Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1741893 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #9795 on: November 22, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
LSG I <3 you lol!!!  >:( seriously everything y ou said I hear you!!!
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

magicdomino

« Reply #9796 on: November 22, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
People wishing me a "Happy Thanks Giving" mostly it's members of my family on FB who are in my archduke Ferdinand friend list. (virtual cookies if anyone can guess why I call it this.)

You all may be thinking, "what a misery LSG is" but to clarify, not one of them is American or has any connection to America or knows anyone American. I am in Dear Old Blighty

These are people who would also wish me a happy Hanukkah, Dawali and even independents day (yes American independence day ::))

It's silly and childish how annoyed it makes me but it does.

Oh yes and these same people have had their Christmas decorations up since the end of October.  :o  This also drives me Potty.

I am a grumpy Panda today.

Happy Thanks giving to all E hellions who celebrate this day.

Let me guess:  You would love to assassinate them, or at least pretend they don't exist, but it will start a World War if you tried.   :)

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #9797 on: November 23, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
magicdomino for the win http://tinyurl.com/cookiecookiecookiecookie
As long as by assassinate, you mean delete and block from face book. Pretend they never existed ohh and "Obliviate" them from my memory.

I felt Guilty calling the file Toxic (people) dump (file).
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

snowfire

« Reply #9798 on: November 23, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »
When some idjit in a honkin' huge pickup or SUV parks in a marked "compact car only" parking spot and takes up THREE spaces.
The one they are in and half of the ones on either side.  Grrr.  >:(

Snooks

« Reply #9799 on: November 23, 2012, 05:14:42 PM »
I did something to the computer and now none of my websites are rendering right and I can't fix it.  I've got horrible feeling I'm going to have to uninstall everything and start all over again.

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #9800 on: November 24, 2012, 03:02:42 AM »
Following cake recipe links and finding that they start with "take 1 box of XXX cake mix..."

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #9801 on: November 24, 2012, 03:09:17 AM »
Following cake recipe links and finding that they start with "take 1 box of XXX cake mix..."

Along similar lines, last week I was looking for baked empanada recipes. Every single one I came across walked you through making the dough and the filling, then how to stuff and fold them and ended with "and bake until golden brown." No temperature, no time, just bake!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #9802 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »

Along similar lines, last week I was looking for baked empanada recipes. Every single one I came across walked you through making the dough and the filling, then how to stuff and fold them and ended with "and bake until golden brown." No temperature, no time, just bake!

That's like driving instructions that say "and then drive there".

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9803 on: November 24, 2012, 09:47:47 AM »

That's 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then check every 5 minutes, and write down your results. Probably.

My hate it 'salt to taste'. I usually cut the salt in half anyway, but I need a place to start! I finally decided to try 1 tsp. per quart of product and go from there. Sigh.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9804 on: November 24, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »

Ugh, I hate this too.  Just the other day I was looking for a recipe for home made spice cake.  Almost every recipe I came across started out with a cake mix bought from the store.

Same goes for casseroles and other things that always seem to have cans of cream of mushroom or celery or chicken soup.  That's not home made.  That's SEMI home made; something Sandra Lee would make.  If I wanted that, I'd Google Sandra Lee recipes.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9805 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:57 PM »
 How about the carrot cake recipe that neglected to mention flour?

I had an aunt that got badly stung on that one.

The baked and sweetly seasoned carrots weren't bad as a side dish but, when you were expecting a cake, this did not make the grade. 

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #9806 on: November 24, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »

You just described all the family recipes. If asked, grandma and the aunts explain that they all had different ovens, some hotter than others but they all knew the temperature to bake a cake on their own oven. *sigh*

PeterM

« Reply #9807 on: November 24, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »

You just described all the family recipes. If asked, grandma and the aunts explain that they all had different ovens, some hotter than others but they all knew the temperature to bake a cake on their own oven. *sigh*

I helped a friend compile a family cookbook years back. All of her grandmother's recipes called for something on the order of "bake in a medium oven until done." That was state of the art, back in the day.

Adelaide

« Reply #9808 on: November 24, 2012, 09:00:08 PM »
If I hear "He's too old for you" from my friends and family one more time I will implode. Not only in my actual personal life, but in stupid situations like movies. I just want to watch Skyfall in peace and stare at Ralph Fiennes in a suit without hearing a pre-emptive "Look away, too old!" but apparently that's too much to ask. >.>

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #9809 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09:57 AM »
If I hear "He's too old for you" from my friends and family one more time I will implode. Not only in my actual personal life, but in stupid situations like movies. I just want to watch Skyfall in peace and stare at Ralph Fiennes in a suit without hearing a pre-emptive "Look away, too old!" but apparently that's too much to ask. >.>

Never heard of that before. My girl crush was on Chistopher Walken, and you know how many women and girls have swooned over Sean Connnery?

And now a thing that drives me and my husband up the wall: each other and our unborn baby. You see, I'm over 38 weeks pregnant, which means labor can start any time now. The baby is also kicking really hard sometimes, so I let out smell yelps or groans. And every time my husband is startled and goes like 'what?' 'are you ok?' 'what is happening?'. He means well, and he knows it's babykicks, but due to labor being so close he is on edge. And the constant replies to each little sound I make set me on edge as well.