, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
Okay, I love bacon, but I'm getting a little confused, disgusted and annoyed with the thought of some that it needs to be turned into so many other dishes bacon should not be a part of.

I mean I saw something on Pinterest that I am praying is a joke. Bacon flavored toothpaste? Ewww!  And bacon flavored Diet Coke was another. Seriously? I love me some Diet Coke, and I love bacon, but ew ew ew ew!!  Bacon should crunch, why would anyone want to drink bacon? Nasty. 

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #8111 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:43 PM »
"I RSVPd" instead of "I replied".

lol, all right then.

The invite DOES say "Kindly RSVP no later than ..." So I did. I RSVP'd.

kitty-cat

« Reply #8112 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »

I do this all the time with my stepsisters BF. He'll be in the couch watching TV, and then he'll start doing the "looking for phone" pat around him. I just look at him and say "is it in your pocket?". Do far I have a 100% correct record with it.....

NE Florida

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8113 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »
I am very embarrassed to admit that one day I was just about to lose my mind and burst into tears of frustration at not being able to find my cell phone.

Pirateboy 2 says "Uh, Mom? It's in your hand..."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #8114 on: May 21, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »
^^^ I do the same thing with my glasses.  My glasses that I cannot see without...that are on my face. 

My uncles and gps did it a lot too...it must be genetic  ;D.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah