A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

What little things drive you completely up the wall....?

<< < (1986/3401) > >>

Venus193:
True, but I always had to tune out the scatology because it so clashed with his brilliant social commentary.

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on December 04, 2012, 07:29:52 PM ---Migraines too. I get them, and have since I was ten years old. My son is starting to get them, and people who have never had a vision-altering, sound-amplifying, dizzying, crippling migraine can't relate. It drives me up the wall when people belittle how others feel about whatever troubles them.

--- End quote ---
+11 million.  "Well, when *I* get a headache, I just take a couple of aspirin and get on with my day.  Why do *you* have to go lie down in a dark room?" ::) That was MIL's favorite line, as if I was pretending to feel sledgehammers on my skull and someone squeezing my eyes in a vise.  >:(

ladyknight1:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on December 04, 2012, 10:12:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on December 04, 2012, 07:29:52 PM ---Migraines too. I get them, and have since I was ten years old. My son is starting to get them, and people who have never had a vision-altering, sound-amplifying, dizzying, crippling migraine can't relate. It drives me up the wall when people belittle how others feel about whatever troubles them.

--- End quote ---
+11 million.  "Well, when *I* get a headache, I just take a couple of aspirin and get on with my day.  Why do *you* have to go lie down in a dark room?" ::) That was MIL's favorite line, as if I was pretending to feel sledgehammers on my skull and someone squeezing my eyes in a vise.  >:(

--- End quote ---

My sister has them even worse than I do. My MIL has a very bad habit of making it sound like everyone is a hypochondriac, and her sister ends up at the ER because of her migraines. Very unfair to others.

Elfmama:
Y
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on December 04, 2012, 10:22:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Elfmama on December 04, 2012, 10:12:24 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My sister has them even worse than I do. My MIL has a very bad habit of making it sound like everyone is a hypochondriac, and her sister ends up at the ER because of her migraines. Very unfair to others.

--- End quote ---
I've been to the ER/doctor's office for mine a time or two.  Demerol in the old days, sumatriptan injections now.  Sumatriptan...now there's a cure that is ALMOST worse than the illness!  It replaces Sledgehammer Guy with Belt-sander Guy.  Last time was in April, and I had to insist on injection, not pills.  I was already in the hospital after a car accident. (Nothing broken or really injured, just mystery chest pains.) And like many migraineurs, I KNOW when one is developing, and I know that sumatriptan pills need to be taken at the very beginning to be effective. Some bean counter decided that pills administered 2 hours later would be sufficient.  Not a snowball's chance in the Hot Place!  After another 2 or 3 pain-filled hours, they finally agreed to give me the injection.  I'm afraid that I was "that patient".  First the nurse tried to give me another pill.  "NO.  NO PILLS. SHOT."  About the only coherent words I could get out.  DH was there by that time to explain and do some butt-chewing, because there was no excuse for the delay.  Not a little thing at all!

Redsoil:

--- Quote from: hobish on December 04, 2012, 07:53:26 PM ---
People who are always early. Especially people who are always early and then trot out that old, "People who are late think their time is more important." Um, yeah, well, if you are showing up at my house a half hour earlier than you should be what in holy heck do you think you are conveying, smartypants??  >:( It's certainly not that my time is important, is it? No. It is not. Shut up. And go away for 30 minutes. And if you dare say, "On time is late" we may not be able to stay friends ... because i will have killed you and buried you in the front yard.

On the trite phrases, "People who curse have no imagination." Um, no. People who say that have no imagination. #$@% off.  :P

--- End quote ---

I think I love you, Hobish!  (Wanna come and talk to some of our patients?  Half hour early, hour early, IN THE LUNCH BREAK early by half an hour...  and then "Oh, but I don't mind, I'll just relax here.  Unless you can get me in early???  *Hopeful grin*  And then they don't relax, they talk my ear off when I'm trying to get work done, or trying to have lunch*.)

*Yes, we have started locking the door.  Results have been mixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version