A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?

<< < (1950/5258) > >>

Piratelvr1121:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on November 20, 2012, 09:37:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on November 19, 2012, 09:49:04 PM ---Jewelry commercials that guilt men into buying jewelry for their women.  And it has to be diamonds, too. Not every woman loves diamonds, folks.  I like jewelry, but I prefer gemstones and Celtic inspired designs.  Like I just ordered myself a Celtic cross necklace from an Irish company. :)

--- End quote ---

POD. I am getting a sterling Claddagh brooch with an amethyst for myself for Christmas.

--- End quote ---

OOooh that sounds pretty! I'd love to have a Celtic style cloak with a brooch like that to secure it.  One of those things to be saved up for or one day bite the bullet, get a pattern and tackle the sewing project.

Giggity:

--- Quote from: JennJenn68 on November 15, 2012, 07:56:41 AM ---Two words:  "I just..."
--- End quote ---

Here in Texas, a lot of people "just" when they pray. It's like punctuation, and it's the oddest thing. Every fourth word is "just."

ladyknight1:

--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on November 20, 2012, 10:08:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on November 20, 2012, 09:37:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Piratelvr1121 on November 19, 2012, 09:49:04 PM ---Jewelry commercials that guilt men into buying jewelry for their women.  And it has to be diamonds, too. Not every woman loves diamonds, folks.  I like jewelry, but I prefer gemstones and Celtic inspired designs.  Like I just ordered myself a Celtic cross necklace from an Irish company. :)

--- End quote ---

POD. I am getting a sterling Claddagh brooch with an amethyst for myself for Christmas.

--- End quote ---

OOooh that sounds pretty! I'd love to have a Celtic style cloak with a brooch like that to secure it.  One of those things to be saved up for or one day bite the bullet, get a pattern and tackle the sewing project.

--- End quote ---

Our local Scottish Highland games are in January, so I can wear it with my plaid and dress!

snowflake:

--- End quote ---

I just celebrated a "milestone" anniversary.  I haven't broadcasted it because generally people who don't know me want to know what bling he gave me.  Ugh.  Drives me nuts.

hobish:

--- Quote from: Adelaide on November 19, 2012, 09:22:47 PM ---When people say "I'm taking/eating the last of X, did anyone want it?"

Yes, I wanted it. I wanted the last piece of pie. The last index card. The last piece of tape. I wanted it with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. But there is no polite way to say that or to appropriate the thing in question for myself.

I wish the standard was "I'm taking/eating the last of X, just to let you know" instead. :P

--- End quote ---

Why not?
...and why not take it if you wanted it so badly?
This makes me curious, as Gish and I are afflicted with that tendency to never ever take the last of anything. Our refrigerator is a treasure trove of jars with one serving left in them because we're both "too polite" to eat the last of anything, just in case someone else wanted it. It's nuts, and yet it is so ingrained we both continue to do it.  ::) :P  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version